Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam IP MJPEG Cameras

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: Free Generic Browser Interface For Foscam IP MJPEG Came

Postby jungmc » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Ahhh, that's reassuring to know that it won't spam Active X warnings once it goes on a live web server. And thank you for the info about how to stack/arrange the cameras on the website. I'll be sure to refer my web dev to your links and demos. Thank you Don, you are a great resource. :D
jungmc

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 pm

jungmc wrote:Ahhh, that's reassuring to know that it won't spam Active X warnings once it goes on a live web server. And thank you for the info about how to stack/arrange the cameras on the website. I'll be sure to refer my web dev to your links and demos. Thank you Don, you are a great resource. :D

You are very welcome, glad to help.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Here is a better example of also being able to use this Interface to embed an unlimited number of cameras in/on a web page, besides the other things this Interface can be used for:

How it was done

One copy of the Interface was configured as a Visitor User Level Id and another copy of the Interface was configured as a Operator User Level Id. Both copies of the Interface are using the Interface auto-logon configuration option, each copy of the Interface are then referenced as an IFRAME in the main web page

You would simply create a copy of this Interface with your configuration options, for each camera and you can do the same for 1 to any number of cameras on/in any web page. The main web page HTML code, that is referencing the copies of this Interface, looks like this:

Code: Select all
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Embed Camera In Web Page Example for Generic Browser Interface For MJPEG IP Cameras</TITLE>
<META content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY STYLE="background-color:transparent" background="exotic-old-forest-1920x2560.jpg">
<center>
<iframe src="GenericBIV21ObjDataV160120.htm" width="184" height="148" frameborder="0" ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true"></iframe>
<iframe src="GenericBIV21ObjDataV160120.htm" width="184" height="148" frameborder="0" ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true"></iframe>
</center>
<div>
<iframe src="GenericBIV21ObjDataO160120.htm" width="430" height="184" frameborder="0" ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true"></iframe>
<br><br>
<center>
<a href="http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-ip-mjpeg-cameras-t2522.html" style="color:#fff">Click Here To Get Your Own Free Copy For Your Cameras</>
</center>
<iframe src="GenericBIV21ObjDataO160120.htm" width="430" height="184" frameborder="0" ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true"></iframe>
</div>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Note: The <BODY> statements in both copies of the Interface as well as the main page, was modified to add STYLE="background-color:transparent". Each IFRAME also has ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true" because of the background image displayed on/in the main web page:

Resolution for this live demo showing how to embed this Interface using multiple cameras in web pages, was set at a resolution of 160*120. Of course the resolution could also be configured to be 320*240 or 640*480 resolutions.

The FPS ("Frames Per Second") rate chosen was 1 FPS to limit bandwidth for the Live Demo. You can use and configure any FPS rates you wish. The Infinite Zoom percentage, was set to zero, to disable the Infinite Zoom feature, using the configuration options of this Interface.

The cameras which are side by side are using a Vistor User Level Id, with the camera name configuration option disabled.

The cameras which are on top of each other, are using a Operator User Level Id's, with the camera name configuration option disabled and all Operator controls disabled via configuration options in this Interface, minus camera controls at the bottom of the video.

This is another nice feature of this Interface, that you can configure what Operator controls you wish to be used and available. By using the configuration options of this Interface.

Of course these cameras could be different cameras and more than 2 cameras or only 1 camera. Only 1 camera was used for this live demo to represent the different cameras in this live demo.

This just shows you how easy this Interface can embed 1 or many cameras easily, into any web page.

Click here to see the Live Embed Your Cameras in Web Pages using this Interface Demo:
http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/camera/EmbedWebPageExample.htm

Note: When using the camera controls in this live demo, camera movement may appear choppy. This is only because the FPS ("Frames Per Second") rate is set to 1 FPS, for this Live Demo.

These methods using this Interface, can also be used to display/control and configure ("Using Admin Level User Id's") all of your cameras, at the same time, from 1 non-public web page, stored on a web server, or locally, in a folder on the device(s), from any Internet browser capable device, which is using any browser, that is running on any Operating System. As a Visitor, Operator or Admin User Level Id. Being a different User Level Id or the same User Level Id's for all cameras.

