I have taken the time to explain the Foscam Wireless IP Camera setup instructions in language that is clear and understable and which includes a step-by-step tutorial on how to setup your wireless router. After this you should continue on to the Wireless Setup Guide to make your Foscam IP Camera Wireless. And then continue on to the Port Forwarding Guide to view your camera live on the internet from anywhere in the world.
Setting up the Camera. What do you need?
1) Your Foscam IP Camera
2) DC Power Supply
3) Ethernet network cable (RJ-45)
4) Wireless Router
5) Cable/DSL Modem with live Internet Connection
7) IP Camera Tools Software – comes on the CD or available at our website under the “Tools & Support” section.
Step-by-Step Installation Instructions:
Step 1.) Plug the ethernet cable into your Foscam IP Camera and then into your Wireless Router.
Step 2.) Plug the power cable into the camera and then into the power outlet. Wait 45 seconds. The green LED should go on and the camera will start to rotate around and then come to a rest.
Step 3.) Install “IP Camera Tools” on your computer by double clicking on IPCamSetup.exe on the included CD or by downloading it from our website at www.foscam.us on the Tools & Support page. Also, please note that if you are running a Wifi 802.11/n wireless router then you will be
required to make sure your router settings are changed to 802.11/bg.)
Step 4.) Once IP Camera Tools is installed, double click the icon on the desktop to open it up.
Step 5.) One of three things will happen:
I) Ideally, your camera should appear in the IP Camera Tools window and have an IP address assigned to it. It will look something similar to “Anonymous Http://192…..”. If this happens immediately go to Step 6;
II) The second best sitatuation would be for the screen to say “Anonymous Subnet doesn’t match, dbclick to change!” If this happens just follow the prompt and double click on the words. The quick fix is to check the box “Obtain IP from DHCP server” and click “OK”, then close the IP Camera Tool program, wait 30 seconds, re-open it and your camera should appear. If that works go on to Step 6; if not;
- Find out your subnet mask in Windows by clicking Start > Select or type “Run” into the text field and press “enter” > type “Cmd” and “enter” > Type the words “ipconfig” and press enter.
- You will see “Subnet Mask………255.255.255.0″ or a similar number towards the top.
- Copy that number into the “Subnet Mask” field in the IP Tools Network Configuration menu after you double click “Anonymous Subnet doesn’t match, dbclick to change!.”
- Restart IP Camera Tool program and the camera should appear in the window – Goto Step 7. [Please be sure to wait a full 45 seconds for the camera to properly restart before expecting it to reappear each time settings are changed. (If you are still failing here give me a call, you may need a replacement).]
Step 6.) Double click on your camera in IP Tools to open it, or copy the address “http://192…” into any browser or your iphone!
Step 7.) Once you get to the login page, enter username: “admin” and password: ” ” (i.e., leave password blank). Click “Login”. Please note that there are two “Login” buttons and if you are using Firefox or Google Chrome you need to press the second “Login” button.
Step 8.) Once you are in and can view the camera, you are ready to take it wireless. Please continue on to Guide to Setting Up Your Foscam FI8908W Wirelessly
Get the FI8908W wireless pan/tilt indoor IP Camera today! Click here
It’s great for home/office security as well as an Iphone 3G remote baby/child monitor