Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam H.264 Cameras

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam FI9821W Camera

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

neverfollow wrote:Call me crazy but the first time I saw that post there was only the description. Did you edit your post? Either way thanks

Yesterday. When I created the post. I needed to do so without a link to the Interface. This is because the Live Demos actually have a link back to this post. Which of course required the post be created to be able to create a link to.

That said. The download link was placed into the post about 10 minutes after the initial post was created. So, it's possible that you saw the topic as soon as it was created.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby neverfollow » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:33 pm

I could use a little help here. I downloaded the link, opened it in text edit, changed the ip address and the login info and saved it. When I open it in a browser all I see is a blank white page.
neverfollow

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:57 pm

neverfollow wrote:I could use a little help here. I downloaded the link, opened it in text edit, changed the ip address and the login info and saved it. When I open it in a browser all I see is a blank white page.

Do you have the latest firmware for the camera? New features were added to support these methods:

http://foscam.us/forum/new-firmware-for-fi9821w-released-version-1-1-1-10-t4326.html

Your changes should have values like this depending on if you are setting up the Interface for local or remote access:

Examples:

For Remote Access
Code: Select all
var IPandPort = "xxxxxx.myfoscam.org:94";
var user = "operator";
var pwd  = "operator";

For Local Only Access
var IPandPort = "192.168.1.114:94";
var user = "operator";
var pwd  = "operator";

The above values are the only required changes. All other values can be left at default values and/or changed later.

So. You should not be using any leading http:// or www. in the IPandPort configuration option. As you can see the port, is also included for the camera.

The user and pwd fields must be valid for the camera as well.

Another way to verify that you are in fact using valid values. Is to try this in a browser window. You should see a snapshot from the camera, if everything is correct:

Legend

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = Local IP Address from within your local network or ISP IP Address or DDNS.
#### = Port for Camera.
UserName = Valid User Id for the Camera.
Password = Valid Password for the User Id Above.

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:####/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=UserName&pwd=Password

Note: The above is 1 line, with no spaces. The forum breaks the above line into 2 lines when displaying it. The information in the above line is also case sensitive as well.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby neverfollow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:08 am

I finally did it!!!!!! I've been trying so many things to get this working on my computer.

Don you are the man!!
neverfollow

Postby mildavidec » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Good !!!

but it's working only with administrator user.
I try it with other users with visitor or operator privilage but doesn't work.

I'm the only one with this problem ?
mildavidec

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm

mildavidec wrote:Good !!!

but it's working only with administrator user.
I try it with other users with visitor or operator privilage but doesn't work.

I'm the only one with this problem ?

Not sure what you are saying. That said. It has been tested to work with all User Level Ids. Of course the User Id must be present in the cameras.

Additionally. If you use a Visitor User Id, PTZ controls will not work. Even if you configure them in the Interface to be displayed.

It should be noted that even the Live Demos are using an Operator User Level Id.

Another way to verify that you are in fact using valid values. Is to try this in a browser window. You should see a snapshot from the camera, if everything is correct:

Legend

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = Local IP Address from within your local network or ISP IP Address or DDNS.
#### = Port for Camera.
UserName = Valid User Id for the Camera.
Password = Valid Password for the User Id Above.

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:####/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=UserName&pwd=Password

Note: The above is 1 line, with no spaces. The forum breaks the above line into 2 lines when displaying it. The information in the above line is also case sensitive as well.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby vijv » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:56 pm

I could also need a little help.

If I blank out the user and password in your script no popup appears.
If tested with an operator account the video will show, so the camera is connectable.
Upgraded the firmware and tested all your suggestions above, they all work, but still no popup appears when login settings are blanked out.

Three other cams are working fine with your other script.

Running on win8 with IE10.
www.vijv.eu/cam/cam.htm

btw, thanks for the good job. while waiting for Foscam to support Synology devices and WP8, this is a very nice workaround.
vijv

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm

vijv wrote:I could also need a little help.

If I blank out the user and password in your script no popup appears.
If tested with an operator account the video will show, so the camera is connectable.
Upgraded the firmware and tested all your suggestions above, they all work, but still no popup appears when login settings are blanked out.

Three other cams are working fine with your other script.

Running on win8 with IE10.
http://www.vijv.eu/cam/cam.htm

btw, thanks for the good job. while waiting for Foscam to support Synology devices and WP8, this is a very nice workaround.

You are very welcome. Yes I wanted people to be able to use any browser capable device they may need to access their cameras ASAP.

Additional logic will need to be added because the .cgi interface to these cameras is XML based, unlike cameras in the past.

The current version, does not support prompt-for-logon. So a valid camera User Id and Password, must be included when configuring the Interface. This can be a Operator or Visitor User Level Id. I suggest never using an Admin Level User Id.

It should be noted that by changing the password for the User Id being used by the Interface, or deleting the User Id being used by the Interface, the Interface will become disabled unless/until that is changed. So, one could create a camera User Id, specifically to be used by this interface, and disable it if/when needed, using the methods above, with no impact to other camera User Ids.

An Operator User Level Id can use PTZ ("Pan/Tilt/Zoom") camera controls with the interface. A Visitor User Level Id cannot use PTZ controls with the Interface. Even if those PTZ controls are enabled using the Interface configuration options.

You can disable PTZ controls using the Interface configuration options, even when using a camera User Level Id of Operator as well.

The Interface also supports configuration options for an Internal FPS ("Frames Per Second") rate selection, FPS and BPS ("Bytes Per Second") statistics as well as Infinite zoom. Which works with both Operator and Visitor camera User Level Ids, that each can be disabled/enabled independently of each other as well as the Interfaces PTZ configuration option of PTZ controls being enabled or disabled for the Interface.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby vijv » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Confusing, the help text in your script says otherwise.
One of the 9821 cams is located in my living room, so open it up is not an option. Will there be support for login in the near future?
vijv

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:39 pm

vijv wrote:Confusing, the help text in your script says otherwise.
One of the 9821 cams is located in my living room, so open it up is not an option. Will there be support for login in the near future?

Yes. How soon, not sure. But the intent is to add a prompt for logon option, in a future release.

More testing is required because the .cgi interface for the cameras are using an XML Interface. The primary goal of this Interface is to work with ANY Internet Browser capable device, running any Operating System, using any browser. So more extensive testing needs to take place to make sure that the methods used to interface to the XML responses can be processed properly, by any and all devices. So the prompt-for-logon logic was pulled at the last minute and the comments about it currently being supported, were left by mistake.

This was done to get the initial release, 1.0 out ASAP. Since AFAIK, there is no other Free Interface available, that currently supports these camera models, from any Internet Browser capable device.

Don
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion