Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service
We, Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies), are an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. However, we are deeply saddened to report that, even after all of this, our overseas suppliers have decided to undercut us and supply to our major customers directly. For this reason, we have no choice but to suspend telephone support for all Foscam branded products. If you have purchased a Foscam camera directly from us or from one of our authorized retailers, technical support is still available via email at email@example.com.
For customers who have not purchased from us directly, we advise you to please contact Foscam Shenzhen or the distributor which you have purchased from. In the meantime, we have launched our own new brand of IP cameras called Amcrest, which has superior quality products and full telephone technical support 7 days per week. We hope you can support us in our new venture. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com.
This guide will assist you in setting up your Foscam IP Camera to send pictures to your Email.
1) First log in to your camera; then, if you are using Internet Explorer, click on the For Administrator tab. If you are using Firefox then click on the Device Management tab.
2) Then Select Mail Service Settings on the left side panel.
3) Here you need to input your SMTP information including username, password and SMTP server. Most ISP’s such as AOL and Roadrunner will provide you with this, however if they do not you will have to seek a 3rd party company to supply you with one. (Note: GMX, Gmail and Hotmail will not work). Then enter the sender and receiver Email address. See below for an example.
4) Click submit before you click test.
5) Now, in order to get your Motion Detection to start working you will need to log into your camera again and goto Alarm Service Settings and check the box for Motion Detect Armed.