Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam H.264 Cameras

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam FI9821W Camera

Postby vijv » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Ok, i'll just disable my in house cam for the moment and standby for any future updates of your script.

Again, thanks for all the work we've been taking advantage of :)
vijv

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:54 pm

vijv wrote:Ok, i'll just disable my in house cam for the moment and standby for any future updates of your script.

Again, thanks for all the work we've been taking advantage of :)

You are very welcome.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby neverfollow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:08 pm

The next issue for me is the FPS is way way low. I have never been able to get above 2.40fps. I am running wireless right now, If I did ethernet do you think the fps would increase to say 20 or 30 ?
neverfollow

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:37 pm

neverfollow wrote:The next issue for me is the FPS is way way low. I have never been able to get above 2.40fps. I am running wireless right now, If I did ethernet do you think the fps would increase to say 20 or 30 ?

While you may get over the current FPS rate you are seeing wirelessly when using a wired connection to the camera. Currently, due to the default size of the image ("There currently is no way to make it be sent smaller, from the camera.") 1280*720. It's currently, unlikely that you can reach that high of a FPS rate as things stand, with the current firmware release.

Hopefully soon, much like the MJPEG cameras, you will be able to select the resolution you wish the camera to send vs. being stuck with only a 1280*720 resolution.

So, currently while the Interface allows you to present the camera images at the resolution of your choice. It still is receiving images over 50,000 Bytes big from the camera itself, for each image received vs. as an example, as the MJPEG cameras support today, the ability to select the resolution sent from the camera 160*120 (+- 2,270 Bytes per image), 320*240 (+- 6,100 Bytes per image) or 640*480 (+- 17,300 Bytes per image) or other resolutions.

Because the images are currently so large. It takes longer to complete the sending of each image and of course requires much more bandwidth to complete the sending of an image. Especially, in cases where the camera is in wireless mode and/or the receiving device is in wireless mode.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby RonnieMoore » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:16 pm

TheUberOverLord

Nice interface.

What syntax would have to be sent to the camera to make it go to a previously defined preset position? Default is the name of my preset.

I tried adding a button with the code below with no success.
<button type="button" onTouchStart="decoder_control_2(ptzGotoPresetPoint&name=Default)" onTouchEnd="decoder_control_2('ptzStopRun')" onMouseDown="decoder_control_2(ptzGotoPresetPoint&name=Default)" onMouseUp="decoder_control_2('ptzStopRun')">&#8594;&#8592;</button>

Regards
Ronnie Moore
RonnieMoore

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:42 pm

RonnieMoore wrote:TheUberOverLord

Nice interface.

What syntax would have to be sent to the camera to make it go to a previously defined preset position? Default is the name of my preset.

I tried adding a button with the code below with no success.
<button type="button" onTouchStart="decoder_control_2(ptzGotoPresetPoint&name=Default)" onTouchEnd="decoder_control_2('ptzStopRun')" onMouseDown="decoder_control_2(ptzGotoPresetPoint&name=Default)" onMouseUp="decoder_control_2('ptzStopRun')">&#8594;&#8592;</button>

Regards
Ronnie Moore

Thanks for the kind words.

This can be a little tricky. Since the preset must have been added for use first. Which can be done using the standard camera interface under the menu:

PTZ -> Preset Settings

Have you read the current .cgi SDK for this camera? If not, it's located here:

http://foscam.us/forum/cgi-sdk-for-fi9821w-fi9801w-fi9802w-t4010.html

Page 21 of the manual has ptzGotoPresetPoint which is what you are looking for to do this, with this camera model.

Note: You can also query what presets are being currently supported by a camera, but you will need to use XML to process the query response, to do so.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby RonnieMoore » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks, I got it.
RonnieMoore

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 pm

RonnieMoore wrote:Thanks, I got it.

You are very welcome.

Glad to help.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby RonnieMoore » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:29 pm

The preset locations seem to walk as if there may be a rounding error that gradually gets larger and larger. Any idea how the camera actually stores the preset locations and is there anyway to compensate or correct with an offset?
RonnieMoore

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 pm

RonnieMoore wrote:The preset locations seem to walk as if there may be a rounding error that gradually gets larger and larger. Any idea how the camera actually stores the preset locations and is there anyway to compensate or correct with an offset?

Personally, I usually go to center with the camera, then set presets from there, so that the preset started from the center position. Not that this should be required, but it seems to have less drift when stating from the center position and then setting the preset.

I will need to do some testing to verify this. To see if this is a bug or not or simply drift.

Sadly. There is no way to query what the current x/y camera positions are.

Don
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion