Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Eventghost+Foscam: video recording, phone,Automation, remote

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: New free app with phone control, Automation scripts etc

Postby mnsweeps » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 am

OP

Ignore my previous posts... So I installed eventghost on my windows 7 laptop. Its started fine and all setup looks good for foscam setup.

I configured the IP too.. Then I tested the PATROL by using the TEST button. I see this error in the event log on the left panel. The error says minute value should be between 0 .. 59. I have setup my interval to 10 and then tried 12 and even 59. No matter what I do i get this error. are the functions returning wrong values on WIN 7?

Exception in thread Thread-7:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File "threading.pyc", line 484, in run
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Foscam\__init__.py", line 289, in LoopPatrolling
self.patrolEndTime = datetime.now().replace(minute = datetime.now().minute + maxTime, second = datetime.now().second)
ValueError: minute must be in 0..59
mnsweeps

Postby Daf » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:16 am

mnsweeps, it's my bad. I've just uploaded a new version to correct this problem (same link than before). If you don't want to lose your custom settings, you should only overwrite the "plugin" folder from the new zip.

I'm running all this with Windows Seven as well.
Daf

Postby Daf » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:59 pm

New release (still the same link).

What's new :

* Video recording, codec and bitrate can be tuned (save folder as well).
* Foscam user password is now hidden
* VLC is now properly closed (VLC was killed on the previous version)

Please forget your old eventghost xml file and use the new one (in the zip file).

Daf

Postby mnsweeps » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Daf

I haven't had a chance lately to try the new one..too busy at work. I will let you know incoming days..
mnsweeps

Postby O-Zone » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 am

If you Android app was compatible with FI8904W/FI8905W, i'm very happy to test it !

Michele
O-Zone

Postby Daf » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:50 pm

It looks like the FI8905 shares the same API. The easier is to test my plugin and give us a feedback.

This SDK seems to be shared by all foscam cams, but maybe I'm wrong.

http://www.banze.net/phpmyfaq/Handbuch7links.htm
Daf

Re: Eventghost + Foscam : new features, phone, Automation, V

Postby Daf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:49 am

Incoming :

* Video recording improvements, because vlc sometimes fails while recording (I found a workaround). Real stealth recording mode. Now each recording task can be tuned (codec, bitrate, audio, etc.)

Later :

* Motion detection

Maybe one day :

* Motion tracking
Daf

Re: Eventghost+Foscam: video recording, phone,Automation, re

Postby Jason Fly » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:49 am

Hello,

I also would like to beta test your plugin

1) I have 5 Heden VisonCam cameras.
I try to use 2 plugins Foscam. #1 for cam 1, #2 for cam 2.

It creates 2 entries in EventGhost Foscam & Foscam#2
I put a different directory for Foscam Snapshot & Foscam#2 snapshot
I click the 2 TEST buttons
It starts to put snapshots in the 2 different directories BUT all the photos comes from the same webcam !!!
Jason Fly

Re: Eventghost+Foscam: video recording, phone,Automation, re

Postby Daf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:46 am

Hello,

You are the first who tests multiple Foscams. I've just found what's wrong. I'll release a new version soon.
Daf

New version!

Postby Daf » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:11 am

Hello,

Here is a new version with new features.

* Video recording improvements, because vlc sometimes fails while recording (I found a workaround). Real stealth recording mode. Now each recording task can be tuned (codec, bitrate, audio, etc.). Video recording
* Video broadcast (beta) : the last record can be streamed using RTSP protocol (on android devices, you can use the lightweight Doga Player to show the stream). Broadcast is not really smooth nor nice, I'm still working on it.
* VLC use has changed : now you must add the VLC plugin in your configuration ("VLC plugin" is already packaged within Eventghost, you just need to ad it to your configuration, two clicks needed). An explicit message will show in the log if you forget to add VLC plugin.
* Global code cleaning, debug logging is now optional.
* Multiple cameras now works.

Here is a new "ini.py" file, overwrite the old one :

http://pastebin.com/N923ajZ3

Beware : you can't use your old xml configuration file (you'll get an error when starting eventghost). You have to start a new one. When re-adding the Foscam plugin, Eventghost will propose you to make a new folder and automatically create Foscam macros.

From now, the code is rather stable, in the future I'll do my best to let you keep your previous xml config when updating my Foscam Plugin. A nice zip package will come later.
Daf

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion