Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Blinking Lights

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Blinking Lights

Postby sinerge » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Set up a F18910W wirelessly and it was working perfect for a about a week then I noticed the IR lights, the red light in the back and the green light on the power adapter were flashing and I could not access the camera on my phone anymore.

I unpluged it and pluged it back in but same story. I pluged it into a power strip in my office and then it worked perfect again but when I tried to plug it back into the wall outlet of the room it was in and even another outlet in that room I get the flashing lights.

Anyone know the deal with the schizo cam? Thanks!
sinerge

Re: Blinking Lights

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:17 am

sinerge wrote:Set up a F18910W wirelessly and it was working perfect for a about a week then I noticed the IR lights, the red light in the back and the green light on the power adapter were flashing and I could not access the camera on my phone anymore.

I unpluged it and pluged it back in but same story. I pluged it into a power strip in my office and then it worked perfect again but when I tried to plug it back into the wall outlet of the room it was in and even another outlet in that room I get the flashing lights.

Anyone know the deal with the schizo cam? Thanks!

How far is the camera away from the Router/AP where you are having trouble?

How many obstacles are between the camera and the Router/AP?

Also, please see these:

reboot-problems-a-solution-t2440.html?hilit=contention#p10558

fi8910w-wireless-speed-t2681.html#p12041

Don
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby sinerge » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks for the response. The cam was only about 10' away in the next room from the office which has my network equipment. Additionally, I plugged it back into my office power strip, which I mentioned in my inital post had just worked but now it's flashing now too. Very strange. I guess I'll put it through to Foscam tech support. Thanks.
sinerge

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:18 pm

sinerge wrote:Thanks for the response. The cam was only about 10' away in the next room from the office which has my network equipment. Additionally, I plugged it back into my office power strip, which I mentioned in my inital post had just worked but now it's flashing now too. Very strange. I guess I'll put it through to Foscam tech support. Thanks.

Could you have some sort of ground fault issue with power in that other room?

Don
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby messiahxi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Did you ever get this resolved? I just moved my camera from one outlet to another and it won't stop flashing :(
messiahxi

Return to Technical Support