Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

DVM_IPCam2.ocx IE problem

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

DVM_IPCam2.ocx IE problem

Postby starbikes » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:06 am

I have 4 cameras of the same module (FI8918W).

3 of them are with these details:
var sys_ver='11.22.2.36';
var app_ver='2.4.18.16';

the latest camera is:
var sys_ver='11.22.2.38';
var app_ver='2.4.18.17';

With the first 3 i have no problems - but i can not log into the 4th with IE (only with Chrome).
I get this an Error message (attched file).

I tried disabeling several security features in IE to allow installation of Active X components and so on but with no luck.

Please help...
Attachments
Foscam.JPG
Error
Foscam.JPG (19.6 KiB) Viewed 9403 times
starbikes

Re: DVM_IPCam2.ocx IE problem

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:18 am

starbikes wrote:I have 4 cameras of the same module (FI8918W).

3 of them are with these details:
var sys_ver='11.22.2.36';
var app_ver='2.4.18.16';

the latest camera is:
var sys_ver='11.22.2.38';
var app_ver='2.4.18.17';

With the first 3 i have no problems - but i can not log into the 4th with IE (only with Chrome).
I get this an Error message (attched file).

I tried disabeling several security features in IE to allow installation of Active X components and so on but with no luck.

Please help...

You could resolve this by following these instructions at the link below now, but you very well may want to hold off doing this, until you do the other things listed here first:

http://foscam.us/blog/foscamipcameras/setting-up-ie-on-windows-7-to-view-the-foscam-fi8908w-wireless-camera-enabling-the-activex-control-module/

All 4 of your FI8918W cameras, are NOT on the latest versions of firmware.

The first two sets of digits of the system firmware", actually denote what ("Hardware Version") of the camera, your camera is. Since in many cases there is more than one hardware version, of the exact same camera model.

If you install the ("wrong") firmware, say FI8918W firmware for the "11.37" version on/in the FI8918W "11.22" version, you can lockup ("Known as 'Brick'") the camera, because it instantly will turn your camera into a brick ("Something that has no ability to provide dynamic functions"), forever, and it will never function again.

Please be very careful and make sure you are using your Foscam Model Number for the camera, there are firmware versions for different Foscam Models that have the SAME firmware version numbers.

Currently, all your FI8918W cameras are the same ("Hardware Version"). "11.22". So you only need to download the 1 new firmware version, and then use those files downloaded, to update all 4 FI8918W cameras.

Never upgrade firmware, without being connected via Ethernet ("Hardwired") to the camera and do not turn the camera off, while upgrading.

Please upgrade both the system and WebUI firmware, system firmware first, then WebUI firmware.

The version you want is: 11.22.2.46(2.4.18.18.001) for the FI8918W not any other listed camera there.

Note: Please only dowload the version listed above for your cameras, there are other versions on the page here, that are NOT the same version of your camera as well as other cameras.

http://foscam.us/firmware5.html

Once you do this, for all 4 cameras, your cameras will all have the most current firmware as well as all be using the same version of "DVM_IPCam2.ocx", which they are not doing today.

If you encounter a .ocx issue, the first time accessing a camera after upgrading the firmware, for all 4 cameras. You can use the link at the top of the post, to resolve that quickly.

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby mngpao » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:44 pm

I get the same error message. I have only 1 camera (FI8910W).
I just unpacked it and followed the installation instructions, verified
the data from the IP Camera Tool, double clicked on the IP address, logged on as admin and that message "Windows has found a problem with this file" DVM_IPCam2.ocx "Unknow Publisher" becasue it doesn't have a valid digital signature. I have not applied any updates. I've searched the web and it seems like many people have been getting this message for quite a while. Can't your software be changed to avoid this problem.

What must I do to get this working?
mngpao

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm

mngpao wrote:I get the same error message. I have only 1 camera (FI8910W).
I just unpacked it and followed the installation instructions, verified
the data from the IP Camera Tool, double clicked on the IP address, logged on as admin and that message "Windows has found a problem with this file" DVM_IPCam2.ocx "Unknow Publisher" becasue it doesn't have a valid digital signature. I have not applied any updates. I've searched the web and it seems like many people have been getting this message for quite a while. Can't your software be changed to avoid this problem.

What must I do to get this working?

Your issue is not 100 percent the same, your issue, is a only a security issue.

Please see this:

http://foscam.us/blog/foscamipcameras/setting-up-ie-on-windows-7-to-view-the-foscam-fi8908w-wireless-camera-enabling-the-activex-control-module/

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby mngpao » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:34 pm

The IE changes allowed the ActiveX to install and all is now working.
Thanks
mngpao

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:37 pm

mngpao wrote:The IE changes allowed the ActiveX to install and all is now working.
Thanks

You are very welcome, glad to help.

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Return to Technical Support