Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam H.264 Cameras

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam FI9821W Camera

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:08 am

riiken wrote:
TheUberOverLord wrote:
riiken wrote:The page doesn't seem to load for me: http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/cam ... c21VI0.htm

Anyone else having that issue? Viewing it in Chrome - Mac.

That link is NOT a link to a demo camera. In fact, it's a link to the copy of the Interface you should download, save and customize for your camera.

If you wish to see the Live Demos, please return here:

free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-fi9821w-cameras-t4341.html#p20338

Don

Ah makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

You are very welcome. Glad to help.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby iLikeWaffles » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Hey this is pretty cool. It works on my PC, but when I email it to myself and try to open the attachment on my android phone it opens it in an HTML viewer not the browser. Any ideas how I can get my phone to open it?
iLikeWaffles

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 pm

iLikeWaffles wrote:Hey this is pretty cool. It works on my PC, but when I email it to myself and try to open the attachment on my android phone it opens it in an HTML viewer not the browser. Any ideas how I can get my phone to open it?

Thanks.

Depending on the device in question.

You may need to save a copy of the email attachment, on the device, Such as an SD card, as one example. To open it properly. It depends on how the device in question treats and opens email attachments.

Once properly saved on the device. You should even be able to create a shortcut, to the saved file. To be able to execute it immediately.

Point being. Even if you don't have access to your normal devices. You can in fact access your cameras, using any Internet browser, capable device, at any time. By simply accessing your email, from that device and you will ALWAYS be able to gain access to your cameras.

Even in emergencies. When your camera refuses and denies your request. Including the standard interface that comes with the camera as well as many, if not most, other 3rd party applications. Because you have exceeded the maximum, of 4 concurrent connections to a camera.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby iLikeWaffles » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:21 am

So to make it work on an android phone this is what you have to do:

1. Download the .htm file to your phone and remember the location. In my case I downloaded it to root of the sd card and renamed it webcam.htm.
2. Go into the browser and type file://sdcard/webcam.htm

That will do the trick. You can then bookmark the page.
iLikeWaffles

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:40 pm

iLikeWaffles wrote:So to make it work on an android phone this is what you have to do:

1. Download the .htm file to your phone and remember the location. In my case I downloaded it to root of the sd card and renamed it webcam.htm.
2. Go into the browser and type file://sdcard/webcam.htm

That will do the trick. You can then bookmark the page.

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain how to do this.

I am sure it will help many others, now and in the future.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby iLikeWaffles » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:17 am

I have an unrelated question for ya...

Does the camera use internet bandwidth when not being accessed by any application?

I noticed on your generic browser interface it displays the rate at the top. I assume I am only using internet bandwidth if I am accessing the camera from the outside.

My screen showed a rate of 60kb/s. If I access the camera 24/7 for a month we’re talking about 16 Gigabytes of bandwidth. Does this sound right?
iLikeWaffles

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 am

iLikeWaffles wrote:I have an unrelated question for ya...

Does the camera use internet bandwidth when not being accessed by any application?

I noticed on your generic browser interface it displays the rate at the top. I assume I am only using internet bandwidth if I am accessing the camera from the outside.

My screen showed a rate of 60kb/s. If I access the camera 24/7 for a month we’re talking about 16 Gigabytes of bandwidth. Does this sound right?

If nothing is accessing the camera for video/audio, from inside or outside of your network. Then the camera is not sending audio/video data. Besides sending any alarm notifications, such as emails or images on alarm via FTP.

The camera does update the DDNS once a minute, if it's active. It also will sync with any remote time syncing that you have setup and configured. But, these do not use, a large amount of data.

Yes. you can use a lot of ISP bandwidth in one month, with a camera. When accessing audio/video remotely, from outside of your local network.

If camera audio/video is being accessed, from outside of your network 24/7. Even more if more than one source is or could be using video/audio data 24/7.

The rate displayed in the Interfaces, is the actual Bps ("Bytes Per Second") being used to attempt to reach whatever FPS selection you have chosen.

