Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

We, Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies), are an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. However, we are deeply saddened to report that, even after all of this, our overseas suppliers have decided to undercut us and supply to our major customers directly. For this reason, we have no choice but to suspend telephone support for all Foscam branded products. If you have purchased a Foscam camera directly from us or from one of our authorized retailers, technical support is still available via email at support@foscam.us.

For customers who have not purchased from us directly, we advise you to please contact Foscam Shenzhen or the distributor which you have purchased from. In the meantime, we have launched our own new brand of IP cameras called Amcrest, which has superior quality products and full telephone technical support 7 days per week. We hope you can support us in our new venture. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com.

FI8910W Wireless N not working

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: FI8910W Wireless N not working

Postby Lyresti » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:04 pm

I have the exact same issue. I have a dual band Linksys WRT610N and the FI8910W does not find the N network at all. It sees the G just fine... but no N. All my other N devices are working just fine.

I have the FR-model and the latest firmware. It's clearly labeled as wireless N on the box in several places. Has anyone has any success connecting these to a wireless N network?

Edit: Should have also mentioned that typing in the SSID manually for the N network also does not work. It will not connect that way either.
Lyresti

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Lyresti wrote:I have the exact same issue. I have a dual band Linksys WRT610N and the FI8910W does not find the N network at all. It sees the G just fine... but no N. All my other N devices are working just fine.

I have the FR-model and the latest firmware. It's clearly labeled as wireless N on the box in several places. Has anyone has any success connecting these to a wireless N network?

Edit: Should have also mentioned that typing in the SSID manually for the N network also does not work. It will not connect that way either.

Please see these:

http://foscam.us/forum/fi8910w-wireless-n-not-working-t2506.html#p10924

http://foscam.us/forum/fi8910w-wireless-n-not-working-t2506.html#p10993

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby Trotsky40 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Lyresti wrote:I have the exact same issue. I have a dual band Linksys WRT610N and the FI8910W does not find the N network at all. It sees the G just fine... but no N. All my other N devices are working just fine.

The N flavor of WiFi works on the two different bandwidths (this is the "dual band" in your router's name). The 2.4 GHz range supports Wifi B,G & N and the 5.0 GHz supports A,N, and the new AC. The Foscam cameras can only connect to the 2.4GHz version of N (the iPhone also works this way).

From your description it sounds like you have 2.4GHz limited to G speeds and are using the 5.0GHz for your N devices. Your camera may be connecting to the 2.4GHz network at N speeds.
Trotsky40

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Trotsky40 wrote:

The N flavor of WiFi works on the two different bandwidths (this is the "dual band" in your router's name). The 2.4 GHz range supports Wifi B,G & N and the 5.0 GHz supports A,N, and the new AC. The Foscam cameras can only connect to the 2.4GHz version of N (the iPhone also works this way).

From your description it sounds like you have 2.4GHz limited to G speeds and are using the 5.0GHz for your N devices. Your camera may be connecting to the 2.4GHz network at N speeds.

IMHO, they should still verify what is on the bottom of their camera first, to avoid trying/making any changes to their Router/AP, when possibly, that would be a complete waste of time.

More here: fi8910w-wireless-n-not-working-t2506-20.html#p12299

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby ignaciot » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:48 pm

I'm also having trouble connecting to the wireless network after providing the information. But worse, when I went to the /get_params.cgi URL I can see ALL PASSWORDS IN CLEAR TEXT!!! Including my WIFI KEY!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you're displaying these on this script, this seems like a huge design oversight. How can this script be disabled?
Thanks,

-i
ignaciot

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm

ignaciot wrote:I'm also having trouble connecting to the wireless network after providing the information. But worse, when I went to the /get_params.cgi URL I can see ALL PASSWORDS IN CLEAR TEXT!!! Including my WIFI KEY!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you're displaying these on this script, this seems like a huge design oversight. How can this script be disabled?
Thanks,

-i

This is NOT a mistake or a design oversight. It also requires an Admin level Id and password, to be able to see and access, this information.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby asinclairja » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Can someone please just provide a link to download the old .44 firmware please.

It seems as if that would fix all the problems. I see in other posts where people got it and it solved the problems, but they did not share a link as to where to get it.

And it seems as if customer service is not going to give out old firmware.
asinclairja

Postby bgood » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 am

I'm having the same problem with not being able to connect to wireless N (2.4 GHz). I purchased my FI8910W a few days ago and it came with the most recent firmware already installed (Device Firmware Version: 11.37.2.49 Device Embeded Web UI Version: 2.0.10.3)

I'm only connecting at a 54M G band to a Ubiquiti Unifi Pro. I've tried going N only and also shutting down the 5GHz radio on my AP. I have confirmed that my model is supposed to support wireless N but it does not. My intention was to buy one of these cameras to evaluate and then order several more. I almost ordered a three pack earlier in the week, but I'm not glad I did not.

Is this an issue with defective cameras where we should send them back? Or is this a problem with firmware and we should wait for a new firmware release?
bgood

Postby georghem » Mon May 20, 2013 7:48 pm

I have the same problem with a Foscam FI8910W I bought from Rakuten shopping with the FR model prefix and the 11.37.2.49 firmware. Using a Linksys EA3500 dual-band router, the Foscam will only connect to my wifi network when it's in G-only mode; it'll find the network when it's in Mixed Mode (presumably b/g/n) from within the web setup interface, but once the Ethernet is unplugged, no luck connecting to wireless. Switching the network to G-only resolves this completely -- and completely negates the point of having an N router for Every Single One of my other devices. I'd not have bought this if it meant crippling my entire network.

"B/G/N Wifi" and "Wireless N" are splashed all over the box. Foscam, please fix this.
georghem

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 pm

georghem wrote:I have the same problem with a Foscam FI8910W I bought from Rakuten shopping with the FR model prefix and the 11.37.2.49 firmware. Using a Linksys EA3500 dual-band router, the Foscam will only connect to my wifi network when it's in G-only mode; it'll find the network when it's in Mixed Mode (presumably b/g/n) from within the web setup interface, but once the Ethernet is unplugged, no luck connecting to wireless. Switching the network to G-only resolves this completely -- and completely negates the point of having an N router for Every Single One of my other devices. I'd not have bought this if it meant crippling my entire network.

"B/G/N Wifi" and "Wireless N" are splashed all over the box. Foscam, please fix this.

Is this Router/AP using multiple SSIDs? If so, are you using the same SSID name?

Don
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support