Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Foscam and Internet Explorer

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Foscam and Internet Explorer

Postby blockmanjohn » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Is there a trick to accessing my camera using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer? When I try to login I get a box that says no valid digital signature, one of the counter signatures is not valid. I don't know what any of this means but would like to get around it.

The reason I want to use IE is that it allows multiple cameras to be accessed, while Firefox, which I am currently using, does not.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I apologize if this was addressed in a prior post, but I could not find it. Thanks, John
blockmanjohn

Re: Foscam and Internet Explorer

Postby Avacomtech Inc » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:37 pm

There is a Chrome extension called "IE tab" that supports active X and will allow you access to the multidev features on the camera.

Ray
Avacomtech Inc

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:30 pm

blockmanjohn wrote:Is there a trick to accessing my camera using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer? When I try to login I get a box that says no valid digital signature, one of the counter signatures is not valid. I don't know what any of this means but would like to get around it.

The reason I want to use IE is that it allows multiple cameras to be accessed, while Firefox, which I am currently using, does not.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I apologize if this was addressed in a prior post, but I could not find it. Thanks, John

Please see this:

http://foscam.us/forum/set-recording-path-t2952.html#p13412

Don
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby blockmanjohn » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:41 am

I installed the IE tab in my Chrome browser and was able to open my camera in it. It gave me the active x screen that I was looking for, but I was unable to get any live video feed.The video screen showed a white box with a white "X" in the upper left corner. Is there some thing else I have to do? Thanks for the help,John
blockmanjohn

Postby Avacomtech Inc » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:38 pm

When it gives you the log in options log in with the Active X mode. I think you still used the Server push mode. I tried logging in with server push mode while using the Chrome IE Tab and saw a white x like you mentioned.

Ray
Avacomtech Inc

Postby blockmanjohn » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:05 pm

I was careful to login using the active x mode, and I still get the white box with the white x in the corner. It must be something else that I did wrong.
blockmanjohn

Postby blockmanjohn » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Problem solved.
It turned out to be a simple security issue. I had to disable active x filtering, and allow certificates from an unknown publisher. It works just fine in IE without having to use the IE tab in the google chrome browser. Thanks for all the help I received, John.
blockmanjohn

Return to Technical Support