Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Foscam FI8910W WiFi does not work

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Foscam FI8910W WiFi does not work

Postby rrkunwar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 pm

I have two Foscam FI8910W (Black) cameras. When i connect the camera to my belking 54g modem i can see the IP address in the camera tool and I can get to the login page and the camera works. However; when i take the wire out, i do not see the IP address in the IP camera tool and I cannot reach the login page. The green light at the back of the camera blinks slowly and I can't get to the login page.

I have since then tried to reset the wifi per the manual. I have rebooted the camera but I still cannot get to the login page or see anything on my mobile device.
rrkunwar

Re: Foscam FI8910W WiFi does not work

Postby rrkunwar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Also this issue started after i have been using the camera for 6 months in the wi fi mode. My 2nd camera worked for a month and then stopped working and I did not look to fix the issue because i did not need to use it. Now both cameras are not working due to the wi fi issue.

Please help!
rrkunwar

Postby rrkunwar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:05 pm

after going through numerous posts, simple firmware fix did the trick. My foscam model # started with VNT so i upgraded the firmware 11.2x.2.xx
rrkunwar

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm

rrkunwar wrote:after going through numerous posts, simple firmware fix did the trick. My foscam model # started with VNT so i upgraded the firmware 11.2x.2.xx

rrkunwar wrote:Also this issue started after i have been using the camera for 6 months in the wi fi mode. My 2nd camera worked for a month and then stopped working and I did not look to fix the issue because i did not need to use it. Now both cameras are not working due to the wi fi issue.

Please help!

For others: It's very important to mention IF you have upgraded firmware for a camera, when you say that the camera was working fine and now it's not working with wireless.

There is no way to determine if firmware is involved in the problem, if there is no mention that it was changed.

This is very clearly mentioned at the top of the forum, in the Technical area:

http://foscam.us/forum/new-firmware-version-for-mjpg-cameras-t2702.html

So, if you updated the firmware and are having wireless problems, please mention that.

Also, it's always a good idea to write down your current firmware version prior to doing any firmware upgrade, as well.

Don
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Return to Technical Support