Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

We, Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies), are an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. However, we are deeply saddened to report that, even after all of this, our overseas suppliers have decided to undercut us and supply to our major customers directly. For this reason, we have no choice but to suspend telephone support for all Foscam branded products. If you have purchased a Foscam camera directly from us or from one of our authorized retailers, technical support is still available via email at support@foscam.us.

For customers who have not purchased from us directly, we advise you to please contact Foscam Shenzhen or the distributor which you have purchased from. In the meantime, we have launched our own new brand of IP cameras called Amcrest, which has superior quality products and full telephone technical support 7 days per week. We hope you can support us in our new venture. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com.

Foscam and Internet Explorer

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Foscam and Internet Explorer

Postby blockmanjohn » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Is there a trick to accessing my camera using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer? When I try to login I get a box that says no valid digital signature, one of the counter signatures is not valid. I don't know what any of this means but would like to get around it.

The reason I want to use IE is that it allows multiple cameras to be accessed, while Firefox, which I am currently using, does not.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I apologize if this was addressed in a prior post, but I could not find it. Thanks, John
blockmanjohn

Re: Foscam and Internet Explorer

Postby Avacomtech Inc » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:37 pm

There is a Chrome extension called "IE tab" that supports active X and will allow you access to the multidev features on the camera.

Ray
Avacomtech Inc

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:30 pm

blockmanjohn wrote:Is there a trick to accessing my camera using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer? When I try to login I get a box that says no valid digital signature, one of the counter signatures is not valid. I don't know what any of this means but would like to get around it.

The reason I want to use IE is that it allows multiple cameras to be accessed, while Firefox, which I am currently using, does not.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I apologize if this was addressed in a prior post, but I could not find it. Thanks, John

Please see this:

http://foscam.us/forum/set-recording-path-t2952.html#p13412

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby blockmanjohn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:41 am

I installed the IE tab in my Chrome browser and was able to open my camera in it. It gave me the active x screen that I was looking for, but I was unable to get any live video feed.The video screen showed a white box with a white "X" in the upper left corner. Is there some thing else I have to do? Thanks for the help,John
blockmanjohn

Postby Avacomtech Inc » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:38 pm

When it gives you the log in options log in with the Active X mode. I think you still used the Server push mode. I tried logging in with server push mode while using the Chrome IE Tab and saw a white x like you mentioned.

Ray
Avacomtech Inc

Postby blockmanjohn » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:05 pm

I was careful to login using the active x mode, and I still get the white box with the white x in the corner. It must be something else that I did wrong.
blockmanjohn

Postby blockmanjohn » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Problem solved.
It turned out to be a simple security issue. I had to disable active x filtering, and allow certificates from an unknown publisher. It works just fine in IE without having to use the IE tab in the google chrome browser. Thanks for all the help I received, John.
blockmanjohn

Return to Technical Support