Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

We, Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies), are an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. However, we are deeply saddened to report that, even after all of this, our overseas suppliers have decided to undercut us and supply to our major customers directly. For this reason, we have no choice but to suspend telephone support for all Foscam branded products. If you have purchased a Foscam camera directly from us or from one of our authorized retailers, technical support is still available via email at support@foscam.us.

For customers who have not purchased from us directly, we advise you to please contact Foscam Shenzhen or the distributor which you have purchased from. In the meantime, we have launched our own new brand of IP cameras called Amcrest, which has superior quality products and full telephone technical support 7 days per week. We hope you can support us in our new venture. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com.

default admin password

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

default admin password

Postby deiter1977 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:17 am

Hi there,

I just purchased and installed two FI8904W's. I found the product relatively easy to set up - so far I've got port forwarding/DNS stuff done for remote access. I also found a free iPhone app for mobile viewing. Just one problem...

I downloaded the "Super-Client Software for MJPEG cameras" (Win7 version), and then when I started up the software, I was prompted for an admin password. Leaving it blank doesn't work. Using "password" doesn't work. Can anyone tell me what default password to use? Thanks!

deiter1977
deiter1977

Re: default admin password

Postby Henk » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:59 am

standard is :
Username : admin
password : blank

gr henk
Henk

Postby FOSCAM » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 am

Default for camera:
user:admin
password:blank

Default for super-client software:
user:admin
password:admin
FOSCAM

Postby Sofpac » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Blank and admin aren't working as passwords. What next?
Sofpac

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Sofpac wrote:Blank and admin aren't working as passwords. What next?

Please try using the reset button on the bottom of the camera ("You can use a bent paperclip to do this if needed") or for outdoor camera models please use the reset button on the wiring harness. Holding it down for 20 seconds, while the camera is powered on.

Afterwards, you will need to connect your camera to your Router/AP using a Ethernet cable. Because the camera will be set to factory defaults, as if it just came out of the box. So you will need to completely reconfigure the camera as well.

Default user: admin
Default password: blank/none/empty

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby Sofpac » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Hitting the reset didn't do anything. What next?
Sofpac

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Sofpac wrote:Hitting the reset didn't do anything. What next?

Please contact your seller to see how they say to proceed. Since you have tried all the known methods. If your seller is Foscam.us, please see this:

http://foscam.us/contactus.html

Don
TheUberOverLord

Re: default admin password - does this crap work on Windows

Postby enewbold » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:36 pm

I have the same dumb (and unnecessary) problem: the "blank" password flat doesn't work. Why in the world can't these ridiculous companies test their software before selling it to us! :evil:
enewbold

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:06 pm

TheUberOverLord

Postby griffn1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:33 pm

i just got this same problem out of the blue.

try "ADMIN" all caps, that got me in.

I know for a fact i did not set that as my password so I'm thinking maybe it's some sort of fall back default?

hope that helps someone, took me 45 minutes of guessing to figure it out.
griffn1

Return to Technical Support