Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Compatible DVR-PLEASE!!

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Compatible DVR-PLEASE!!

Postby cmoraes » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 pm

I find it surprising that I could not find a list of compatible DVRs and comments on how well they work. Liam, you should know something about this. I am sure there are tons of people like me that are getting tired of erasing 1000 emails a day because of light and shadow changes and would like to get a 24 hours recording on a DVR.

I am interested in a not expensive model, for up to 4 F18918W cameras. EBay has some nice ones (link below), with 500GB HHD for around $160-180. However, I have no idea if they will work with the Foscam, or if there are better choices.

Many thanks for any input.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standalone-4CH- ... 256b169f32
cmoraes

Re: Compatible DVR-PLEASE!!

Postby pete01 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 pm

To record my Foscams I use a Synology DS211j with 2 500GB drives. I record the cameras 24/7 and archive the footage from each camera for 30 days. The Synology NAS has been running with the same drives for over a year now. I can view the images live from their iPhone app, and search for 'events' using IE. I wrote a review of the program, and the link is in my signature.

Other options would be something like Blue Iris which installs on a PC and records, or possibly QNAP - I think they support Foscam.
pete01

Postby cmoraes » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks Pete,

So you think a software+regular PC with extra drives is the way to go...rather than a DVR with whatever system they have?

I have only Macs. DO you know if the system you mentioned work with Macs?

Thanks again
cmoraes

Postby pete01 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:22 am

I believe the synology network drives work with macs, but blue iris is a windows only program.

Foscams are fairly low resolution, so even a small netbook would probably be good enough for 1-3 cameras.
pete01

Postby cmoraes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:27 pm

I just downloaded the EvoCam4 . It works only with Macs and it is recording fine in my work computer (DynDNS web access to the cameras) :D
cmoraes

Postby HROC65 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Pete01: Do u have a link on how to setup the Synology DS211j with 2 500GB drives to work with my Foscam F18918W? That sounds like the same hookup I need .thank you. :mrgreen:
HROC65

Postby CDNinHH » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:11 am

The problem with Synology (and many others) is the license issue. I find it incomprehensible that you buy a Synology NVR and then have to pay an exorbitant amount for extra "licenses" to record your own cameras on your own network!!!

Foscam has just announced that they are getting ONVIF compliant and there is a company called IPCORDER that makes some very nice NVR's. Just as soon as Foscam gets the 8910 on the ONVIF list that is the unit I will be buying to record my 6 cameras.
CDNinHH

Return to General Discussion