Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

FI9821W constantly rebooting

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

FI9821W constantly rebooting

Postby nolanconsulting » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:48 pm

I've had this FI9821W camera for a few months now and haven't has any problems with it. This morning the power point was turned off for about 3 minutes, then turned back on and now the camera is in a constant reboot loop. It goes through the start up process and sits at centre for about 5 seconds, then reboots and does it all over again.

I'm not certain which firmware is actually on the unit, but I know it's not the latest one.

Please help, this is my main security camera.
nolanconsulting

Re: FI9821W constantly rebooting

Postby meneerleblanc » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:19 am

I have the exact same problem. Poweroutage in one part of the house for few minutes when the power came up again. My camera is now rebooting itself constantly. I have another camera (also 9821W) and wanted to upgrade to new firmware. I used the exact same powercord from the camera that is rebooting itself constantly. Now my second camera is also rebooting itself. When using the other cable has no luck either! Help!, anyone?
meneerleblanc

Postby blo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:19 am

Hi!
Had to return my FI9821W for the same reason: if the hard reset is not working (pushing the reset button for approx. 30 seconds while the camera is powered) there is nothing more you can do. The reason behind is a serious firmware bug – Foscam has a long history with unfinished firmware, just check this forum.
Yesterday I got the mail from my supplier: the cam has to go back to the manufacturer for "repair" (for sure they don't repair a camera in this price class). I got a voucher for buying something else from Foscam Switzerland. However, they removed all Foscam HD cameras form their internet shop, telling me that the HD versions won't be available anymore before end of May. I'm curious how long it takes Foscam USA to stop selling these products.
Good luck!
blo

Postby pjzzz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 am

blo wrote:Hi!
Had to return my FI9821W for the same reason: if the hard reset is not working (pushing the reset button for approx. 30 seconds while the camera is powered) there is nothing more you can do. The reason behind is a serious firmware bug – Foscam has a long history with unfinished firmware, just check this forum.
Yesterday I got the mail from my supplier: the cam has to go back to the manufacturer for "repair" (for sure they don't repair a camera in this price class). I got a voucher for buying something else from Foscam Switzerland. However, they removed all Foscam HD cameras form their internet shop, telling me that the HD versions won't be available anymore before end of May. I'm curious how long it takes Foscam USA to stop selling these products.
Good luck!

Just posted about the same issue.
post25257.html#p25257
pjzzz

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:32 am

nolanconsulting wrote:I've had this FI9821W camera for a few months now and haven't has any problems with it. This morning the power point was turned off for about 3 minutes, then turned back on and now the camera is in a constant reboot loop. It goes through the start up process and sits at centre for about 5 seconds, then reboots and does it all over again.

I'm not certain which firmware is actually on the unit, but I know it's not the latest one.

Please help, this is my main security camera.

For those that currently, have this issue, most likely you need to contact Foscam customer service for a replacement camera. I am not aware of any methods to come out of this situation where the camera becomes stuck in a restart loop and never connects:

http://foscam.us/contactus.html

For others:

Please note. I am not saying this should be the case. But, it may help protect the camera from a power surge, which seems like it maybe the cause of this issue. By using a surge protector, between the cameras AC Adapter and the electrical AC outlet. Like one would use for their computers.

I agree, this should not be necessary. But until the root cause of what's causing this is documented as fact. It can't hurt to do this for the moment.

People have posted here that this has happened. But it would at the moment appear, it's not common when taking into account of how many FI9821W cameras are in use.

Hopefully. Foscam, will make a statement about if power surges are the cause of this.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby danielchan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:57 am

I have surge protector (Belkin) for ALL my foscam units but still hitting the issue. Hope that helps.
danielchan

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:21 pm

danielchan wrote:I have surge protector (Belkin) for ALL my foscam units but still hitting the issue. Hope that helps.

If this is the case, then it's possible that some component in the camera is failing to initialize during camera initialization.

I would contact the seller to RMA the camera. If the seller is Foscam.us please see this and ask Foscam.us how to proceed:

http://foscam.us/contactus.html

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby BJisBack » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:27 am

mine is doing the same thing... and i have a powersurge protector and a good one for my domotics.. but this did not help aperently...
:x
hope i can post it return to my reseller its only two months old..
:roll:
BJisBack

Postby wenbey » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:20 pm

My FI9821w Cameras are in the same sitiation .I also have a powersurge protector and was hoping it can help .. but did not help at all.

I sent them back one by one on my own cost during last few months, and get replacement but what was the problem ? what option do we have after warranty expired ?
wenbey

Postby guykarlen » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi,

Yes, that is a good question.

I have also the same Problem! It works about 3 month and suddenly is in this reboot loop. No Network Connection, no DHCP request.

And the Reset Button.. I try up to 1 minute... and also while plug in the power cord. But no success.

I think it's a big Hardware Bug or Firmware Bug.. Incredible!

Regards
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
guykarlen

Next

Return to Technical Support