Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

We, Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies), are an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. However, we are deeply saddened to report that, even after all of this, our overseas suppliers have decided to undercut us and supply to our major customers directly. For this reason, we have no choice but to suspend telephone support for all Foscam branded products. If you have purchased a Foscam camera directly from us or from one of our authorized retailers, technical support is still available via email at support@foscam.us.

For customers who have not purchased from us directly, we advise you to please contact Foscam Shenzhen or the distributor which you have purchased from. In the meantime, we have launched our own new brand of IP cameras called Amcrest, which has superior quality products and full telephone technical support 7 days per week. We hope you can support us in our new venture. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com.

FREE MJPEG GoTo Different Presets Loop Interface

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

FREE MJPEG GoTo Different Presets Loop Interface

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Get All My Foscam IP Camera Developer Examples Bundled Together With One Hour Of One-On-One Support To Implement Them Click Here!

This Interface is FREE and can be used from any Internet browser capable device using any Operating System with any browser.

What does this do?

Camera owners, have asked for in the past. Methods to chain Presets and even Vertical and Horizontal Patrols together. Camera owners wanted methods to do this in a repetitive and infinite loop, with unique delay times, between the custom Presets and/or Patrol combinations in any order, they select.

This Interface does that and can be used from any Internet browser capable device running on any Operating System, using any browser. It also supports still using Patrols, in combination with or without using Presets using these automatic methods. You could also use this automatic process, with only Vertical and/or Horizontal Patrols only, without using any Presets.

This is understandable, especially if your cameras are covering large areas and you wish to have your camera automatically, go from one camera position, to the other, directly, and automatically, but also want to add your own time delays for how long your cameras stay at any given camera position, before the camera goes to some other camera position, directly. Without only having Patrols as your only option to attempt to do this, which maybe covering large areas, that may not be as important as other areas, that your cameras are monitoring.

The loop is a automatic repetitive and infinite loop, you can add a delay time, between loops, as a configuration option. To stop the loop simply close the browser window that is running this Interface.

You can use as many as 16 different camera Preset camera positions when doing this and they can be repeated in the same loop as many times as you wish. You can combine this with any combination of Vertical and/or Horizontal Patrols as well.

You will need to change some configuration options, before using this.

To save your own FREE copy of this to do that, please right click on the link below and choose "Save Target As". Then simply edit it, using something like notepad and modify it with your custom configuration settings, then save the changes:

http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/camera/MJPEGIPCameraresetLoop.htm

Things you will need to change to use this with your cameras

1. You will need to use your Local IP address and Port or Your ISP IP address and Port or your DDNS and Port. Without any leading http:// or www. You will also need to enter a Operator or Admin User Level Id and password. Vistor Level User Ids are not allowed to go to presets.

2. Make sure you have set Presets to go to. If you go to a Preset that is not set nothing will happen.

3. Decide the order and time delay in seconds before going to the next Presets or Patrols, you wish to go to.

Please make sure that the Preset or Patrol time delay gave enough delay time for the Preset to reach where it should end up or what the Patrol should cover as well before the next Preset or Patrol starts.

You can use any Preset and/or Patrol order. You can go to the same Presets and Patrols, more than once, in the same loop as well.

4. Commands to go to Presets have these values:

GoTo Preset 1 = 31
GoTo Preset 2 = 33
GoTo Preset 3 = 35
GoTo Preset 4 = 37
GoTo Preset 5 = 39
GoTo Preset 6 = 41
GoTo Preset 7 = 43
GoTo Preset 8 = 45
GoTo Preset 9 = 47
GoTo Preset 10 = 49
GoTo Preset 11 = 51
GoTo Preset 12 = 53
GoTo Preset 13 = 55
GoTo Preset 14 = 57
GoTo Preset 15 = 59
GoTo Preset 16 = 61

The Standard Camera Interface that comes with the camera, does not allow you to set Presets as high as 16. There are easy methods to do this, I can post them here if you wish.

Another FREE Interface I created, allows you to set 6 presets with your own cameras, more here about that:

topic2522.html

5. This Interface comes with the following Presets and time delays as defaults, which of course you can change. There are also notes about this when you open your copy you downloaded:

Code: Select all
var myPresets=new Array("31",10,"33",20);
var delayBetweenLoops = 0;

myPresets is what contains the list of Presets to go to and the delay before going to the next Preset is in seconds. In this example, the camera will automatically go to Preset 1, wait 10 seconds, then go to Preset 2, then wait 20 seconds.

If delayBetweenLoops was not set to zero, then before doing that Preset loop again, whatever the value of delayBetweenLoops would cause another time delay of x seconds and once again, the camera will automatically go to Preset 1, wait 10 seconds, then go to Preset 2, then wait 20 seconds.

This will go on as long as you keep the browser window open, you can minimize the browser window if needed. This Interface uses very few CPU cycles or memory or resources.

You can add as many or as few Presets and/or Patrols with time delays in between them as you wish. In any order you wish and can go to a Presets and Patrols more than once as well, in the same loop.

The Preset command or Patrol Commands, should be between double quotes, the time in seconds to delay, before going to the next Preset or Patrol, does not require any double quotes. All values, must have a ("Comma") between them.

Example:
var myPresets=new Array("31",10,"33",20,"37",5);

This now adds going to Preset 4, after Preset 2, waits for 5 seconds and with delayBetweenLoops being zero, the entire Preset loop starts again automatically, without any time delay.

You can also mix Horizontal and Vertical Patrols in this loop with Presets.

Patrol Command values are:

Start Vertical Patrol 26
Stop Vertical Patrol 27
Start Horizontal Patrol 28
Stop Horizontal Patrols 29

Example:
var myPresets=new Array("31",10,"33",20,"28",60,"29",0);

The above goes to Preset 1, waits 10 seconds, goes to Preset 2, waits 20 seconds, starts a Horizontal patrol, waits 60 seconds, stops the Horizontal patrol, and the loop starts again.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Please see my signature, in this post below, for links to other free Interfaces, that work with other Foscam IP Camera models.

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:54 am, edited 27 times in total.
TheUberOverLord

Re: FREE MJPEG GoTo Different Presets Loop Interface

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:10 am

The Standard Camera Interface, that comes with the cameras, does not support a UI ("User Interface") to set all these Presets. So, this might be heplful, if you would like to set as many Presets for your cameras as possible.

Here is the list of Command Values to set Presets:

Set Preset 1 = 30
Set Preset 2 = 32
Set Preset 3 = 34
Set Preset 4 = 36
Set Preset 5 = 38
Set Preset 6 = 40
Set Preset 7 = 42
Set Preset 8 = 44
Set Preset 9 = 46
Set Preset 10 = 48
Set Preset 11 = 50
Set Preset 12 = 52
Set Preset 13 = 54
Set Preset 14 = 56
Set Preset 15 = 58
Set Preset 16 = 60

To set a preset, simply position your camera to where you want that Preset number to end up at, and use one of the above command values in another browser window to save that camera position as a Preset.

You can then move your camera to another position and continue doing the same using different Preset values for each additional Preset, until you have set all the Presets you wish to set.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = Local IP Address or ISP IP Address or DDNS Address
#### = Port for Camera
username = Operator or Admin User Level Id
password = Password to that Id

Example setting Preset 1 using a browser window:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:# ###/decoder_control.cgi?command=30&user=username&pwd=password

The above is one line with no spaces, the forum truncates this line when it displays it.

You now have the ability to set up to 16 different Presets, for each of your cameras. Which can also be used with this FREE Interface as well to get to those Presets and/or Patrols, in a Preset and/or Patrol loop.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby jesuismumu » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks a lot for this ! (and also the interface page)

I have a NAS (QNAP TS219P II) with 2 x foscam FI8910w, and I was able to quickly use the above to make both cams follow defined paths around the rooms they respectively monitor :)

I would like now to have it work on the NAS side "only" (i.e. without need of an open browser) - doesn't seem to be possible right of the bat, but you can see the attempts there:
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=66153&p=297615#p297615

The last reply got me lost as it indicates I'd need to convert the code to php, or go down some other route which had me google nearly every word to understand it..
oh well, some brighter souls will surely chime in :)

Again, thanks !
Chris
jesuismumu

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 am

jesuismumu wrote:Thanks a lot for this ! (and also the interface page)

I have a NAS (QNAP TS219P II) with 2 x foscam FI8910w, and I was able to quickly use the above to make both cams follow defined paths around the rooms they respectively monitor :)

I would like now to have it work on the NAS side "only" (i.e. without need of an open browser) - doesn't seem to be possible right of the bat, but you can see the attempts there:
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=66153&p=297615#p297615

The last reply got me lost as it indicates I'd need to convert the code to php, or go down some other route which had me google nearly every word to understand it..
oh well, some brighter souls will surely chime in :)

Again, thanks !
Chris

After reviewing the Interface there. I am not sure that Interface, can support what this Interface is doing. Are you using a dedicated system now to run your Interface? While it might not be a perfect solution, you can minimize this to the toolbar.