As you can see it would be very easy to be able to view/control as many as 15 or more cameras, all being in view, at all times.

You can use these methods with a mix of MJPEG and H.264 based cameras by using the H.264 version of this interface for any H.264 cameras you have as well. All in view, while all being able to be controlled, at all times.

This free Interface, has many features, this is just one of them.

Get your copy of this free Interface here:

http://foscam.us/forum/topic2522.html

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:41 am, edited 11 times in total.
TheUberOverLord

Postby astone » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:50 am

May I first offer my sincere appreciation for your excellent work!

I believe I join a chorus of folks, who have been looking for tools like you have so generously created and shared.

One question I have for you, if I may.

In my case, I have <separate from each other>:

(1) my camera running off of a cable modem connection.

(2) dedicated server(s) at a hosting facility, where I operate a web server with <virtually> unlimited bandwidth available.

I want to provide concurrent viewing access to groups of 20, 50, 100, or more users, dependent only on the bandwidth I have available from my dedicated server(s). (Yes, effectively, 'streaming' the camera feed.)

So, my question is about FPS, specifically.

I want to be able to support these viewers watching at a true 15-30 FPS.

When I adjust the parameters in the code to "67", "34," or even just "", I keep seeing FPS indicated as 0.20 FPS in the display, unfortunately. Moreover, it is clear <from the video itself> that the image is updating at some much reduced rate.

Naturally, I respect that one goal of the inherent code design is, in fact, to limit the bandwidth overhead. In my case, however, I'm keen on accessing ALL the features you have created while also supporting a higher video 'stream' FPS rate.

I would most appreciate any guidance you could offer on how or where I modify the code such as to pass the MAX FPS supported by the camera itself, and thereby achieving a streaming scenario with all the control features of your excellent code.

A great **MANY** thanks in advance for you efforts and your guidance.

Sincerely,

Alex
astone

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 am

astone wrote:May I first offer my sincere appreciation for your excellent work!

I believe I join a chorus of folks, who have been looking for tools like you have so generously created and shared.

One question I have for you, if I may.

In my case, I have <separate from each other>:

(1) my camera running off of a cable modem connection.

(2) dedicated server(s) at a hosting facility, where I operate a web server with <virtually> unlimited bandwidth available.

I want to provide concurrent viewing access to groups of 20, 50, 100, or more users, dependent only on the bandwidth I have available from my dedicated server(s). (Yes, effectively, 'streaming' the camera feed.)

So, my question is about FPS, specifically.

I want to be able to support these viewers watching at a true 15-30 FPS.

When I adjust the parameters in the code to "67", "34," or even just "", I keep seeing FPS indicated as 0.20 FPS in the display, unfortunately. Moreover, it is clear <from the video itself> that the image is updating at some much reduced rate.

Naturally, I respect that one goal of the inherent code design is, in fact, to limit the bandwidth overhead. In my case, however, I'm keen on accessing ALL the features you have created while also supporting a higher video 'stream' FPS rate.

I would most appreciate any guidance you could offer on how or where I modify the code such as to pass the MAX FPS supported by the camera itself, and thereby achieving a streaming scenario with all the control features of your excellent code.

A great **MANY** thanks in advance for you efforts and your guidance.

Sincerely,

Alex

Thanks for the kind words.

Many people do not realize that there is a maximum connections limit allowed of 4 concurrent logins, per camera.

There is a maximum limit of 4 connections per camera, which includes any combination of concurrent video stream connections, Standard Camera Interface connections, as well as other applications running on devices including NAS or NVR application interfaces. Meaning, a maximum of 4 formal logins to the camera, at any given moment in time.

Once a camera reaches this limit of 4 connections, any other logon connection requests, will be denied and refused, for that camera.

This is an important fact to know, as a camera owner.

The reason why there is not any limit per camera using this Interface is because this Interface never formally is logged in, like one is when you are viewing a cameras video stream, using the Standard Camera Interface, NAS, NVR and other applications on other devices, that formally login to the camera.

