Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam H.264 Cameras

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam FI9821W Camera

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Added 2 more Live Demos. Showing multiple Cameras at the same time. These are two simple examples.

There are many more ways to easily do this, with this Interface, for the private, controlled or public viewing and/or controlling of your cameras.

The same camera for demonstration purposes, is being used to represent multiple cameras in these Live Demos, but they normally would be different cameras. A default of 1 FPS ("Frames Per Second") rate is being used to control bandwidth. This is an Interface configurable option that does not change your actual camera configuration. These Live Demos maybe slow due to how many viewers, are accessing them, at that moment. There is a five minute limit on all Live Demos.

Here is one example of showing two cameras at the same time. The left having PTZ ("Pan/Tilt/Zoom") controls, the right having no controls.

You can move the center pane, in the window, to the left or to the right, at any time, to expand or contract the view of a camera, when/if needed:

http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/cam ... BySide.htm

You could use the above method, intentionally, for the same camera and have Infinite Zoom enabled for both panes. This would allow you to be zooming in one window pane, while still seeing the total camera frame of view in the other window pane ("As to not miss anything while also zooming") at the same time and be able to move the camera, while doing so, from either window pane, if PTZ controls were enabled in both window panes. While also being able to move the center pane to expand or contract the view based on you needs, at any given moment in time.

After all. If you are ("Zoomed In") on one bad guy on or near your property and 2 or 3 of his buddies walked into the cameras frame of view. Normally, you might not notice that, because you lost the cameras total frame of view, while zooming. Now you can avoid that, from ever happening.

Example: This Live Demo camera, is located in the Houston TX office of Foscam.us. If you were to "Zoom In" on any given person, in that room, at any given moment, during a business time. Most likely you might not notice others walking and moving, in that very same room, without also having the ability to see the cameras total frame of view available to you, while doing so, at the very same moment in time. Try it! Using the Live Demo above or below.

So, as you can see. These methods, can also be used for one camera, as well as multiple cameras. This proves that your cameras are not destined to remain like the mythical Cyclops creatures.

Yes, your camera CAN in fact, be looking in more than one place, at the very same moment in time, with the same camera, dynamically and in real-time without compromising your cameras configuration settings for position, alarms, snapshots or video recording settings.

A 640 Pixel width was used for the above Live Demo. You can configure the size to your needs or use the default camera size as well.

This is an example of displaying more than two cameras on a web page. In this case, there are four cameras displayed.

http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/cam ... ebPage.htm

A 350 Pixel width was used for the above. You can configure the size to your needs or use the default camera size as well.

In the above example. As you make the browser window smaller, the cameras will display stacked, one on top of the other.

The top two cameras show PTZ controls and different Operator Level User Id configuration options for the Interface.

The bottom two cameras show no PTZ controls and different Visitor Level User Id Controls.

Both cameras on the left have Infinite Zoom enabled. So if you left-click on the cameras images on the left, they will zoom 50 percent each time you left-click, which is a configurable percentage. To reset the view to normal, simply double-left click on the image.

Both cameras on the right, have Infinite Zoom disabled.

To do things like this, with this free Interface is actually very simple. You simply create a copy of the Interface for each camera. Then you configure those copies of the Interface, for each camera. Then you create an IFrame for each camera.

You can right click on any camera image, in the Live Demos above, to see the Interfaces HTML source code, for each camera that was defined. You can choose the view source menu option from your browser to see the IFrame HTML source code for the entire page.

What's important to remember, is that these web pages can be viewed by you, or anyone you allow, using any Internet browser capable device, that is running any Operating System, that is using any browser. Without EVER requiring any software to be purchased, plugins or any additional software to be installed, to do so.

Additionally and very important as well. This Interface does not use a formal connection to the cameras. This means you will never hit a maximum concurrent camera connection limit, that virtually all other camera software will do at some point. Including the standard camera interface that comes with the camera as well as most 3rd party camera software. When or if this limit is reached, connection requests to a camera, will be denied or refused. This also means that this Interface will not be tying up a connection to the camera, leaving all possible concurrent connections available for use.

Link back to other Live Demos and the link to download your own free copy of this Interface:

free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-fi9821w-cameras-t4341.html#p20338

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby bismuth » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 am

do you think this interface would really work on FI9802W ? I have one and i've got the blank page (local network, user operator and connection ok with a webbrowser). Firmware is 1.2.1.1 and App firmware 1.4.1.9, i don't know if the latest for FI9821W is compatible ? Thank's
bismuth

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:55 am

bismuth wrote:do you think this interface would really work on FI9802W ? I have one and i've got the blank page (local network, user operator and connection ok with a webbrowser). Firmware is 1.2.1.1 and App firmware 1.4.1.9, i don't know if the latest for FI9821W is compatible ? Thank's

You are very welcome.

No. It will not ("At the moment").

A new firmware release was released for the FI9821W that supports MJPEG snapshots and video streams. Some newer camera models have not yet had a newer firmware release to support same.

Because of this. Different versions of this free Interface have been created:

FI9820W and older Foscam H.264 based IP Camera Models:

free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-ip-h-264-cameras-t2686.html#p11906

All Foscam MJPEG Based IP Cameras Version:

free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-ip-mjpeg-cameras-t2522.html#p10970

This version for the FI9821W ("As well as other newer H.264 based IP Camera models, once those models, have newer firmware versions released"):

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby ollemj » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 am

This Generic Broser Interface appears to be what I have been looking for to view Foscam FI9821W on Samsung Smart TV Web Browser. I am having difficult time downloading. Anything that You can do to help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
ollemj

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:03 pm

ollemj wrote:This Generic Broser Interface appears to be what I have been looking for to view Foscam FI9821W on Samsung Smart TV Web Browser. I am having difficult time downloading. Anything that You can do to help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You are very welcome.

What happens when you try to download a copy to customize for yourself. More details please.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby markocasio » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:22 pm

A newbie question: How can I make this work in my iPhone? also, how can I share this Genetic Browser Interface like in Facebook so my friends can just click on and view my Cam? I do have the FI9821W with the latest version of firmware. Thank you in advance!
markocasio

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:10 am

markocasio wrote:A newbie question: How can I make this work in my iPhone? also, how can I share this Genetic Browser Interface like in Facebook so my friends can just click on and view my Cam? I do have the FI9821W with the latest version of firmware. Thank you in advance!

1. You could customize a copy of the Interface with your changes for your cameras and email it in an email to yourself as an attachment.

You could then access that email from the device(s) of your choice and access the attachment and also download and save the attachment on the device in question.

2. if you have a web site or a blog, or somewhere else, where you can store photos and other things. You can save a copy there and use links to that location, for controlled or public access in emails, posts or social media sites.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby riiken » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 am

The page doesn't seem to load for me: http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/cam ... c21VI0.htm

Anyone else having that issue? Viewing it in Chrome - Mac.
riiken

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:32 am

riiken wrote:The page doesn't seem to load for me: http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/cam ... c21VI0.htm

That link is NOT a link to a demo camera. In fact, it's a link to the copy of the Interface you should download, save and customize for your camera.

If you wish to see the Live Demos, please return here:

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby riiken » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:
riiken wrote:The page doesn't seem to load for me: http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/cam ... c21VI0.htm

That link is NOT a link to a demo camera. In fact, it's a link to the copy of the Interface you should download, save and customize for your camera.

If you wish to see the Live Demos, please return here:

Don

Ah makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
riiken

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion