Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.


MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby clarkwd » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:11 pm

redcaesar wrote:Anyone have measurements of the connector from ergpower.com?

H3605460F http://ergpower.com/web-store.html

The ERG drawing of the harness is at this link
http://ergpower.com/pdf30/H3605_0%20Model%20%281%29.pdf
The drawing calls out a Molex 51021-0500.
The Molex datasheet for the connector housing is at this link
http://www.molex.com/molex/products/dat ... l=Products

I found this connector to exactly fit the connector on the camera. I successfully flashed my 8904W with Don's instructions using this harness to connect to the camera.

Its good to have you back Don. Wishes for a speedy recovery.
Bill
clarkwd
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:39 am

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby redcaesar » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:35 am

Looks like mine is too big.. But some good news ]digi-key has a Canada office so found parts there. Don't know why they didn't tell me this when I called and inqured about other shipping options...

Thanks you everyone for all the help hope to flash my cameras next week.

Don wishing you a speedy recovery as well. May your bruises and your bones heal quickly!
redcaesar
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:04 am

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby wildbilll » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:31 am

I've read through this entire thread, and I have a question on how to tell I have the correct camera sensor. I took the circuit board assembly out of the front of the FI8906W, I can see it has a V399 chip, I don't see any markings for the camera sensor, I did take the board with the V399 chip off to see if there were markings on the other side.

Also, I would like the files for the DSP upgrade as I have several of these 8905, 8906, 8910W that are giving me fits on a daily basis with the symptoms described in this thread.
I don't have the ability to PM anyone yet.

Thanks for everyone's work in this matter.
wildbilll
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:59 am

wildbilll wrote:I've read through this entire thread, and I have a question on how to tell I have the correct camera sensor. I took the circuit board assembly out of the front of the FI8906W, I can see it has a V399 chip, I don't see any markings for the camera sensor, I did take the board with the V399 chip off to see if there were markings on the other side.

Also, I would like the files for the DSP upgrade as I have several of these 8905, 8906, 8910W that are giving me fits on a daily basis with the symptoms described in this thread.
I don't have the ability to PM anyone yet.

Thanks for everyone's work in this matter.

By your camera having the V399 DSP chip. Your camera has the potential to exhibit this issue, when your camera is exposed to the circumstances that cause this issue. The V399 DSP chip is the important factor. This all said. If your camera does NOT have any of the symptoms related to this issue. It's possible that your camera already has updated DSP firmware for the V399 chip.

Note: One of the major reasons of trying to keep a single source of the instructions vs. many, is that it could be VERY possible, that in the near future. There could be a BETTER DSP firmware version installed. If this were to happen. One would want the MOST current available DSP firmware when using any DIY ("Do It Yourself") DSP upgrade method.

Whereas, if someone were to use older versions of the instructions, their cameras may not have the best video/image quality available to them. Additionally, current rumor has it, that there are multiple "Flavors" of DSP firmware that could be installed. This means, that maybe, and I stress the word "Maybe". That those that spent the time to use DIY methods, may, in the future, have the ability of choice of DSP video/image processing.


Sent the instructions, via PM ("Private Message") in the Forum.

Don
TheUberOverLord
 
Posts: 13110
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby wildbilll » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks for the zip file.
I am still unsure if I have the OV774 sensor. How do I tell?
Or is it that it must have the OV7440 since it has the V399 DSP?
I don't want to flash if this is a critical issue.

Yes, my symptoms are as described here. At first I was unsure what was going on, but after reading this thread, I have been able to observe the symptoms match.

Example: I have 4 of these FI8906W's installed at one location.
All worked great wirelessly for several days. Then one of them started freezing/crashing/becoming unresponsive without a power cycle.
I traded the cameras around and no matter which camera was in that particular location it would do the freeze up. As the cameras were in the other spots, they always worked fine.
I decided it was a wireless issue, so I wired it to the router, that was no small task.
It made no difference, the bright sun seemed to trigger the failure.
After reading this thread, I pointed the camera a different direction and that seems to have stopped the failures. It appears the sunlight reflecting off of the side of a light colored house next door was the problem. Now the camera can't see that surface anymore.

At another location, I have a couple of these cameras pointed at things that have white vinyl siding. The sun reflections are so bright it washes out any detail of the siding course, it is just one big white area.
The cameras will randomly freeze there also. I have tried wired and wireless, this makes no difference. I turned down the brightness to a 4 and this seems to have improved the situation.

I will purchase the harness discussed here and splice it to a nice usb cable I have.

All I really need now is for someone to clarify the OV7740 identification issue.
wildbilll
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby Pinan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:37 pm

rich_r wrote:I ordered the connector discussed in this thread. There was an earlier post that did not find but these two indicate the connector makes it easier to build the USB cable and it fits both outdoor and indoor models (just don't use pin 1 and pin 7 -- since it is a 5 pin molex connector).

Thank you for pointing out that the 5 pin connector could be used in the 7 pin plug (doh!). I had ordered the 5 pin and when I received it I was disappointed that I (thought) could not use it. After reading your post I simply shaved off the little "locking bumps" and then it slid right into the 7 pin plug. All went well.

Thank you!
Pinan
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:50 pm

wildbilll wrote:Thanks for the zip file.
I am still unsure if I have the OV774 sensor. How do I tell?
Or is it that it must have the OV7440 since it has the V399 DSP?
I don't want to flash if this is a critical issue.

Yes, my symptoms are as described here. At first I was unsure what was going on, but after reading this thread, I have been able to observe the symptoms match.

Example: I have 4 of these FI8906W's installed at one location.
All worked great wirelessly for several days. Then one of them started freezing/crashing/becoming unresponsive without a power cycle.
I traded the cameras around and no matter which camera was in that particular location it would do the freeze up. As the cameras were in the other spots, they always worked fine.
I decided it was a wireless issue, so I wired it to the router, that was no small task.
It made no difference, the bright sun seemed to trigger the failure.
After reading this thread, I pointed the camera a different direction and that seems to have stopped the failures. It appears the sunlight reflecting off of the side of a light colored house next door was the problem. Now the camera can't see that surface anymore.

At another location, I have a couple of these cameras pointed at things that have white vinyl siding. The sun reflections are so bright it washes out any detail of the siding course, it is just one big white area.
The cameras will randomly freeze there also. I have tried wired and wireless, this makes no difference. I turned down the brightness to a 4 and this seems to have improved the situation.

I will purchase the harness discussed here and splice it to a nice usb cable I have.

All I really need now is for someone to clarify the OV7740 identification issue.

Please do NOT worry about the camera sensor, if you can see the V399 DSP chip and your MJPEG based camera, has these symptoms and you purchased your camera after November of 2012.

Don
TheUberOverLord
 
Posts: 13110
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby Inssomniak » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Can I have the link for fix?

I just bought a 8905e and it did t have latest firmware. From foscam Canada. It's likely to suffer issue? It has frozen up on me twice just with testing.
Inssomniak
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby Null Packet » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:22 pm

I have 4 8905e cameras and two have exhibited the reboot issue. I suspect the other two have the bug however they typically look at more shadowed areas. Don, please forward the zip file to me. Many thanks and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Null Packet
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:26 am

Inssomniak wrote:Can I have the link for fix?

I just bought a 8905e and it did t have latest firmware. From foscam Canada. It's likely to suffer issue? It has frozen up on me twice just with testing.

Sent via PM ("Private Message") in the Forum.

Don
TheUberOverLord
 
Posts: 13110
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests