Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

FI9826W SD CARD RECORDING ISSUES

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

FI9826W SD CARD RECORDING ISSUES

Postby bsini » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:20 pm

I purchased the FI9826w camera mainly for recording events in my store on the sd card. However, some recordings are very choppy as if the frame rate is dropping while others are very good. I don't know if this is a normal issue or if I can change my settings to prevent this from happening. I have tried to adjust the frame rate and resolution but that does not seem to do much for the choppiness in certain recordings. I am using a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC card.
bsini

Re: FI9826W SD CARD RECORDING ISSUES

Postby Jlarosa1 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:31 am

Hi,
Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but here's my two cents:
I have the 9826W with firmware 1.11.1.16.

I noticed that playback of video via the web interface always pauses once or twice. Frames are not lost! the playback just seems to pause and a red message comes up say "waiting" or something like that. I guessed that the playback pausing was a result of the camera tryign to function, do the playback, and the overhead of the wireless network.

So, I removed the SD card and copied the file to my computer and played it from there. The video was perfect.

It's a pain to remove the SD card and thats why SD card management from the web interface is very important in the next firmware update.

Hope this helps.
Jlarosa1

Return to Technical Support