As promised please find below links to the much anticipated firmware
release for the Foscam FI9821W Megapixel H.264 Wireless IP Camera.
This firmware update is incredible and resolves the vast majority of
issues that customers were experiencing with the FI9821W as well as
improves the video quality!
We would like to thank you all for your support on the forums and
feedback through email and telephone. We really appreciate it
and will always strive our best to meet and exceed your expectations.
Please let us know your thoughts on the firmware update and any further
suggestions or comments you may have. For a complete list of fixes and
issues resolved please see below. Also, there is a new
updated programming API which we can send to you if you would like to
develop any apps or integrate the FI9821W with your website and/or
software systems (Please let us know).
Firmware Download for FI9821W:
Mirror 1: http://www.foscam.com/Private/ProductFiles/FI9821W-18.104.22.168-20130201.zip
Mirror 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9t7q32shhelygr6/FI9821W-22.214.171.124-20130201.zip
Mirror 3: http://foscam.us/downloads/FI9821W-126.96.36.199-20130201.zip
Firmware Fixes / Issues Resolved:
– Added Start-Up options within the Pan & Tilt Settings page. This
page allows the same functionality as older indoor MJPEG models,
where you can set the camera to boot to a preset, disable the start-up
pan/tilt, or allow it to center upon rebooting.
– Adjusted certain video parameters to increase the clarity of video.
Also added a new 4M stream which improves the video quality. This
stream was made default. The 2M stream is still available in cases
where bandwidth issues arise.
– Disabled the Foscam DDNS by default; this was done as a security
precaution. To use the DDNS you will have to manually enable it by
going to the DDNS Settings page.
– Added the camera name and alarm timing on alarm e-mail subject lines.
This prevents the alarms from being stacked into multiple e-mails on
certain providers like G-mail. This was also done due to some end-users
receiving the e-mail in their spam folders.
– Added the ability to scan up to 100 wireless networks and show them
in the wireless network list. Wireless networks are now sorted by signal
strength, so the best signal networks will appear first.
– Added support to fetch an MJPEG HTTP URL stream, similar to older
MJPEG camera functionality. To see the steps on how to achieve this,
read our forum post here:
– Added support to fetch JPG pictures by snapshot CGI commands, similar
to older MJPEG camera functionality. To see steps on how to achieve this,
read our forum post here:
– Fixed an issue where wireless password settings didn’t seem to be
saved on the wireless settings page after rebooting the camera. In
reality, the settings would be saved, but this was not indicated on
the display page. This has been fixed.
– Changed the interval of alarm images to 1 second.
– Fixed an issue where the playback speed of recordings was not
synchronized, video would playback much faster than normal. This has
– Fixed a bug where camera settings could be seen when logging in as
a visitor or operator if the plug-in was not installed.
– Fixed an issue where iOS mail servers could not receive or see alarm
– Fixed a bug where the OSD on alarm images would not change.
– Fixed a bug where FTP connections were not being closed after uploading
images, causing multiple open connections on the FTP server.
– Several grammar and spelling issues have been fixed.
– Fixed an issue where VLC player could not play recordings.
– Improved the algorithm for motion detection, which should reduce false alarms.
– Fixed a bug where configuration files would not change even when setting
the recording path manually.
– Removed the default operator and visitor accounts for security purposes.
– Improved sensitivity in detecting smaller objects when selecting the
alarm detection area.
– Fixed a bug where users on Mac OS 10.8 were not able to select an
alarm detection area in Safari.
New Features / Issues Being Addressed:
– Adjusting the level of sound when using audio. This feature will be
implemented in firmware updates by March/April.
– NVR/NAS support, as well as RTSP support. Implementing RTSP will
allow for NVR support, this feature has been confirmed to be added in
firmware updates by March/April.
– Inverting Pan/Tilt when mirroring or flipping the image. This is a
priority and will also be implemented in the next firmware update by March/April.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at
Email: email@example.com ‘ firstname.lastname@example.org ‘ email@example.com
US Toll Free: 1-800 930 0949
US/Canada Sales: (+1) 713 893 7869
US/Canada Support: (+1) 713 893 7866
UK Sales/Support: (+44) 020 8816 7860
The Team at Foscam.us