Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

FI8918W HTML control/view - any browser (phones too) - FREE!

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: FI8918W HTML control/view - any browser (phones too) - F

Postby edelske » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Can anyone confirm that my code works with the newest model as of this post date? The model is the FI9820W - thanks.
ken
edelske

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:33 pm

edelske wrote:Can anyone confirm that my code works with the newest model as of this post date? The model is the FI9820W - thanks.
ken

Your code does not and will not work with any of the H.264 based cameras ("The FI9820W is a H.264 based camera").

The CGI interfaces are completely different for the MJPEG and H.264 based cameras.

You can check the links in my signature below, for a version of code that does work with the H.264 cameras. They both have Live Demos.

You can also compare the MJPEG version link in my signature below, to the H.264 version link in my signature below, to see the differences as well.

Also, here is a link to both the MJPEG and H.264 CGI SDK, for the cameras, so that you can see all the CGI differences between the MJPEG and H.264 camera types:

http://foscam.us/forum/cgi-api-sdk-for-mjpeg-h-264-camera-t2986.html

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby edelske » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Don,

Nice of you to post an answer to my question.

Ken
edelske

Postby edelske » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Please post support requests here if possible, my email is slower.
ken
edelske

Postby alalso » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am

I would try this but WHERE IS THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD IT??????????
alalso

Postby csid » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:21 pm

@edelske: I registered to say thank you for providing this html code. It does what I want and more. You saved me a bunch of time!

@alalso: See the first post. There is no downloadable file, there is html code that you'll have to modify with your camera's IP, a username and a password. Look for "FOSCAM_FI8918W_CONTROL_V5.TXT" in the provided links.
csid

Postby wibbly » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:03 am

I would like to batch up a number of settings and have them all execute at once by opening one URL - i.e. make a sequence of cgi/API calls to a camera to set a 'going out' profile on the camera, and then have another URL to open for my 'at home' profile for the camera. Each profile would set things like position preset, alarm settings and IR light setting.

I could then have a simple shortcut for each URL on my (Android) phone and change camera profiles with a single tap.

What would be the structure of the HTML for this that would run through making all the API calls with and also not open a new browser window for each call? Is it possible?
wibbly

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:08 pm

wibbly wrote:I would like to batch up a number of settings and have them all execute at once by opening one URL - i.e. make a sequence of cgi/API calls to a camera to set a 'going out' profile on the camera, and then have another URL to open for my 'at home' profile for the camera. Each profile would set things like position preset, alarm settings and IR light setting.

I could then have a simple shortcut for each URL on my (Android) phone and change camera profiles with a single tap.

What would be the structure of the HTML for this that would run through making all the API calls with and also not open a new browser window for each call? Is it possible?

It would be impossible to show one example. That could/would work, in ALL cases. Focusing, on the simple batch execution of a list of CGI commands.

This is because, some CGI commands, require that ALL parameters used in those CGI commands, have proper values. Which means, depending on the CGI commands you intend to use. That you MAY need to query the camera for those values. Prior to executing a CGI command, so that you have those values, beforehand.

I can only suggest trying/using this Interface, with an Admin level User Id and password for the camera to see what I mean, as well as review the HTML source code of the Interface below to see what maybe required, depending on what CGI commands you intend to "Batch Execute":

http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-ip-mjpeg-cameras-t2522.html#p10970

Once you determine IF you need to preload any variables before this or that CGI commands you use is required. You can use a loop concept like this:

http://foscam.us/forum/free-mjpeg-goto-different-presets-loop-interface-t3403.html#p15694

While the example deals with executing and repeating a loop of presets each able to have unique delays between each other. It might simplify how you can create a list of batch CGI commands that can also be repeated, as needed, if needed as well. Of course you could also only execute the Array of CGI commands once and exit as well.

You can review the HTML source code of the example. To see how the preset loop is being done. You could use the same Array based concept, but instead of using only preset values, in the Array. Store entire CGI commands, in place of those preset values and execute each CGI command with the delay of your choice between those CGI commands.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby wibbly » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:09 am

Thanks Don, will take a further look, but the key seems to be I need to use Javascript (not "plain old" HTML), and to execute one of the cgi calls I need to use "action_zone.location ="

For what I want to do, I do not think I need to query the camera. I will hard code in calls I need, one after the other, with all parameters preset.

Here is my actual use case:

- I have an Android phone
- Using an app like 'Tasker' (I use Llama) & with that I can perform a number of sequential calls to the relevant camera cgi's as a result of my phone's location or other trigger. This works via Llama triggering a series of GETs to the complete URL (+parameters) for each cgi command. But it is difficult to maintain.
- Instead, I would like to host all the cgi calls in a file at my ISP (Linux based hosting), and have Llama just reference the one file...
wibbly

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:23 am

wibbly wrote:Thanks Don, will take a further look, but the key seems to be I need to use Javascript (not "plain old" HTML), and to execute one of the cgi calls I need to use "action_zone.location ="

For what I want to do, I do not think I need to query the camera. I will hard code in calls I need, one after the other, with all parameters preset.

Here is my actual use case:

- I have an Android phone
- Using an app like 'Tasker' (I use Llama) & with that I can perform a number of sequential calls to the relevant camera cgi's as a result of my phone's location or other trigger. This works via Llama triggering a series of GETs to the complete URL (+parameters) for each cgi command. But it is difficult to maintain.
- Instead, I would like to host all the cgi calls in a file at my ISP (Linux based hosting), and have Llama just reference the one file...

You are very welcome.

Understood.

Both examples I gave here in my prior post, use Javascript and "action_zone.location =", so it would be best, to review them and then decide, if their methods will work for you.

Don
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion