Setting up IE on Windows 7 to View the Foscam FI8908W Wireless Camera – Enabling the ActiveX Control Module
Some people have been having trouble accessing their Foscam Wireless IP Camera using Windows 7 and IE. If you are running Windows 7 and are having trouble installing the Active X Control Module with Internet Explorer, you are probably getting an error related to the “DVM_IPCAM2 ActiveX Control Module” which states “Windows has blocked this software because it can’t verify the publisher.” If this is happening to you then you can fix it by changing your iE Internet Options as instructed here:
1) Open internet explorer, click Tools –> Internet Options.
2) Click the Security tab –> Custom Level button.
Under ActiveX ensure the following are set to enabled:
-Run ActiveX and plug-ins – Enabled
-Download Signed ActiveX Control – Enabled
-Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting – Enabled
Set the following to “Prompt”:
Download unsigned ActiveX Control – Prompt
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not mark as safe – Prompt
Click OK and Apply and OK. Restart the browser.
If your using Internet Explorer 8 or 9, please do the following:
1. Open Intenet Explorer 9 -> click tools -> Internet Options
2. Click on the Advanced tab -> find Security section
3. Enable (check) allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid