Foscam Forum • View topic - Foscam Dialing Out to Suspect Hosts

Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Foscam Dialing Out to Suspect Hosts

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: Foscam Dialing Out to Suspect Hosts

Postby larryak » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Hi,
Two firmware updates were pushed out last week and neither one of the readme.txt files mentioned the port issues. However, in my case both updates resulted in the cameras no longer pinging port 10001. That's all I know. :-)

I don't have any version of the FI9803P...
larryak

Postby dannyo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:24 am

Kind of odd that there is no mention of the port issue, especially since the issue is of a major concern of many foscam users !!
thanks.....
dannyo

Postby stansoltz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Hey, I have an FI9803P... after I installed the latest firmware which stopped the pings... I now have FOSCAM text overlay in the bottom right corner of my camera - I can't seen an option to disable it?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40832911/foscam.jpg
stansoltz

Postby larryak » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:27 pm

The FOSCAM overlay was introduced with the 2.23 firmware. The 2.33 firmware that went out a few days later (for C1, others) does NOT have it. Go figure. Anyway, there does not appear to be a way to turn it off.
larryak

Postby stansoltz » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:39 pm

larryak wrote:The FOSCAM overlay was introduced with the 2.23 firmware. The 2.33 firmware that went out a few days later (for C1, others) does NOT have it. Go figure. Anyway, there does not appear to be a way to turn it off.

My FI9803P is only 2.23 - doesn't look like they posted version 2.33 :(
stansoltz

Postby larryak » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:48 pm

2.33 is for not for the 9803. I only mentioned it because it came out after 2.23 did but it didn't have the overlay. It seems that Foscam isn't sure about this whole overlay thing. Unless there is a technical reason why the C1 series can't do it.
larryak

Postby Santa » Sat May 14, 2016 11:23 am

I was just now planning to upgrade the new FW to my FI9826P V2 but now i read it has a logo overlay in FW 2.23 i'm now downloading :(

Again no solution to the telemetry problems because i don't want this logo in my pictures and video :roll:
Santa

Postby yvor » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:44 am

larryak wrote:The FOSCAM overlay was introduced with the 2.23 firmware. The 2.33 firmware that went out a few days later (for C1, others) does NOT have it. Go figure. Anyway, there does not appear to be a way to turn it off.

Even under Video settings, there is no way to disable this watermark? Why on earth would they hardcode an image overlay into a (security) camera? Kind of defeats the purpose of having the camera when the logo is obstructed a portion of the field of view...

Thanks for checking, still foregoing update until hardcoded image overlay issue gets sort out.
yvor

Postby drooler » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:07 am

I have F19804P camera and the dialing out to hosts problem is back. Noticed it when the router ram was issuing warning messages because of all of the sessions from the camera to overseas servers. My wife told me it was difficult to connect to our network for the last couple of days. That is why I checked the router - same problem as before. The camera establishes several sessions from source port 59932 to destination port 10001 for every camera causing excessive router ram usage and poor performance. The NAT table is flooded with unnecessary sessions.

I looked at the Foscam Chinese site and upgraded to the latest software for the F19804W camera verses my F19804P. The P version camera is not listed. Tech support told me previously the W and P version use the same camera firmware.

I followed the procedure a couple of times as directed by the instructions if the PIV version did NOT upgrade. It is still at 3.3.0.5 verses what the instructions specify at 3.1.0.9. My camera is working except for the host dialing out problem. Foscam had provided a patch for my F19821P V2 camera but it appears to not be fixed yet in this model.

Now camera firmware is at:

SFV 1.4.1.10
AFV 2.14.1.119
PIV 3.3.0.5

http://www.foscam.com/index.php/Home/index/signin.html

I bought all of my cameras from Foscam USA directly but they needed proof of purchase which was sent to them this morning before supporting me. I got tired of waiting for a reply so just used the Chinese site above and upgraded my camera thinking maybe a fix for the host dial out problem was released. Upgrading to latest level did not fix the problem. I will open a trouble ticket tomorrow with the Chinese support team since they fixed it last time in my other camera model with a patch.

I wonder if the new Amcrest cameras have this problem?

Regards.
drooler

Postby yvor » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:51 am

drooler wrote:I wonder if the new Amcrest cameras have this problem?

Foscam has known about this "P2P" issue since at least March of 2015. Here it is July 2016 and we are still facing the same problem (or one could upgrade their firmware to truly disable "P2P" functionality and GAIN a "Foscam" watermark on video streams). I am at a loss.

I have not been able to locate reports of Amcrest devices making outgoing requests to external hosts; though I am still searching and will update this post if new information is found.

EDIT: It appears as if the "P2P" issue was reported on this forum as early as November 2013. my-fi8910-is-talking-to-people-in-china-and-bulgaria-why-t7903.html
yvor

Previous

Return to Technical Support