Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

We, Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies), are an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. However, we are deeply saddened to report that, even after all of this, our overseas suppliers have decided to undercut us and supply to our major customers directly. For this reason, we have no choice but to suspend telephone support for all Foscam branded products. If you have purchased a Foscam camera directly from us or from one of our authorized retailers, technical support is still available via email at support@foscam.us.

For customers who have not purchased from us directly, we advise you to please contact Foscam Shenzhen or the distributor which you have purchased from. In the meantime, we have launched our own new brand of IP cameras called Amcrest, which has superior quality products and full telephone technical support 7 days per week. We hope you can support us in our new venture. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com.

F19821W SDK and OCX use

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

F19821W SDK and OCX use

Postby wymand » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:06 pm

I have my own home security program that I use with my F18910 cameras and if works fine. The SDK was straight forward and the OCX works fine in a compiled (Visual Studio 2010) program. I can not make sense of the ocxIPcam.ocx :cry: and wonder if you have another for developers and if there is an SDK coming out. :?: I would like to move to the higher resolution cameras. :)
wymand

Re: F19821W SDK and OCX use

Postby JoeD » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:30 pm

I would like to second this request. I have been using DVM_IPCam2.ocx with my FI8910W under Visual Basic 6. Yesterday I received a FI9821W v2 but I find that the accompanying ocxIPcam.ocx kills VB6 whenever I try to insert it on a Form.
JoeD

Re: F19821W SDK and OCX use

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:05 pm

Not sure that the OCX interface will ever be formally documented for public use.

I assume? That you both are aware that the Interfaces for both the MJPEG and H.264 cameras have different interface and there are SDKs for both?

MJPEG SDK: http://foscam.us/forum/cgi-api-sdk-for-mjpeg-h-264-camera-t2986.html#p13630

H.264 ("For currently Being sold H.264 Camera Models") SDK:

http://foscam.us/forum/cgi-sdk-for-hd-camera-t6045.html#p28979

Note: The vast majority of what the OCX modules are doing can be done by using the CGI commands, minus the Video/Audio interface to the cameras.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Return to Technical Support