Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

FI9821W Issue List

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: FI9821W Issue List

Postby Old Fart » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 pm

FI9821W

Am I missing where you can delete videos from the SD card via software (IE, Firefox, etc...), or is that option simply not there?
Old Fart

Postby GMaster1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Old Fart wrote:FI9821W Am I missing where you can delete videos from the SD card via software (IE, Firefox, etc...), or is that option simply not there?

I can't find it either. I would have also liked the ability to 'download' the files via a button on the playback interface.
GMaster1

Postby ScottW » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:10 pm

A few things I have noticed that I don't think have been mentioned above (although I might have missed them...):

1) This is a "hint", not a problem... In order to use "manual record" on a Windows machine, you need to either use the local Intranet address, *or* you need to add whatever domain name you are using (i.e., your ddns name) to your "trusted sites" list. Otherwise recording fails because the browser/activex is denied access to the hard drive.

2) The camera interface lets you change the "Manual record location" to a custom drive/path rather than the default of "c:\IPCamRecord". HOWEVER... Even after changing this, the camera still writes an INI file to "c:\IPCamRecord\fsIPCamCofing.ini" [SIC] as its way of "remembering" the custom path. Writing folders/files to the ROOT OF C is, ahem, "totally unacceptable".

3) No way to manage/delete recorded videos on the SD card. Need simple file management routines added to the firmware. Right now, it appears you can only delete old videos by moving the SD to a computer.

4) No way to view (or manage/delete) snapshots saved to the SD card. Saved snapshots are in a "\IPCamera\<ip_address>\snap" folder on the card, but this cannot be accessed from the camera interaface. Need a way to view (and delete) snapshots on the SD from the camera interface.

5) Alarm emails all have the same exact subject, "foscam IPCamera" (i.e., no date/time in the subject line as with previous Foscam models). This causes problems for email clients that merge together all mails with same subject into a "conversation". Would like option to add date/time (and camera ID or name) to the subject line.

6) Alarm email body contains the line "...detected montion [SIC] alarm at <date><time>. The date is frequently shown as "1970-1-1" even when the camera has and displays the correct time in the live video window. The time appears to be set on the FIRST alarm after camera reboot, and all subsequent emails contain the same time (i.e., they all have the time of the "first" alarm).

7) Something with snapshot email attachments is formatted incorrectly. The native iOS email client sometimes doesn't display the attached photos. Gmail (even on iOS) is more forgiving and displays them, but the fact that the native iOS email client doesn't display them indicates some kind of error in formatting/embedding the attachment.

8) This is also more of a "hint" for iOS users rather than a specific problem with the camera... On iOS, the "IP Cam Viewer" app will display the camera, but with a VERY low frame rate and a long (like 10+ second) delay; sound works, but is unusable due to delays. The "LiveCams Pro" app will display the camera, much smoother video and less delay (just a couple seconds), but no sound support. The "FoscamPro" app does NOT support the 9821. *** IN MY OPINION, if Foscam is going to advertise the 9821 as as "iPhone / iPad compatible" then they need to provide a way to do that WITHOUT purchasing additional software -- i.e., they should publish their own Foscam camera viewer in the app store.
ScottW

Postby pjzzz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:31 am

GMaster1 wrote:
Old Fart wrote:FI9821W Am I missing where you can delete videos from the SD card via software (IE, Firefox, etc...), or is that option simply not there?

I can't find it either. I would have also liked the ability to 'download' the files via a button on the playback interface.

Could you add these as well?

-Low frame-rate using 720 on an android phone on the same 300N WIFI
(My 8 year old Pro9000 Logitech webcam streams full 25/30Fps without any problem on the same network and has a much better picture)

-When switching to VGA the picture is 4/3 but the ratio/scaling is wrong.

-Lag on live view with 720 H.264 is almost 30sec with Android phone.

-An option to switch of IR LED but keep Nightvision when using behind a glass window.
pjzzz

Postby GMaster1 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 am

Yep--I have mobile device compatibility listed -- they need to address various items within that category including frame rate performance.

I think VGA mode is going to naturally produce that effect.

A feature request could be added for a more advanced look into the IR functionality, but I think that is a request beyond what is normally expected with these cameras (if that makes sense).
GMaster1

Postby Leyland384 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

No follow up from moderators in this forum, and no replies to an email inquiry to tech support as of yet.
Leyland384

Postby GoZO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm

I did get this email from them.

"Join Us at CES 2013 in Vegas (Jan 8-11) - Booth #70603 in the Venetian Ballroom.
Will you be attending CES this year? We will be exhibiting in the
Venetian Ballroom (IT Wireless / Connected Home Area) booth # 70603.
We would love if you could join us. We will be promoting our new FI9821W as well as unveiling some of our new unreleased Outdoor and POE Megapixel cameras. Come check us out!"

Someone should stop by the booth and personally hand them this list of problems. I would love to hear their response.
GoZO

Postby wooties » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Has anyone had any luck with this camera working with mobile apps? Tinycam doesn't work. I'm really bummed out how this camera has turned into such a lemon.
wooties

Postby pjzzz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:59 pm

wooties wrote:Has anyone had any luck with this camera working with mobile apps? Tinycam doesn't work. I'm really bummed out how this camera has turned into such a lemon.

IP Cam Viewer(Pro) v 4.7.5 for Android works with the 9821
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.ipcamviewer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yY3JlYXRpb25zLmlwY2Ftdmlld2VyIl0.
pjzzz

Postby chucks » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Took a chance on this camera based on some of the Foscam reviews. Now I think I regret. The problems I thought I might have seem to be ok like wireless connectivity and installation. Both went smooth and wireless seems to be holding. I use Blue Iris and this now supports the camera so that also works well (so far).

However the night vision is absolutely useless. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong but the image is very washed out to the point of being useless. I also have the FI8910W and the night image is far superior. It is almost like the 8910 is in a hybrid mode with some of the image still having some color and clarity and other parts clearly in IR mode with the typical "ghost white" look. The 9821 is a very washed out B/W image that is impossible to make out details (even though "HD"). The daylight images are OK though not as big an improvement as I expected.

Are others seeing a very poor night image? I have tried adjusting the brightness/color/contrast controls but they help little. To make matters worse the night mode in "auto" switches on before it needs to ruining the image.

Finally I too have the screen door like problem due the AGC I think described in an earlier post.

Anyone else think the night image is useless and found a work around? What is my odds of getting a return? Had it for just a week.
chucks

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support