Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

FI8918W software for mac

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

FI8918W software for mac

Postby firegirl839 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 am

I have a macbook with a slot drive and cannot use the mini disc to install the software. The only download I can find is for the FI8908W and it is only for windows. I tried to access it by plugging the camera into my router (an apple time capsule) and attaching my computer to the router via ethernet, but I could not figure out how to see the camera on the router. Has anyone successfully set this up on a mac with an apple router? I have no way to use the disc to load the software!!!!!
firegirl839

Re: FI8918W software for mac

Postby matrixIII » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:03 pm

I was also recently configuring it and noticed that all that the cd installs is a small client to detect what the ip address is for the new camera and when you double click on it, it just open the Internet Explorer with the ip address such as http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

If you home network has dhcp enabled (which means it assigns ips on its own), you can just log into your router and see what ip it has assigned to the Foscam camera. Then just type that in your browser and you are good to go... (You may have to temporarily disable mac filtering if its enabled on the router so the camera can connect)

Hope this helps...
matrixIII

Return to General Discussion