Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam IP MJPEG Cameras

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam IP MJPEG Came

Postby nolmt60243 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:52 pm

I had sent an email to the yahoo account posted in the text.

I can't seem to get the camera to view on my clients site: http://www.southwestscenic.com/camera.html#

I am using the FI8910W camera, which uses the MJPEG compression, and used the MJPEG interface from GenericBIV15.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
nolmt60243

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:06 pm

nolmt60243 wrote:I had sent an email to the yahoo account posted in the text.

I can't seem to get the camera to view on my clients site: http://www.southwestscenic.com/camera.html#

I am using the FI8910W camera, which uses the MJPEG compression, and used the MJPEG interface from GenericBIV15.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

You are very welcome.

Please remove the "/" in your configuration:

var IPandPort = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:##/";

Should be:

var IPandPort = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:##";

Note: I never received any email from you, so I would check to see where you sent it.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby nolmt60243 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:02 am

Don,

That worked wonderfully! Thank you very much for the help!

Jason
nolmt60243

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:17 pm

nolmt60243 wrote:Don,

That worked wonderfully! Thank you very much for the help!

Jason

You are very welcome. Glad to help.

Just so you know, your mootools.js is having many errors, which is causing a delay in the web page to finish loading. You can see this when using, as one example, the IE JavaScript Debugger:

Your Web page, with the camera: http://www.southwestscenic.com/camera.html

Also, I noticed you left the timeout for Visitors in place, but no jump page. For the timeout to work to go to another web page, after x time, you will need to enter a web page to go to when the timeout takes place. If that's what you want to do?

Example:

var VisitorTimeout = "300000";
var VisitorJumpPage = "http://www.southwestscenic.com";

Now, when 5 minutes are up ("Timeout is in Milliseconds") Visitors watching the camera page, will jump to your home page automatically. Of course, it could be any web page to jump to. This is just an example.

That all said. Very nice web page.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:48 am

Would anyone want Admin functions added to these interfaces to be able to do Admin functions from any internet browser capable device using any browser.

Currently, Operator and Visitor functions are supported.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby philelmo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Does this code work for IE then? My clients can view the videostream.cgi no problem on chrome/firefox, but of course can't do it with IE, so for now I've just created a link to the backend for guests to enter using the guest login. Is it possible to do a videostream to IE? I don't mind security issues for my cameras, but they definitely need to see live video instead of the frame by frame. Thanks in advance

javaman wrote:Nevermind, figured out my own answer. videostream.cgi needs a proper boundary and the builtin PHP functions (readfile, fopen, etc) loop without respecting this, so I used CURL

Code: Select all
<?php
header('Content-type: image/jpeg');
header('Content-type: multipart/x-mixed-replace; boundary=ipcamera');
while (@ob_end_clean());
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'http://10.0.2.223:8081/videostream.cgi?user=visitor&pwd=mypassword&rate=9');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
$output = curl_exec($ch);
echo $output;
curl_close($ch);
?>
philelmo

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 am

There is a maximum of 4 viewers using a streaming method at the same time for a given camera. This is because a maximum of 4 can be logged into any given camera, at one time. So you would not be able to support more than 4 simultaneous viewers of your camera, using your methods. Whereas, this interface has no such maximum limit.

Even if this limit seems at first to be acceptable to you.It might not be when 4 viewers are currently viewing your camera and you can't logon to the camera to view/control/configure your own camera because of that. So you can in fact, lock yourself out of your own camera, using your methods.

Whereas, this interface, never formally logs into the camera ("When using the automatic-logon configuration option"). Each request to the camera from this interface, is then done, on a per request by request basis.

This makes sure that you as the camera owner that allows a camera to be publicly accessible, can always access your camera, using other interfaces, including but not limited to the standard camera interface and other NAS like interfaces and not ever have those interfaces be refused/denied the ability to logon to your own camera.

There are no methods currently, for the MJPEG cameras to view video streams in IE minus using the ActiveX standard camera interface or the viewer having VLC or Quicktime already installed on their system.

It's also, very easy to exceed any ISP or a Hosting Service bandwidth monthly limits when you have a camera that is accessible to the public.

This is rarely talked about and is usually is only found out about, after your ISP or Hosting account has been suspended due to exceeding these limits. Even if you run your own web servers, you may need to deal with any ISP provider bandwidth limits that those servers use as their interface methods to the outside world.

Even if your camera is not publicly accessible, you may wish to access your camera from devices you have that may have limited data plans. In these cases, exceeding those limits can not only get your account suspended, but can cost you money when those limits are exceeded depending on your data plan agreement, for those devices.

Since this interface offers the ability to set fixed default FPS rates as well as allow changes to those rates via configurable options and on a User Level Id basis, you can use this interface at lower FPS rates yet increase the FPS rates at anytime and instantly without any need to restart the feed to a device, to be able to not exceed any data plan limits you may have with those devices.

There is a special version of this interface that has a Live Demo that shows what the total bytes used for a 30 day period would be at specific video resolutions and FPS ("Frames Per Second") rates:

See Special Version Here: free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-mjpeg-ptz-cameras-t2522-10.html#p11577

Note: The statistics provided by this special versions are for 1 viewer viewing your camera at a specific video resolution and FPS rate over a 30 day period 24/7. It's possible when a camera is public, that on average over that 30 day period, there could be more than 1 viewer, which would increase total bytes used by ("Bytes Used * Number of Average Viewers").

This is another reason why this interface has maximum FPS rates that are configurable on a User Level Id basis as well as allowing or not alllowing FPS rates to be changed on a User Level Id basis.

This interface also supports a timeout feature, that is a configurable option. Which can also help to limit total bytes used. You can set a time limit on how long any viewer is able to view a camera, this time limit can be set by User Id Level as well.

So, a Visitor User Id Level could have a 15 minute time limit, where the viewer is then sent to another web page. Whereas using the same copy of this interface, an Operator User Level Id might have a 1 hour timeout and a Admin User Id Level would never timeout. As one example.

Uncompressed MJPEG video is virtually frame by frame .jpg images, as far as bytes used goes. The above link also goes into this.

The primary goal of this interface was for this interface to be able to be used by any internet browser capable device that is using any Operating System and using any browser.

Secondary goals were to be able to support via configurable options, fixed/limited and/or low and high and instantly adjustable FPS rates as well as have many other configurable options which also include methods to control bandwidth usage by User Id Level as well as automatic logon or prompt-for-logon.

Even if you decide not to use this interface for a camera that is publicly accessible, you may wish to use this interface to access your cameras as an alternative method from any internet browser capable device that is using any operating system and any browser on an as needed basis.

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 21 times in total.
TheUberOverLord

Postby jwhynot » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:27 am

Dear Don
I just wanted to thank you for all your posts. I just received my cams and reading you posts and using your well thought out interface has enabled me to get the cams up and running easily and avoid some of the problems/pitfalls that I am sure I would have run into. Thank you for your time and enormous amount of work
Jim
jwhynot

Postby Flyer » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Where do I download the browser? I clicked on this link and came back to the beginning of this thread?

free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-mjpeg-ptz-cameras-t2522.html

Thanks
Flyer

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Flyer wrote:Where do I download the browser? I clicked on this link and came back to the beginning of this thread?

free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-mjpeg-ptz-cameras-t2522.html

Thanks

Instructions to download and save your own copy of the HTML code to configure for your needs ("Not a browser") are located in the first post where that link takes you, which is the top of this forum thread:

http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-mjpeg-ptz-cameras-t2522.html

Right at the paragraph, where it says "You can download the .htm version here".

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion