Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

How to restore factory settings?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

How to restore factory settings?

Postby Toller » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 am

Listen carefully, please...

I set up my F18918W a few months ago. It worked fine, but I didn't use it for a while.
When I tried it again, it didn't work. I had changed wireless routers and figured that was the problem
I deleted the software and reinstalled it. It wanted to know my username and password. I gave it "admin" and "", as instructed, but it just asked again. I had given it a password when I set it up a few months ago; I think maybe it is wanting that, but I don't remember what it is.

How do I restore factory settings? I have reinstalled the software several times, but it just doesn't help.
I cannot restore the factory setting through the software because it needs to know the password for that, and I don't have the password.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the problem, but all all I know is that "admin" "", doesn't work; so please don't tell me to try that.
Toller

Re: How to restore factory settings?

Postby gregor40 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:47 am

There is a small "reset" hole on the basis of the camera (on its foot). Just press it with something pointy for ~30 sec
gregor40

Postby Toller » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:14 pm

gregor40 wrote:There is a small "reset" hole on the basis of the camera (on its foot). Just press it with something pointy for ~30 sec

Found the hole, could feel the switch, held it down for a minute, didn't help. It still wanted a log in other than "admin", "".

Thanks though.
Toller

Postby FOSCAM » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:48 am

Did camrea reboot(camera patrols) after you reset it? If not, it was not reset successful. The hole is larger reset button,please make sure reset button is pressed. Keep power on during resetting.
FOSCAM

Postby Toller » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Hallie-tech wrote:Did camrea reboot(camera patrols) after you reset it? If not, it was not reset successful. The hole is larger reset button,please make sure reset button is pressed. Keep power on during resetting.

I tried it a few more times and one finally took. Thanks much.
Toller

Postby roundsparrow » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Funny, I was doing software development and found this page ;)

http://www.foscam.com/help2_view.aspx?Id=14

Is incorrect, the v1 and v2 HD cameras do not have "admin" as default password as the page. Please Foscom, fix your page.
roundsparrow

Return to Technical Support