Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

FI8910W Wireless N not working

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: FI8910W Wireless N not working

Postby Lyresti » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:04 pm

I have the exact same issue. I have a dual band Linksys WRT610N and the FI8910W does not find the N network at all. It sees the G just fine... but no N. All my other N devices are working just fine.

I have the FR-model and the latest firmware. It's clearly labeled as wireless N on the box in several places. Has anyone has any success connecting these to a wireless N network?

Edit: Should have also mentioned that typing in the SSID manually for the N network also does not work. It will not connect that way either.
Lyresti

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Lyresti wrote:I have the exact same issue. I have a dual band Linksys WRT610N and the FI8910W does not find the N network at all. It sees the G just fine... but no N. All my other N devices are working just fine.

I have the FR-model and the latest firmware. It's clearly labeled as wireless N on the box in several places. Has anyone has any success connecting these to a wireless N network?

Edit: Should have also mentioned that typing in the SSID manually for the N network also does not work. It will not connect that way either.

Please see these:

http://foscam.us/forum/fi8910w-wireless-n-not-working-t2506.html#p10924

http://foscam.us/forum/fi8910w-wireless-n-not-working-t2506.html#p10993

Don
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby Trotsky40 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Lyresti wrote:I have the exact same issue. I have a dual band Linksys WRT610N and the FI8910W does not find the N network at all. It sees the G just fine... but no N. All my other N devices are working just fine.

The N flavor of WiFi works on the two different bandwidths (this is the "dual band" in your router's name). The 2.4 GHz range supports Wifi B,G & N and the 5.0 GHz supports A,N, and the new AC. The Foscam cameras can only connect to the 2.4GHz version of N (the iPhone also works this way).

From your description it sounds like you have 2.4GHz limited to G speeds and are using the 5.0GHz for your N devices. Your camera may be connecting to the 2.4GHz network at N speeds.
Trotsky40

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Trotsky40 wrote:

The N flavor of WiFi works on the two different bandwidths (this is the "dual band" in your router's name). The 2.4 GHz range supports Wifi B,G & N and the 5.0 GHz supports A,N, and the new AC. The Foscam cameras can only connect to the 2.4GHz version of N (the iPhone also works this way).

From your description it sounds like you have 2.4GHz limited to G speeds and are using the 5.0GHz for your N devices. Your camera may be connecting to the 2.4GHz network at N speeds.

IMHO, they should still verify what is on the bottom of their camera first, to avoid trying/making any changes to their Router/AP, when possibly, that would be a complete waste of time.

More here: fi8910w-wireless-n-not-working-t2506-20.html#p12299

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby ignaciot » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:48 pm

I'm also having trouble connecting to the wireless network after providing the information. But worse, when I went to the /get_params.cgi URL I can see ALL PASSWORDS IN CLEAR TEXT!!! Including my WIFI KEY!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you're displaying these on this script, this seems like a huge design oversight. How can this script be disabled?
Thanks,

-i
ignaciot

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 pm

ignaciot wrote:I'm also having trouble connecting to the wireless network after providing the information. But worse, when I went to the /get_params.cgi URL I can see ALL PASSWORDS IN CLEAR TEXT!!! Including my WIFI KEY!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you're displaying these on this script, this seems like a huge design oversight. How can this script be disabled?
Thanks,

-i

This is NOT a mistake or a design oversight. It also requires an Admin level Id and password, to be able to see and access, this information.

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby asinclairja » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Can someone please just provide a link to download the old .44 firmware please.

It seems as if that would fix all the problems. I see in other posts where people got it and it solved the problems, but they did not share a link as to where to get it.

And it seems as if customer service is not going to give out old firmware.
asinclairja

Postby bgood » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 am

I'm having the same problem with not being able to connect to wireless N (2.4 GHz). I purchased my FI8910W a few days ago and it came with the most recent firmware already installed (Device Firmware Version: 11.37.2.49 Device Embeded Web UI Version: 2.0.10.3)

I'm only connecting at a 54M G band to a Ubiquiti Unifi Pro. I've tried going N only and also shutting down the 5GHz radio on my AP. I have confirmed that my model is supposed to support wireless N but it does not. My intention was to buy one of these cameras to evaluate and then order several more. I almost ordered a three pack earlier in the week, but I'm not glad I did not.

Is this an issue with defective cameras where we should send them back? Or is this a problem with firmware and we should wait for a new firmware release?
bgood

Postby georghem » Mon May 20, 2013 7:48 pm

I have the same problem with a Foscam FI8910W I bought from Rakuten shopping with the FR model prefix and the 11.37.2.49 firmware. Using a Linksys EA3500 dual-band router, the Foscam will only connect to my wifi network when it's in G-only mode; it'll find the network when it's in Mixed Mode (presumably b/g/n) from within the web setup interface, but once the Ethernet is unplugged, no luck connecting to wireless. Switching the network to G-only resolves this completely -- and completely negates the point of having an N router for Every Single One of my other devices. I'd not have bought this if it meant crippling my entire network.

"B/G/N Wifi" and "Wireless N" are splashed all over the box. Foscam, please fix this.
georghem

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 pm

georghem wrote:I have the same problem with a Foscam FI8910W I bought from Rakuten shopping with the FR model prefix and the 11.37.2.49 firmware. Using a Linksys EA3500 dual-band router, the Foscam will only connect to my wifi network when it's in G-only mode; it'll find the network when it's in Mixed Mode (presumably b/g/n) from within the web setup interface, but once the Ethernet is unplugged, no luck connecting to wireless. Switching the network to G-only resolves this completely -- and completely negates the point of having an N router for Every Single One of my other devices. I'd not have bought this if it meant crippling my entire network.

"B/G/N Wifi" and "Wireless N" are splashed all over the box. Foscam, please fix this.

Is this Router/AP using multiple SSIDs? If so, are you using the same SSID name?

Don
About Me
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support