Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Cannot Access Camera Outside Home Network

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Cannot Access Camera Outside Home Network

Postby terri8502 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi all, I see many topics on this but I don't see a solution that fits my situation. I have the F18910W... I have it on port 85. I have port forwarding set up (I do not have access to my router so had to depend on my ISP to do it), I opened port 85 on my firewall and when I do a port scan it shows as open. I booted the router and the PC, and have tried using IE and Chrome, but just keep getting the message the page cannot be displayed. I have tried my IP address and port combo and the foscam.org page. Any help is greatly appreciated. Do I have to do something to send a stream to Foscam?
terri8502

Re: Cannot Access Camera Outside Home Network

Postby New Users » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:26 pm

I have to say I'm pretty close to sending the product back for a refund.

I have a PhD but I'm not an IT professional. I use the UK's most common broadband provider. I can't make it work after 3 hours efforts to port forward.

Hardly plug and play is it?

But for £30 I could get someone from Foscam to thrash about for a few minutes and then tell me to call my ISP. No thanks.
New Users

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:03 pm

terri8502 wrote:Hi all, I see many topics on this but I don't see a solution that fits my situation. I have the F18910W... I have it on port 85. I have port forwarding set up (I do not have access to my router so had to depend on my ISP to do it), I opened port 85 on my firewall and when I do a port scan it shows as open. I booted the router and the PC, and have tried using IE and Chrome, but just keep getting the message the page cannot be displayed. I have tried my IP address and port combo and the foscam.org page. Any help is greatly appreciated. Do I have to do something to send a stream to Foscam?

How are you trying to access the camera?

Try using your current ISP IP Address and port for the camera.

You can get your current ISP IP Address from within your local network by going here:

http://myipaddress.com

Then using the returned IP Address, from a browser do:

http://ReturnedIpAddreess:PortForCamera

What happens?

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:07 pm

New Users wrote:I have to say I'm pretty close to sending the product back for a refund.

I have a PhD but I'm not an IT professional. I use the UK's most common broadband provider. I can't make it work after 3 hours efforts to port forward.

Hardly plug and play is it?

But for £30 I could get someone from Foscam to thrash about for a few minutes and then tell me to call my ISP. No thanks.

1. What is the Router/AP or Modem you have. Make and model?

2. Is it ISP equipment only, without you having as an example another Router/AP attached to it? If not, what is the make and model of your Router/AP equipment as well.

3. What is the camera model.

While I understand your frustration, some levels of detail are helpful. Without them, it's virtually impossible to make good suggestions for what to do.

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby terri8502 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi Don,

Thank you for your reply.

I have an ARRIS TG852 Modem provided by Brighthouse. It gives me my Internet, telephone, and wireless services. I do no have an additional router. I also cannot access this one, but the technician from Brighthouse set up the port forwarding and he sounded like he knew what he was doing.

When I use IE or Chrome and try to get to either myip:port or the foscam page I get "Page cannot be displayed".

I have seen mention of log files, but cannot find those. I have a 32Bit Windows 7 operating system.

Any assistance is appreciated.

thanks
terri
terri8502

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

terri8502 wrote:Hi Don,

Thank you for your reply.

I have an ARRIS TG852 Modem provided by Brighthouse. It gives me my Internet, telephone, and wireless services. I do no have an additional router. I also cannot access this one, but the technician from Brighthouse set up the port forwarding and he sounded like he knew what he was doing.

When I use IE or Chrome and try to get to either myip:port or the foscam page I get "Page cannot be displayed".

I have seen mention of log files, but cannot find those. I have a 32Bit Windows 7 operating system.

Any assistance is appreciated.

thanks
terri

Please try doing this.

Get your current ISP IP Address from within your local network, by going here:

http://myipaddress.com

Using the returned IP Address do:

http://ReturnedIpAddress:PortForCamera

What happens?

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby terri8502 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:55 am

Hi, Thanks again for your reply.

When I try to access the camera using http://myoutsideipaddress:port in IE "I get Page Not Found" and in Chrome I get "Chrome could not connect".

terri
terri8502

Postby terri8502 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:34 am

Hi Don,

I am using the myipaddress.com link you provided, and I am assuming that is my external ip address I am getting back, not my internal one. I used ipconfig from a command prompt and got what I think is my internal ip address and tried it with the port and it did not work, however, I can access the camera internally using the ip address assigned to it (along with the port).

I hope I am providing the information you wanted.

terri
terri8502

Postby FOSCAM » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:52 am

terri8502 wrote:Hi Don,

I am using the myipaddress.com link you provided, and I am assuming that is my external ip address I am getting back, not my internal one. I used ipconfig from a command prompt and got what I think is my internal ip address and tried it with the port and it did not work, however, I can access the camera internally using the ip address assigned to it (along with the port).

I hope I am providing the information you wanted.

terri

Hi terri8502,

So you did not successfully forward your port 85 on your router.
1. Please double check if the ARRIS TG852 Modem provided by Brighthouse can function as a router or not.
2. What brand is your additional router?
FOSCAM

Postby terri8502 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:39 am

Hi Don,

I don't have any other router or device on my system, just the ARRIS. I actually managed to get into it and am attaching a copy of the settings on it. The camera book says to set the Port Trigger or Virtual Server, and that is done on Virtual Server. But, it looks like I also have Port Trigger, should that be set? Any assistance is appreciated. Hope the upload works.

terri
Attachments
porttrigger.jpg
porttrigger.jpg (85.27 KiB) Viewed 5124 times
virtualserver.jpg
virtualserver.jpg (91.84 KiB) Viewed 5124 times
terri8502

Next

Return to Technical Support