Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

FI8918W HTML control/view - any browser (phones too) - FREE!

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: FI8918W HTML control/view - any browser (phones too) - F

Postby kshbu0 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 pm

This is a very useful piece of code! The FI8918W is sold here in NL under the brand Sygonix by Conrad. Unfortunately the support is nil. Thanks to some googling, I found out that the same cam is sold under the name Foscam in US and they DO support the device with newer firmware and this nice forum. Since I want to use the cam from a home made php website, I was very happy to find Kenneth's post. It will bring me closer to my solution!
TNX, Egbert Jan, NL
kshbu0

Postby spectrumbx » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:20 pm

edelske wrote:Thanks spectrumbx,

I'm putting together requests for Ver5 at this time. Is there anything you wish added to the script. So far, only a couple of requests for playing with sound enabled.
ken

I really haven't had time to play with the camera since that first weekend I got it.
I still have plans to integrate it into a utility within the next two months.
spectrumbx

Postby edelske » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Just curious Egbert,
what will your utility do?
ken
edelske

Postby shrxwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 am

Thank you so much for this thread! One of my simplest 'chores' each day is to turn on/off the alarm and going through the full web interface is time consuming - having a single click makes it much faster whether on my phone, tablet or PC! :) Clarice
shrxwin

Postby summerblink » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:47 am

Hi :) I don't know if I understood it right, but should the htm file also show the ip-cam stream above the menu? I'm using Opera Mobile in my Nokia N8 and the menu controls are working fine: this I checked having my laptop logged on camera and if I change resolution from N8/browser->the resolution changes on the stream on my laptop. So the passwords etc are correct on htm but no picture. Any hints? Thanks in advance! :)
summerblink

Postby romelsan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 pm

I edited your version and i added camera movement controls :)
And also i am posting a beta version for Android Tablets, this operates 100% with Opera Browser.

Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tfwdj12vgwvgd

dont forget to change the extension from .txt to .htm

cheers!

@RomelSan
romelsan

Postby edelske » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:36 am

Romansan,

How were you able to compensate for the internet lag when doing direct camera movement to get to the desired position?

Edelske
edelske

Re: FI8918W HTML control/view - FREE!

Postby methias » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:26 pm

I would love to have the ability to have the camera switch from one preset location to the next every few minutes.
Lacking that how about a way to track and follow movement.
methias

Postby edelske » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:45 pm

methias,

if you are using a pc a simple looping batch file will do what you want with a couple of delay commands between the switch and view commands. I doubt this will work on most cell phones.
ken
edelske

Postby klausweber » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:55 pm

I want to write a java script file or so (I do not have experience with internet programming) that when opened in IE or Firefox command a Foscam FI8918W to go from preset position 1 to 8, take snapshots and finally save these pictures on my hard disk.

Something like this:

Open C://SequenceOfPictures.htm
For n = preset position 1 TO preset position 8
Take Snapshot n
Save Snapshot n
Next n

The only purpose for which I use my IP Camera is to take a sequence of 8 picture from time to time when I tell the camera to do so.

Moving the camera manually from position 1 to 8, taking the snapshots and saving them is time consuming and has started to be an annoying thing.

Any idea how to write such a script?
klausweber

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion