Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Foscam Dialing Out to Suspect Hosts

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: Foscam Dialing Out to Suspect Hosts

Postby _1234567 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Wellwell, indeed, no one at Foscam seems to read this Forum ( or at leastm feels the need to give some real information).

drooler wrote:I was also going to forward all of my NAT table information with IP address destination information to an author that writes about IP camera security matters. Foscam needs to get a proper response on the matter before it makes headlines, IMO.

Did you manage to to this, and did you get any reaction from official reviewers? Indeed it might definitely help if some attention is given to this on some of the tech-websites.

I added a review comment to a local hardware review site stating that the camera has unwanted outgoing connections that cannot be switched off...
_1234567

Postby _1234567 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:24 pm

concerneduser wrote:
drooler wrote:Any ideas on a router that has these port filtering capabilities?

pfSense (https://pfsense.org) it is free, open-source, actively maintained and developed, and can run just about anything (FreeBSD can run on) from embedded devices to enterprise-grade hardware.

Thanks, I will also look into this.

I would also recommend looking at OpenWRT options.
https://openwrt.org/

It is opensource firmware that can be flashed on a large number of consumer grade routers.
You can use port filtering in this ( although right now I block all outgoing traffic to my camera).
OpenWRT gives much more control ( in my experience) than the regular firmware. DDwrt is supposed to to a similar job , but i have no experience with that.

Also, on OpenWRT you can use all kinds of linux tools, and for example write bash scripts to do stuff ( like monitoring the network traffic of your IP camera ;-) ).
_1234567

Postby ken52787 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:11 pm

For those with recent Asus routers, I've attached an image showing how to block these connections. Enjoy the little extra piece of mind :)

EDIT: This forum cuts off most of the picture. Right-click and open it in a new tab to see everything.
ken52787

Postby drooler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:09 am

I have not been able to get my F19804P (outdoor camera) to stay connected long enough to collect the NAT table information for outside security review. It is -12 degrees Fahrenheit here now going down to -20 and the outdoor camera does not seem to be able to handle this cold. Keep losing the Wi-Fi signal though the router is within 10 feet of the outside camera.

I will collect the NAT information on my F19821P V2 camera since it is indoors but has the same dialing out to suspect hosts problem as soon as port filtering is turned off.

Thanks everyone.
drooler

Postby RogerJP » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:13 am

drooler wrote:I have not been able to get my F19804P (outdoor camera) to stay connected long enough to collect the NAT table information for outside security review. It is -12 degrees Fahrenheit here now going down to -20 and the outdoor camera does not seem to be able to handle this cold. Keep losing the Wi-Fi signal though the router is within 10 feet of the outside camera.

I will collect the NAT information on my F19821P V2 camera since it is indoors but has the same dialing out to suspect hosts problem as soon as port filtering is turned off.

Thanks everyone.

This is significantly outside commercial ratings for storage, let alone operation. If these are expected conditions, expect product unreliability - and life shortening. Or buy an industrial temperature rated camera at serious money.
RogerJP

Postby ritchie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi to all,

I have just the same problem on my system. The camera's are creating around 2000 line in my firewall for each CAM every day.

To get ride of the so far for now I add the following lines in my IPTABLE Configuration, to drop them before getting into the log file.

Code: Select all
# block servers of FOSCAM
       /sbin/iptables -A CUSTOMFORWARD -i blue0 -s <FOSCAM IP> -d 50.19.254.134 -p tcp -j DROP
       /sbin/iptables -A CUSTOMFORWARD -i blue0 -s <FOSCAM IP> -d 46.137.188.54 -p tcp -j DROP
       /sbin/iptables -A CUSTOMFORWARD -i blue0 -s <FOSCAM IP> -d 74.125.31.99 -p tcp -j DROP
       /sbin/iptables -A CUSTOMFORWARD -i blue0 -s <FOSCAM IP> -d 61.188.37.216 -p tcp -j DROP

And for sure, I have disabled all functions of DYN, P2P, etc.. in the cameras and there have the actual firmware installed.

The CAMs are using the port 80/443 for controlling.

Best regards

R.
ritchie

Postby concerneduser » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:22 pm

drooler wrote:It is -12 degrees Fahrenheit here now going down to -20 and the outdoor camera does not seem to be able to handle this cold.

There are camera heaters and heated camera housings that address this issue. Here are a couple links

http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/CCTV-Came ... -601hb.htm

http://www.cctvgold.com/Arecont-MD-1HK- ... p_722.html

It may take a little research, or maybe even a little elbow grease, but this issue sounds easy to resolve.
concerneduser

Postby drooler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Thanks for the camera warmer urls. Camera specs indicate operation is down to -4F so pushing -20 was pushing it. LOL. Camera is not losing signal at about -6F. :D
drooler

Postby drooler » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:24 pm

_1234567 wrote:Wellwell, indeed, no one at Foscam seems to read this Forum ( or at leastm feels the need to give some real information).

drooler wrote:I was also going to forward all of my NAT table information with IP address destination information to an author that writes about IP camera security matters. Foscam needs to get a proper response on the matter before it makes headlines, IMO.

Did you manage to to this, and did you get any reaction from official reviewers? Indeed it might definitely help if some attention is given to this on some of the tech-websites.

I added a review comment to a local hardware review site stating that the camera has unwanted outgoing connections that cannot be switched off...

FYI - this problem thread has hit at least two other IP camera forums and is now on Amazon under F19821 p v2 camera reviews. Here is the url:

http://www.amazon.com/review/RFM7GAPVPH ... N1XPG6RJVR
drooler

Postby dannyo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Thanks again for updated info that MORE users experience the same issue. Yes, the cameras work well and as advertised but this issue needs resolution from Foscam.....I have a need to add another camera and have received Foscam.us offer code "Old for New" but will hold off with purchase. I along with others have submitted their requests for log files and with IP security concerns being paramount today I feel the response is lacking!
dannyo

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support