Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.


Can't connect over Mobile Network

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby jrp1311 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:12 am

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue connecting to my cam over my mobile network via the Foscam Viewer app. My camera is connected to my home wifi network, and when I'm signed in to my wifi connection on my phone, I can connect to the camera no problem. However when I turn my phone's wifi off and go with my mobile data connection, I get a "Login Fail: Connect Fail" message.

Any help you can provide me on this would be appreciated. I do have the "Only Connect in WiFi Network" turned off in the app.
jrp1311
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:07 am

Re: Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby jrp1311 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Can anyone provide assistance? I have a 2Wire router and have gone through the necessary steps for port forwarding. However, I still cannot connect through my mobile network, or through the browser.
jrp1311
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:07 am

Re: Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:24 pm

What is the brand, model and version of your ISP equipment?

1. Do you have any Ethernet or wireless Router/APs, bridges, extenders, switches behind this 2-wire router, in your local network?

Don
TheUberOverLord
 
Posts: 13110
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby jrp1311 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Hey Don,

Well, I was finally able to connect to the cam via different browsers, including using my data connection on my phone.

My issue now is that I have to use Dolphin Browser to connect while on my phone, as I'm unable to connect to it via the Foscam app, nor any other IP app.

Any idea as to why? I feel as though I've followed the app instructions to the T.
jrp1311
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:07 am

Re: Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:08 pm

jrp1311 wrote:Hey Don,

Well, I was finally able to connect to the cam via different browsers, including using my data connection on my phone.

My issue now is that I have to use Dolphin Browser to connect while on my phone, as I'm unable to connect to it via the Foscam app, nor any other IP app.

Any idea as to why? I feel as though I've followed the app instructions to the T.

Still having no idea about what camera model(s) you have. Please check the "View Cameras On ANY Device" links in my signature, in this post. Based on what camera type you have.

Don
TheUberOverLord
 
Posts: 13110
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby david112 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:56 pm

jrp1311 wrote:Hey guys,

I'm having an issue connecting to my cam over my mobile network via the Foscam Viewer app. My camera is connected to my home wifi network, and when I'm signed in to my wifi connection on my phone, I can connect to the camera no problem. However when I turn my phone's wifi off and go with my mobile data connection, I get a "Login Fail: Connect Fail" message.

Any help you can provide me on this would be appreciated. I do have the "Only Connect in WiFi Network" turned off in the app.


If you use the mobile data connection, your camera and your phone is not in the same network. In that case, you will not be able to access the camera with LAN IP + Port. You need input WAN IP and port of in the APP to access the camera when using mobile data connection.
david112
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:35 am

Re: Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby jrp1311 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:18 am

Hey guys,

I have a the FI8910W model.

Still no go on the apps. I put the WAN IP address in and I include the port number when asked. It attempts to connect but I always get a disconnect message.

I have no problem now viewing over the internet, however I still cannot get the app to work.
jrp1311
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:07 am

Re: Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby dynamic714 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:06 pm

I am having the same exact issue.

Were you able to get this resolved? If so, what steps did you take to resolve it?

Thank you
dynamic714
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Re: Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:19 pm

jrp1311 wrote:Hey guys,

I have a the FI8910W model.

Still no go on the apps. I put the WAN IP address in and I include the port number when asked. It attempts to connect but I always get a disconnect message.

I have no problem now viewing over the internet, however I still cannot get the app to work.

The standard camera interface that comes with the camera will NOT work well on mobile devices for MJPEG or H.264 based cameras.

If you look in my signature. There are links for free Interfaces that do work in ALL browsers for all devices.

There are other third-party applications that also work on mobile devices that may have some costs. Foscam also supplies some apps for mobile phones for free as well:

http://www.foscam.com/down5.aspx

Don
TheUberOverLord
 
Posts: 13110
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Can't connect over Mobile Network

Postby ALEX_IS » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:40 am

Hello,

I have the same problem!
I have model 8910W. I have tested several app from play store eg Foscam viewer , Foscam lite and still the same problem!
When i open the app in my mobile(android samsung) using wifi of eg a bar the app is working and i can that the camera is working, but when i close the wifi and use mobile internet from my phone i see a black screen!

Can someone help me?
ALEX_IS
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Next

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests