Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

F18910W Firmware

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

F18910W Firmware

Postby AndyWeg » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Hello all,
First post here... I just received my new F18910W which was purchased from amazon.com. I wanted to ensure that my device had the latest firmware. I checked the camera via the IP tool and found that my camera has firmware version 11.37.2.48. The latest available firmware on the website is 11.37.2.46. I have searched, but cannot find any reference to my currently loaded firmware. Numerically, mine would seem newer... but stranger things have happened. Can anyone kindly shed some light on this? Thanks.
-Andy
AndyWeg

Re: F18910W Firmware

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm

AndyWeg wrote:Hello all,
First post here... I just received my new F18910W which was purchased from amazon.com. I wanted to ensure that my device had the latest firmware. I checked the camera via the IP tool and found that my camera has firmware version 11.37.2.48. The latest available firmware on the website is 11.37.2.46. I have searched, but cannot find any reference to my currently loaded firmware. Numerically, mine would seem newer... but stranger things have happened. Can anyone kindly shed some light on this? Thanks.
-Andy

Sigh. Foscam has not officially posted this version of firmware on the firmware download page. That said, they have been shipping cameras out ordered from Amazon, with the firmware version you have. Not sure when/if they will update the firmware download page with this version.

Additionally, others have stated that the Web UI ("User Interface") firmware version number is an earlier version, in some cases. Which also is not normal. Especially, since some also have the same camera running with the .46 firmware version and say that the web UI is different then they think, it should be.

Example Post:

http://foscam.us/forum/8910w-ir-problem-t3568.html?hilit=amazon#p17029

Don
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby AndyWeg » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. That seems to make sense. I noticed that the webUI shipped with mine was much older than the one on the website. Unfortunately I didn't make note of which one it was specifically. It was version 2.0.xxx for sure though. I updated the WebUI firmware to 2.4.10.2 and it seems to work great. Thanks again.
AndyWeg

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm

AndyWeg wrote:Thank you for the quick reply. That seems to make sense. I noticed that the webUI shipped with mine was much older than the one on the website. Unfortunately I didn't make note of which one it was specifically. It was version 2.0.xxx for sure though. I updated the WebUI firmware to 2.4.10.2 and it seems to work great. Thanks again.

You are very welcome. Glad to help.

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby mnocket » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:48 pm

I have the same situation - newest firmware on a f18910w but old Web Interface (2.0.10.2). I can't find a download link for newer WI. I downloaded firmware version 11.37.2.47 (even though I have 11.37.2.48) thinking the newer WI would be in the zip file. No luck. Where can I get the new WI? Thanks

Mike
mnocket

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 pm

mnocket wrote:I have the same situation - newest firmware on a f18910w but old Web Interface (2.0.10.2). I can't find a download link for newer WI. I downloaded firmware version 11.37.2.47 (even though I have 11.37.2.48) thinking the newer WI would be in the zip file. No luck. Where can I get the new WI? Thanks

Mike

After checking, it seems like both Foscam.com as well as Foscam.us show 11.37.2.46 as the current system firmware versions and both show version 2.4.10.2.001.bin as the Web UI versions as well for the FI8910W .37 hardware version of this camera model.

There are generally, two different hardware versions, for the same models of MJPEG camera. 11.22 being the other firmware for the other hardware version of this model, in this case.

Besides any other hardware differences between the two, the 11.22 versions did/do not support native 802.11n 2.4GHz mode. Whereas the 11.37 versions do. Neither hardware version supports 802.11n 5GHz natively. By native support, I mean a Router/AP not being used in any other mode or switched mode supporting 802.11b/g modes in order to communicate with the camera wirelessly.

http://foscam.us/firmware.html

http://www.foscam.com/help.aspx?TypeID=11

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby FOSCAM » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 am

Hi,

If your camera have the 11.37.2.48 firmware version, and not sure if the web ui version is the latest. Please feel free to contact tech@foscam.com. Don't upgrade or downgrade it before you confirming this with Foscam.
FOSCAM

Postby jhillestad » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Same problem here..... my white 8910W has .48 and an older looking web UI than my black 8910W .... I got the white one when Amazon had them on sale..... so firmware updates or different from web ui updates ? and dont update or downgrade the unit if it has an older web interface ? I guess I just wanted to be sure it was not a counterfeit model or something... The web UI I have is 2.0.10.2. Can I update just the web ui ? leaving the .48 alone ???
(I tried email tech@foscam.com but it gets returned)
Thanks
jhillestad

Postby skavoovie » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:40 pm

I ran into the same situation -- I just bought a third FI8910W and this newest camera came with the 11.37.2.48 firmware and 2.0.10.2 WebUI.

My other two have the 11.37.2.46 firmware and the 2.4.10.2 WebUI.

I have found the link to the 11.37.2.48 and 11.22.2.47 -- register with ShenZhen Foscam via this URL and click on the "Firmware" tab on the left, and "Software Tools" to download the "IP Camera Tool" suggested by ShenZhen Foscam for applying the firmware update:

http://www.foscam.com/help.aspx?TypeId=11

*Of note, I located this URL via this security advisory page, which appears to indicate that previous firmware versions have a security vulnerability: [url]https://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/265532[/url

Here is a copy of the Read me.txt contained within the firmware download, dated Dec 17 2012:

Suitable for MJPG indoor PT camera: FI8910W FI8910E FI8916W FI8918W FI8918E Pan/Tilt network camera.

Please confirm the model number and firmware version before upgrading.
11.22.2.xx cannot upgrade to this version,11.37.2.xx can upgrade.

System firmware version: 11.37.2.48
Web UI version: 2.4.10.2.001

New features:
1) Big Change on UI;
2) Add Foscam DDNS (For cameras that support it in default factory settings);
3) Support sound alarm;
4) Support enable or disable record when alarm;
5) Make the wireless key invisible and improve the security;
6) Support full screen view in multi-device mode;
7) Support changing the name of manual record file,changed the record path settings;
8) Multi-Camera share the same record, snapshot, play, stop, audio or talk buttons;
9) Support mobile phone access via browser directly; (The browser on phone need support JavaScript);
10) Support Point to Point wireless connection;
11) Disable UPNP in default factory settings;
12) Add WPS feature;
13) Add Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Indonesian, Danish, Czech and Turkish languages on UI.

Fixed bugs:
1) Fixed the bug that wireless signal need scan two times;
2) Changed some translation and pop-up information;
3) Fixed the issue that wireless SSID and MAC address don't match some time;
4) Fixed the invalid test problem of FTP settings;
5) Fixed invalid alarm schedule settings problem;
6) Fixed OSD changed to Disable on IE when back to live page from administration page;
7) Delete alarm audio, alarm record, pop up alarm record file menus;
8) Delete audio feature when access as operator in Server Push mode;
9) Fixed the bug that not so compatible with IE 10 on Win8;
10) Fixed the issue that camera will reboot if firewall block some port.

REMINDER:
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE OVER WIRELESS/WIFI -- ONLY ATTEMPT UPDATE WHEN CAMERA IS CONNECTED VIA THE ETHERNET NETWORK CABLE!
skavoovie

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 pm

skavoovie wrote:I ran into the same situation -- I just bought a third FI8910W and this newest camera came with the 11.37.2.48 firmware and 2.0.10.2 WebUI.

My other two have the 11.37.2.46 firmware and the 2.4.10.2 WebUI.

I have found the link to the 11.37.2.48 and 11.22.2.47 -- register with ShenZhen Foscam via this URL and click on the "Firmware" tab on the left, and "Software Tools" to download the "IP Camera Tool" suggested by ShenZhen Foscam for applying the firmware update:

http://www.foscam.com/help.aspx?TypeId=11

*Of note, I located this URL via this security advisory page, which appears to indicate that previous firmware versions have a security vulnerability: [url]https://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/265532[/url

Here is a copy of the Read me.txt contained within the firmware download, dated Dec 17 2012:

Suitable for MJPG indoor PT camera: FI8910W FI8910E FI8916W FI8918W FI8918E Pan/Tilt network camera.

Please confirm the model number and firmware version before upgrading.
11.22.2.xx cannot upgrade to this version,11.37.2.xx can upgrade.

System firmware version: 11.37.2.48
Web UI version: 2.4.10.2.001

New features:
1) Big Change on UI;
2) Add Foscam DDNS (For cameras that support it in default factory settings);
3) Support sound alarm;
4) Support enable or disable record when alarm;
5) Make the wireless key invisible and improve the security;
6) Support full screen view in multi-device mode;
7) Support changing the name of manual record file,changed the record path settings;
8) Multi-Camera share the same record, snapshot, play, stop, audio or talk buttons;
9) Support mobile phone access via browser directly; (The browser on phone need support JavaScript);
10) Support Point to Point wireless connection;
11) Disable UPNP in default factory settings;
12) Add WPS feature;
13) Add Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Indonesian, Danish, Czech and Turkish languages on UI.

Fixed bugs:
1) Fixed the bug that wireless signal need scan two times;
2) Changed some translation and pop-up information;
3) Fixed the issue that wireless SSID and MAC address don't match some time;
4) Fixed the invalid test problem of FTP settings;
5) Fixed invalid alarm schedule settings problem;
6) Fixed OSD changed to Disable on IE when back to live page from administration page;
7) Delete alarm audio, alarm record, pop up alarm record file menus;
8) Delete audio feature when access as operator in Server Push mode;
9) Fixed the bug that not so compatible with IE 10 on Win8;
10) Fixed the issue that camera will reboot if firewall block some port.

REMINDER:
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE OVER WIRELESS/WIFI -- ONLY ATTEMPT UPDATE WHEN CAMERA IS CONNECTED VIA THE ETHERNET NETWORK CABLE!

Note: I reported this security vulnerability. It has nothing to do with MJPEG based cameras.

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Next

Return to Technical Support