Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

FI8910W + ZoneMinder = Corrupt JPEG data

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: FI8910W + ZoneMinder = Corrupt JPEG data

Postby jojocat » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 pm

I have this problem too with the 8910w.

Please fix this foscam!
jojocat

Postby bobself » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:25 am

I also have this problem with the FI8910W + ZoneMinder. Please supply a firmware update. My firmware is 11.37.2.46
bobself

Postby RedMD » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Same issue here. Trying to get Foscam working with Zoneminder, but the corrupt jpeg issue is still a problem with latest firmware (11.37.2.46). My only options are to rebuild the application from scratch after editing source code: http://lachlanmiskin.com/blog/2012/06/25/zoneminder-foscam-fi8918w-war-corrupt-jpeg-data-extraneous-bytes-before-marker-0xd9/ or add a syslog filter. Either way, this is a big problem. Other than this big issue, I have thoroughly enjoyed foscam cameras :cry:
RedMD

Postby DarkBeer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:57 pm

FYI, I sent an email to Foscam.com (not .us) tech support asking about a fix for this. They emailed me 11.37.2.48 firmware that they plan to release at the end of this month. I installed on all 5 of my FI8910W cameras, but it didn't fix the corrupt JPEG data errors. Other posts indicate this issue used to exist on the FI8918W cameras and was fixed by a firmware update. Why they can't copy the same code fix to the firmware for the FI8910W is beyond me. Certainly seems to indicate a lack of proper documentation of issues and their fixes in their support/programming areas.
DarkBeer

Postby tng5737 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

For what it is worth, I have 11.35.2.48 on my FI8904W and the errors still occur,
tng5737

Previous

Return to Technical Support