The issue with your Interface is, that it seems there is no easy way to chain .cgi commands with delay times. Without uses some kind of dedicated device, to do so.

If you had a web server, you could create a .php like script, to do the same that this is doing, however, you would need some methods to start it, like a cron job, so that if that server were to be stopped, that the .php script would auto-start again.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Created Interfaces that are stand-alone to go to and set presets.

The Standard Camera Interface that comes with the camera, does not support using and/or setting ALL 16 of the presets that can be set and used with your camera. These new interfaces allow you to set ALL 16 of your camera presets so that you can use them in this Interface, if needed.

More here: http://foscam.us/forum/ptz-preset-control-panel-utility-t3552.html#p16536

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby litobirdy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:47 am

Don, I hope you can see this reply. I followed the instructions. Saved it with my settings. But how it is supposed to take effect? open up the saved htm file? but that's offline, And your link just opens up the default settings. I do see that if i open up the saved htm window, my camera will stay fixed. and if i start a manual patrol. it will start it but jump back to the preset and stay there. If i close the saved HTM file, then I can contorl the camera again. So how do I get this preset/patrol stuff working with this saved offline htm file?
litobirdy

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:50 am

litobirdy wrote:Don, I hope you can see this reply. I followed the instructions. Saved it with my settings. But how it is supposed to take effect? open up the saved htm file? but that's offline, And your link just opens up the default settings. I do see that if i open up the saved htm window, my camera will stay fixed. and if i start a manual patrol. it will start it but jump back to the preset and stay there. If i close the saved HTM file, then I can contorl the camera again. So how do I get this preset/patrol stuff working with this saved offline htm file?

You need to configure this for your camera and it needs to be running. You need to use Presets which have been set as well.

The cameras standard interface does not support the ability to set and go to all 16 presets. Which is also why I created these utilities as well. So that you can easily set and go to all 16 presets and also use them for testing. Then you can add the presets you added, in this utility:

http://foscam.us/forum/ptz-preset-control-panel-utility-t3552.html#p16536

Note: The preset loop .htm will need to open and running in a browser window to work. If you close that browser window, the preset loop will stop. So, you can minimize that browser window if needed.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby litobirdy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:03 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:
litobirdy wrote:Don, I hope you can see this reply. I followed the instructions. Saved it with my settings. But how it is supposed to take effect? open up the saved htm file? but that's offline, And your link just opens up the default settings. I do see that if i open up the saved htm window, my camera will stay fixed. and if i start a manual patrol. it will start it but jump back to the preset and stay there. If i close the saved HTM file, then I can contorl the camera again. So how do I get this preset/patrol stuff working with this saved offline htm file?

You need to configure this for your camera and it needs to be running. You need to use Presets which have been set as well.

The cameras standard interface does not support the ability to set and go to all 16 presets. Which is also why I created these utilities as well. So that you can easily set and go to all 16 presets and also use them for testing. Then you can add the presets you added, in this utility:

Note: The preset loop .htm will need to open and running in a browser window to work. If you close that browser window, the preset loop will stop. So, you can minimize that browser window if needed.

Don

so have both htm windows running? either way. it does the 1 loop and it doesn't continue :(

I've got this var myPresets=new Array("1",5,"2",3);
when its at preset 2. it will slightly budge up and down like it wants to continue but just doesn't. It just seems stuck on the 2nd preset
Last edited by litobirdy on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
litobirdy

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:06 am

litobirdy wrote:
TheUberOverLord wrote:

Don

so have both htm windows running? either way. it does the 1 loop and it doesn't continue :(

No. You need to only have the preset loop .htm open.

Can you please copy/paste your preset loop settings here, you can remove any passwords if needed?

Also. Is the User Id you have chosen to use in the preset loop .htm at least an Operator User Id for the camera?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby litobirdy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:11 am

var myPresets=new Array("1",5,"2",3); // Enter Presets and Delays here *
var delayBetweenLoops = 0;

and yes it's actually administrator level

sorry Don, it's my fault. Didn't know the values 31 33 etc were actually substitues for 1 2 etc etc
I changed 1 and 2 to 31 and 33 and now it's working great.
So long as I have that htm page running at all times. It will do it forever and I can record juts like that on my asagio page? There is no way to have this set up to run w/o needing a pc running this page at all times?
litobirdy

Next

Return to General Discussion