Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

FI9821W Issue List

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: FI9821W Issue List

Postby cam1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:52 pm

GMaster1
Thanks for starting a thread on this device as I just placed my order 5 minutes ago which is expected to be delivered 1/9, which means I have a few days of peace. :)
Keep it coming gentlemen, I'll be tuning in daily.
cam1

Can't get WEP Wifi to work

Postby ribo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm also unable to get the FI9821W to connect on wiki with WEP encryption (neither 64 bit hex keys nor 128 bit hex keys) I can connect to the wifi access point if the access point has no encryption/security enabled.

(My wifis support WEP, they don't seem to support WPA or WPA2, so fixing this is important to me.)
ribo

Postby GMaster1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 pm

LuMax wrote:Can't logon or access WebGUI?

Mine responded to port 88. (Example: http://192.168.1.104:88) IPCamera Tool can assist you with the initial discovery.

cam1 wrote:GMaster1
Thanks for starting a thread on this device as I just placed my order 5 minutes ago which is expected to be delivered 1/9, which means I have a few days of peace. :)
Keep it coming gentlemen, I'll be tuning in daily.

No worries! I work with engineers/programmers every day and the easiest way for them to notice tasks is to have them in one giant list :-)
GMaster1

Postby hyosafi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:17 pm

I made a thread about this one and didn't see it listed here so i'll post it again.

Currently, when you log in as a visitor account on a desktop browser, you get a simple streaming video with no other options. HOWEVER, when you attempt to log in as a visitor on a mobile browser (smartphone, iPad), the visitor account gets no video stream but does have access to many device settings. The visitor account logged in on a mobile platform can change network settings including disabling DDNS and most troubling, can change and delete log in passwords including the admin account. This is a massive, unacceptable security flaw for a camera I just paid near $150 for.

Its unbelievable to me that a consumer product would be released with this kind of a bug in this day and age. This is not some minor bug. People can do serious damage.

Its insanely annoying to me that we have to be Foscam's bug team. What a great deal they get here. Save money by not having to hire QA or a bug team and still get all the info you need.
hyosafi

Postby GMaster1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:33 pm

hyosafi wrote:I made a thread about this one and didn't see it listed here so i'll post it again.

I read your post earlier and tested it on my standard browser but must have not read the mobile view instruction. Having done that, I too am shocked. This one goes to the top of my list. Thank you for the reiteration!
GMaster1

Postby blitzer454 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 pm

If you're counting typos, then "Horizontal" is also misspelled when you select it from the drop-down box under cruise. It's spelled "Horizental".

If possible, I would also like to see a squelch control for the volume level when listening to audio from the camera.
blitzer454

Postby pjzzz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 am

I'm waiting for a Foscam App or an commercial Android/Iphone App that has smooth frame-rates with H.264 instead of the 2Fps rate I get now when using my Android phone on my own Wireless-300N network. VGA runs at 10 Fps, still not smooth.
It's not usable as an mobile security-cam because it has a lag of almost 30/45 seconds.

Also noticed that when tilted down completely the IR reflects from the white camera body so much that you can't get a clear picture at all. (Should I get the black version?)
Anybody cares to test this for me on a black model please?
Last edited by pjzzz on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
pjzzz

Postby blitzer454 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 am

Once again my camera has dropped off the wireless network sometime during the night. This time I'm sure the signal strength is not the issue as I moved the camera closer to the access point and I'm getting 4 green bars. This time I did nothing except to cycle power to the camera which reestablished the wireless connection with full signal strength. Has anyone else been able to get this camera to stay online for more than one day when using wireless connection?
blitzer454

Postby Leyland384 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 am

Here are more of my experiences since yesterday:

After about 6-12 hrs of runtime, web interface becomes sluggish, and even unusable. When the interface becomes totally unusuable, I'm experiencing error messages "Connect Failed" on login. After repeated attempts to login, closing the browser and attempting to login again will produce the error message "Media Port Malformed".
Recorded Video has a serious issue. After several hours of runtime, the videos on the SD card become corrupted, and won't play properly. New Motion capture videos will have blocks of blurry pixelation where the moving objects are located in the field of view. The problem was seen in the web based video player for the camera. Playback speed, and playback size are constantly changing while watching with Windows Meda Player. The files were then copied to my computer desktop for playback, and the issue persisted.
AGC on camera brightness causes lines and pixels to rapidly change color in low light conditions (looks like a screen door shifting around the video stream). This effect falsely triggers the motion capture algorithm. The result is 100's of pictures of nothing even with the motion capture sensitivity set to LOW. IR illumination is disabled in my application, as I am looking out a window. During daytime, this is NOT an issue.

These issues are EXTREMELY disappointing. The clarity and detail of the picture rock when viewed in realtime, but all this bullshit with FTP, web interface, video recording, and firmware stability render this product useless! I have been able to replicate nearly all of the problems other users are having as well. This product is GARBAGE as delivered. I'm done Alpha testing for now, the camera is getting boxed back up, and I'll wait for a response from Foscam sales/support on what they want to do next.
Leyland384

Postby GMaster1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks for updates. Wondering if IE caches the session endlessly until your browser hits a limit. I have experienced the malformed error as well.
GMaster1

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support