So even if you don't use this interface to embed a camera in a web page, it also is a saftey net, to always be able to gain access to any camera you own, in the event that you have allowed others to access your camera and they all happen to be connected with no other connection available for you to connect.

This makes this Interface because of this, also, very useful to embed in web pages because an unlimited amount of visitors will always be able to see the cameras displayed on that web page. Unlike only 4, using a video stream and/or currently logged in using the Standard Camera Interface or other applications, to the camera.

When using a video stream to present video the only way around this limitation would be by using some commercial service where you feed 1 video stream connection to this service and they, normally for a fee, distrubute that video stream to others. Of course you could run your own video stream server, but you would still need to deal with any ISP bandwidth and/or concurrent connection restriction limits they may have.

This is far from a cheap solution, since the fee per month for these commercial video stream services is usually based on some maximum concurrent connections at any given time and if you happen to exceed that number of connections, the fees increase. Since you can't really control how many people can be viewing your web page at any given moment, this can become very expensive.

Operating over 30 web sites, there are 2 things to be aware of. Even if your hosting company has unlimted bandwidth, most generally have a maximum CPU usage for the web servers your web site(s) are using. This maximum when exceeded will cause most hosting companies to throttle or even STOP all access to any web sites in your account once this CPU limit is reached.

So, even if you could somehow connect cameras directly to your hosting service, you have this additional issue to worry about, in almost all cases unless you also have a stand-alone server with this hosting company. Even then, you will hit a CPU busy wall at some point.

This interface does not place an additional load on the web server minus feeding the HTML pages, the processing of the camera interface is confined to the client device and the camera.

So as you see, there are many things that impact unlimited amounts of web site visitors to see cameras always at high FPS rates and some of them come with expensive solutions or hosting or ISP accounts getting suspended.

Using this Interface, best case with wireless connected cameras, you can get 12 FPS with cameras that have strong connections to their Router/AP's. This may require a 9dBi antenna vs. the standard 3dBi antenna shipped with the camera , as well as stronger antennas for your Router/AP depending on the distance and obstructions between the camera and the Router/AP it is connected to. With a wired connection using this Interface, best case would be about 18 FPS.

Also, any wireless contention your local network may be having with nearby wireless networks and their devices, can have a drastic effect on your wireless cameras FPS rates.

More here about that: http://foscam.us/forum/reboot-problems-a-solution-t2440.html?hilit=contention#p10558

Unless your cameras are directly connected to a Hosting service, odds are you will also need to comply with any ISP bandwidth limits. Depending on how many people are viewing video and from how many cameras, this can be very easily exceeded.

More here about that: http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-mjpeg-ptz-cameras-t2522-10.html#p11577

The other issue for cameras embedded in web pages is, can all Internet browser capable devices see the camera, from the web pages? Even if you use a paid service to re-feed a video stream to others, for a per month fee, odds are good that the video players they supply/support cannot be used by all Internet browser capable devices.

Whereas this Interface can make the claim, that will not be an issue.

This is because this Interface feeds .jpg images from cameras, since all web browsers support .jpeg image formats without any additional special software required to do so, you won't and don't, run into the browser issues you see with video streams.

So the only downside for using this Interface is that you will never exceed 15-18 FPS per camera.

The upsides are that you will always be able to access your cameras from any Internet browser capable device to view or change settings and more than 4 people can be viewing your cameras at any given time, without the need to use a commercial streaming service.

IMHO, this is why it's good to have access to a copy of this Interface, at all times, so that if your primary methods of access to change your camera settings and view your camer or cameras at say 20-25 FPS using say a NAS or NVR based system, which generally is specific to a Operating System, is not available on any devices you currently have access to at the moment, that you can still gain access to your cameras to view and change their settings on, with the devices you do have access to at the moment.

Here is the link to the 9 Live Demos for this Interface and the link to download your own free copy of this Interface for your camera or cameras:

http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-mjpeg-ptz-cameras-t2522.html

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheUberOverLord

Postby astone » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:56 am

Don,

Thanks for your quick response.

A brief follow up, however, if I may...

In fact, I can actually support traditional streaming from my own dedicated servers. So, I have access and control of both CPU and Bandwidth limitations in my unique situation.

My main goal is to: (1) allow a larger audience (than the 4 default direct FOSCAM connections you mentioned) to watch at (2) a reasonably fluid FPS (even 10 - 15 is not bad <for my purposes>).

This is where your interface seems PERFECT. That said, I am stumbling on how exactly to tweak the html code to achieve a more true 10-15 FPS similar to the camera output itself.

In your html code, I realize that the 'MyFPS' var is an "internal" FPS, so changes there are not really impacting the FPS delivered from the camera. I have nevertheless changed the MyFPS var to 67 and then 34 with no noticeable effect.

Can you advise on how I may adjust the html code to allow the embedded web page FPS to be higher? It need not be exactly the same as the FPS one sees when logging into the FOSCAM directly, but I am interested to reach the 10, 12...or maybe even 15-18 FPS you mentioned.

Right now, the interface indicates I'm only seeing 0.20 - 1.2 FPS and the video appears consistent with that reading. So, any way I can achieve upwards of 10+ FPS on the embedded page would be ideal for me, if that is possible.

Alternately, if you have any guidance on how I can "pull" the feed from the camera itself into a traditional streaming scenario, that would also be most appreciated (...have you had any experience transcoding with VLC perhaps???).

Again, many thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.

Sincerely,

Alex
astone

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:08 pm

You are very welcome.

You may want to ping the camera from the DDNS and also using the local IP address of the camera on your local network, that you are using and see what the round-trip is in Millseconds. Because the FPS rates you are seeing, are not normal.

You may also wish to use something like tracert where you can better isolate where if any delay is taking place.

This Interface allows local network access, so you should be able to compare FPS rates using local IP access to WAN access as well.

You also make no mention of if these cameras with these low FPS rates are connected wired or wirelessly.

You may want to try a camera wired to compare FPS differences as well.

Also, not sure if audio is important to you to be included with the video stream, so, choosing what stream server software to use might depend on your requirements.

Basically the issue with video stream servers is what video players are supported on what devices. That can support live video feeds vs. simply playing recorded video.

Then there is the issue of how to determine which video player to launch for what device and prompting to install that player, if that player is not currently present on that device, when/if possible, for that device, from the HTML code.

Which now goes above and beyond what browser is being used by the end-user, because as one example, a FireFox browser on a Windows system may not support the same live video stream player interfaces, as on a Mac or Linux based Operating system.

So, now you not only need to worry about what the end-users browser can support, but what the Operating System is on the end-users device.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Version 2.2 was just released.

A bug was found and fixed, that was not honoring the hard coded configuration option selection of the reversing left/right reversal controls when the left/right checkbox display for left/right control reversal was disabled in the display options, for Operator User Level Id's.

At least one hardware version of the two current hardware versions for the FI8910W have left/right controls reversed. The camera firmware masks this issue by doing the left/right control reversal internally, however it does cause issues for 3rd party applications interfacing to this model camera.

The download link for your own free copy of this Interface now points to this new version and can be found here: http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-ip-mjpeg-cameras-t2522.html#p10970

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:25 pm

The MJPEG cameras support the ability to use a HTTP link on alarms. Some mobile/cell phone carriers have methods to generate SMS messages using a HTTP link.

Would anyone like to see this function added to the Admin User level controls of this Interface to enable/disable this feature, so that when a camera alarms you will receive a SMS message?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby ute.dohrs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:39 am

Can anyone tell me whats the Problem with Audio and not IE-Browsers ?
Differnce between 32Bit and 64Bit ?

Audio on Android-APP is OK
Audio in IE at 32Bit Windows is OK
Audio in IE at 64Bit Windows is not OK

Audio on any other Brwoser than IE cant' be aktivatet because no Button..

Also no audio on Free Generic Browser Interface 22 on 64Bit Windows 7 !

Whats the difference between Foscam and clone WANSVIEW NCB541W ?
ute.dohrs

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion