Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

F18910W Setup Help

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

F18910W Setup Help

Postby rfresh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:56 pm

I installed my Win7 IPCamSetup.exe. I opened my Belkin wireless router IP admin address and see the camera in my DHCP Client List with a mac address.

However, when I open the IP Camera Tool I do not see anything in the list...nothing...I did a refresh camera list but still nothing in this window.

What can I try next?

Thanks...
rfresh

Re: F18910W Setup Help

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:03 pm

rfresh wrote:I installed my Win7 IPCamSetup.exe. I opened my Belkin wireless router IP admin address and see the camera in my DHCP Client List with a mac address.

However, when I open the IP Camera Tool I do not see anything in the list...nothing...I did a refresh camera list but still nothing in this window.

What can I try next?

Thanks...

Can you get to the camera using the IP address you see in your DHCP client list?

I assume the camera is connected hardwired to the Belkin using the Ethernet cable at the moment?

Don
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby rfresh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Yes Don I can get to the camera by inputting its IP address into my browser. So now I see user password login form.
rfresh

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:13 pm

ok, logon as Admin, no password to setup the camera.

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby rfresh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:18 pm

0.jpg
0.jpg (55.66 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
When I login using admin and no pw, I see this prompt for software to be installed (I'm using IE8) but it won't install because of this msg see attachment. I set my IE security ActiveX settings to prompt and/or enable.
rfresh

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:33 pm

If you are on a Windows 64 bit based system, you must run the 32 bit version of IE ("Internet Explorer"), because the ActiveX is a 32 bit .ocx.

Generally, all 64 bit Windows based systems have both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of IE installed.

You can click your Start -> All Programs to check if it is there.

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby rfresh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:42 pm

I got it working using FF browser. Now trying to get it setup for wireless, its working with a cable connection now. After I get it working wirelessly, how do I access the view when I'm not home? I use a browser and the camera IP address?
rfresh

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 pm

If your ISP IP address does not change often, you could use it and the port number you assigned to the camera, or use a DDNS.

You will need to setup Port Forwarding or UPnP in your Router/AP first.

Generally, ISP providers like Comcast and Charter, as example, keep the ISP address assigned unless/until the MAC address for the Router/AP connected to their modem changes or some device is directly connected to their modem that has a different MAC address.

You can find out what your current ISP Address is by going here:

http://www.myipaddress.com/show-my-ip-address/

Once you have Port Forwarding or UPnP setup in your Router/AP you can try to access your camera doing this. Even from your local network.

http://YourIPAddress:PortNumberForYourCamera

Did you get any install media, the user manual is on it?

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby donked » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 pm

to view from outside home you use the routers external IP address and the port number you set on the camera.(Im assuming you already port forwarded on the router to the camera)

Your routers external IP address generally changes every time you reboot your router though so you might want a dddns account for IP redirection as the cameras "outside address" (external IP address really) will change after every router reboot.

Perhaps read one of the dozens of threads already addressing the issue of port forwarding and ddns if you get stuck with that side of things - theres a recent post thats quite good and explains setup from scratch :)

edit-beaten to the punch i type too slow hahahahha
link here for steps you need to take anyway
how-to-setup-cam-s-to-work-outside-the-lan-t2641.html
donked

Postby rfresh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Yes, the manual came on the CD.

Thanks for that link to setup access outside of my home. I was setting up the fields that displayed when I unchecked the "Obtain IP from DHCP" and got an err msg. I actually posted this problem in that how to setup reference thread.

I looked at my wireless router IP address which is slightly different, put that in my gateway field, put in the 255.255 etc and set my IP to use the .10 IP since ping showed it to not be in use.

When I clicked on submit I got a illegal parameters error msg.
rfresh

Next

Return to Technical Support