Here is an example of a version of the Interface, that calculates total bytes used, over a 30 day period, based on the selected FPS rate. Which you can change, but defaults to 1. While you will never reach 30 FPS, with the cameras default resolution. You should set the FPS rate below, to 30 FPS, to see the maximum number of bytes use, in the link below. The statistics, default to a refresh/update rate, of once every 5 seconds. Which can be changed as well if you download your own copy, of this example.

Note: There currently is no resolution selection ability when pulling images from this camera. So the default image resolution is displayed and used in this example.

You MUST use a IE ("Internet Explorer") based browser, to see the 30 day real-time calculations produced by the example below:

http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/cam ... yStats.htm

You can "Right-Click" on the link above, then do a "Save Target As" to save a copy of the above example. Then Edit/Replace the IP and user configuration information, with your camera information. To use the above example. With your cameras.

The "Infinite Zoom" feature of the Interface. Has no impact on Bps rates. This is because, it's done internally in the Interface and does not cause or use any additional bandwidth, to provide this feature.

Please also remember that the above totals are based on one user, 24/7 over this 30 day period. You would need to multiply the above results for concurrent users.

As you can see. This also allows you to see how many bytes could be used by a devices data plan, not just a ISP interface.

You could also record video/audio from the camera to a file. Analyze the bytes in that file for the recording time. To see how many more Bps, you would be using, if you were using full motion video vs. this Interface. Which would be much more.

This is another reason why this Interface has FPS control. So that you can force a default FPS and also allow that default FPS rate to be dynamically changed, if you choose, as needed, in real-time.

This allows you to control ISP bandwidth as well as any devices data plan bandwidth dynamically, to avoid reaching any maximum limits. Which could be additional costs to you or cause an account to be suspended when those limits are reached.

Also. Here is a post that contains information, on how to calculate bandwidth usage. For both MJPEG and H.264 video formats:

free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-ip-mjpeg-cameras-t2522-10.html#p11577

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby clchew » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:15 am

This interface is really great and thank you. Why arent you allowing admin controls on this interface like you have them on the mjpeg version? I would like to have more controls over the camera than just the PTZ.
clchew

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:18 am

clchew wrote:This interface is really great and thank you. Why arent you allowing admin controls on this interface like you have them on the mjpeg version? I would like to have more controls over the camera than just the PTZ.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes. There are plans to add many additional features to this interface, including Admin functions.

This camera series, has a different interface method. It has an XML based interface. This complicates extending it. Because there are many more cross-domain issues to deal with, when using a browser.

Such as retrieving the current User Id level, to be able to determine if that User Id level, should be making this or that request, and be allowed to have access to the current camera configuration details.

That said.

Methods are being worked on, so that the primary purpose of this Interface, remains in place. Which is, that it can and does work with any browser capable device, from Computers to Tablets and Phones and TVs. That is running on Any Operating System, using any browser.

There is an additional function that these free Interfaces provide, that is not so, easily seen. That is, that they are not restricted to the maximum of four concurrent formally logged in connections. Which is also important that this feature is maintained as well.

Other Interfaces, such as the standard camera interface that comes with this camera series, video streams directly from the camera as well as many, if not most 3rd party camera applications, use these formal logged in connections. Any combination, of the above, that causes and reaches this maximum of four limit. Will cause all future requests, for a formal logged in connnection, to be denied or refused by the camera. Until one of those four connections becomes free.

Reaching this limit. Can and will cause, you the camera owner, to be locked out of accessing your camera. These Interfaces avoid any maximum limit.

The MJPEG version of this Interface, in fact, allows you to reboot the camera, to force these tied up connections to close. So, that you can, once again access your camera, that your were locked-out from.

Some 3rd party camera applications, have recovery logic, that may simply re-create those connections, once the camera come back online from a reboot. But it's worth the try, to try and regain access to a camera, that you maybe locked-out from, as the camera owner.

This same reboot ability, will be added to this version of the Interface, in the future. As it currently is supported, in the MJPEG version of this Interface, as an Admin function.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby clchew » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:48 am

Thank you Don. Looking forward to your future versions. :)
clchew

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion