Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Foscam IP Address (wired) 404 Not Found

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Foscam IP Address (wired) 404 Not Found

Postby thumpeross » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:04 am

I recently upgraded the firmware on my foscam and ever since the IP address of the camera when wired just says "404 Not Found"

Any ideas on how to fix?
thumpeross

Re: Foscam IP Address (wired) 404 Not Found

Postby Victor » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 am

Does your camera behaves normally if you downgrade back the firmware to what it was before?
Victor

Postby thumpeross » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:22 am

How do I do that? I cannot get into it at all.....
thumpeross

Postby Victor » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Have you upgraded with the correct firmware version for your camera?
see this link: firmware-download-t976.html?hilit=firmware%20update#p4238

I know the answer is not of too much help in fixing your problem but at least you know if you updated with the right software.
Victor

Postby Victor » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Maybe the old IP address of your camera changed (was set to a default one).
Have you tried to automatically detect the new IP of your camera using a software called IP Camera Installation Tool that comes on the camera installation CD?

For instance if you run an Ethernet cable between your camera and the network card of your computer and launch "IP Camera Installation Tool (IP Camera Finder)" then this software should detect your camera and display, amongst others, the IP address of you camera, even if it changed.
Victor

Postby thumpeross » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. I finally worked out that I upgraded the firmware on the camera, but once I did that I could not update the UI. There is no way to do this on the mac from what I can tell. I powered up parrallels and used the IP tool to upgrade the web UI and it worked!
thumpeross

Postby Diver4242 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:48 am

I am having this problem as well. What do you mean by " I powered up parrallels and used the IP tool to upgrade the web UI and it worked!"

What is parrllels? I prefer to do my own config rather than using the software that comes with the camera. I know how to configure the networking stuff, I'm an IT tech. I tried resetting the camera via the small port on the bottom, etc. Nothing seems to fix the 404, it happened after I installed the .59 system firmware and was attempting the .12 web ui upgrade. FI8910W that I had just received via RMA replacement.
Diver4242

Return to General Discussion