Foscam Forum • View topic - FI9828W problem after Firmware upgrade

Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

FI9828W problem after Firmware upgrade

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

FI9828W problem after Firmware upgrade

Postby xppx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:23 am

Hi

After Firmware upgrade my FI9828W doesn't work.
Reset doesn't work.

I want flash it from my other FI9828W but when I connect RS232 u-boot want password.

Can you help me what is the u-boot password.

I don't use ddns and both camera are on another location.

I want copy kernel and app partition from working to my bricked cam.

Both cameras is out warranty

Help me please

Mariusz
xppx

Re: FI9828W problem after Firmware upgrade

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:33 pm

xppx wrote:Hi

After Firmware upgrade my FI9828W doesn't work.
Reset doesn't work.

I want flash it from my other FI9828W but when I connect RS232 u-boot want password.

Can you help me what is the u-boot password.

I don't use ddns and both camera are on another location.

I want copy kernel and app partition from working to my bricked cam.

Both cameras is out warranty

Help me please

Mariusz

Please contact your seller directly to see how they say to proceed.

A Foscam Policy change has caused only authorized Foscam resellers to be able to recover Foscam H.264 based IP Camera models using u-boot because the Foscam DDNS and password need to be reentered during u-boot recovery.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby xppx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:28 pm

This cameras was bought on ebay.
The seller removed ebay account.

I haven't any support.

I can repair it but I don't know the password for u-boot.

Please help me.
xppx

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:46 pm

xppx wrote:This cameras was bought on ebay.

I haven't any support.

Please help me.

Please see this:

http://foscam.com/company/return-repair-policy.html

Note: You would need much more than simply the password for u-boot to recover a camera via USB TTL. A special .bin recovery file, Windows utilities and so on.

I've tried my best to explain to you these facts. Here is Foscam's new policy on using the utilities required to recover your camera model:

Because of these facts. Please use the email link directly to Foscam the manufacturer located in the link above.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby xppx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:51 pm

"please contact the point-of-purchase to confirm that before you ask for this service."

I can't ask because i haven't contact to seller.

Where is foscam repair in Poland ?
xppx

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:56 pm

xppx wrote:"please contact the point-of-purchase to confirm that before you ask for this service."

I can't ask because i haven't contact to seller.

Where is foscam repair in Poland ?

Please take the time to re-read what my prior post stated to do about this. See bold text below:

TheUberOverLord wrote:
xppx wrote:This cameras was bought on ebay.

I haven't any support.

Please help me.

Please see this:

http://foscam.com/company/return-repair-policy.html

Note: You would need much more than simply the password for u-boot to recover a camera via USB TTL. A special .bin recovery file, Windows utilities and so on.

Because of these facts. Please use the email link directly to Foscam the manufacturer located in the link above.

Don

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby xppx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:10 pm

"Note: You would need much more than simply the password for u-boot to recover a camera via USB TTL. A special .bin recovery file, Windows utilities and so on."

No, I don't need any tool and special .bin

I repairded other brand cameras from u-boot command.

I only need password to enter u-boot
I don't need any tool and I can use U-boot
xppx

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:17 pm

xppx wrote:"Note: You would need much more than simply the password for u-boot to recover a camera via USB TTL. A special .bin recovery file, Windows utilities and so on."

No, I don't need any tool and special .bin

I repairded other brand cameras from u-boot command.

I only need password to enter u-boot
I don't need any tool and I can use U-boot

I am a Moderator here in this Forum.

In the past. Prior to this Foscam policy change. I personally have recovered all Foscam IP Camera models. Including yours. Using a serial interface. I did this to test that ability and verify that it worked as stated. Which varies on a per camera model basis.

I can assure you that you could not simply use the password for u-boot to successfully recover your camera. There is no other method currently available besides following the instructions I have provided you to try and recover your camera.

I've tried my best to explain to you these facts. Here is Foscam's new policy on using the utilities required to recover your camera model:

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby xppx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Please give me password for u-boot and I can proof I repair this cameras without this tool.

I know what I'm doing.

I can give you on private message serial number or other thing you need to verify I own this cameras.
xppx

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:20 pm

xppx wrote:Please give me password for u-boot and I can proof I repair this cameras without this tool.

I know what I'm doing.

I can give you on private message serial number or other thing you need to verify I own this cameras.

Please re-read my prior post here:

fi9828w-problem-after-firmware-upgrade-t18399.html#p72068

Due to Foscam policy changes. I'm not allowed to provide you the items you need to recover your FI9828W. Which as stated, requires much more than a u-boot password.

Please see this:

fi9828w-problem-after-firmware-upgrade-t18399.html#p72066

Don
TheUberOverLord

Next

Return to Technical Support