Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

[Tutorial] How to solve ActiveX install issue

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: [Tutorial] How to solve ActiveX install issue

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 am

It should be noted that setting "Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid" is a very very dangerous thing to do, because it opens your system to malware exploits. This is fact, not fiction.

Using the methods below and if needed, adding the URL to your trusted web sites, is a much safer method.

The easiest/safest method to do this for Windows is, enter your IP Address:Port and the following.

Example ("Please see note below):

http://192.168.1.120:91/ActiveX_IP.exe

Note: Your version of this ActiveX_IP interface, maybe different based on your Foscam camera model. In all cases, you should be able to see a IE ActiveX link, on your Foscam login page when you access your camera, for Windows based systems. You can simply, right click on it, and do a "Save As". An then run that .exe locally, outside of any browser to install it. You will need to close your IE browser window and open a new IE browser window to your Foscam camera, to be able to use the newly installed ActiveX interface.

Download/Save ("From your Foscam camera logon page") your ActiveX_IP interface then run it, from the downloaded location as an Windows Administrator User Id.

This allows you to run it locally. Things should work after that for 32 Bit IE Browsers. I don't know of any way to make this work with IE 64 Bit Browsers.

That said, on my 64 Bit based Windows systems, I always install both IE 32 and 64 Bit versions, and then use the 32 IE Bit version for this ActiveX interface, to my Foscam cameras.

Sadly, many people are not aware, that you can install/run 32 Bit IE browser versions, on a 64 bit Windows system and have access to both 32 and 64 Bit IE versions, when/if needed and even use them at the same times.

This is the only issue, having XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 and Ubuntu, 32 and 64 based systems, that I have encountered, when using some Foscam camera models.

I also created a custom version of "mobil.htm", that will work in Windows IE 64 bit browsers, if I need to access a Foscam camera in a pinch and all I have access to, at that moment, is a IE 64 bit browser.

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
TheUberOverLord

Postby EddieHaskell » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:44 am

Thanks PT-no-ip! It worked for me!

Also make sure under the SAFETY tab that the check mark is not visible for ACTIVE X FILTERING.

Win7, IE9.

Eddie
EddieHaskell

Postby lgwldcat73 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 pm

:lol: UN
BE
LEAVE
ABLE.
FOSCAM ROCKS LOL
WE BUY WHAT ON THE SURFACE LOOKS TO BE QUALITY
MERCHANDISE,ONLY TO END UP HERE HAGLING DIRECT X ISSUES?
I MEAN REALLY?! :evil:
lgwldcat73

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:32 pm

lgwldcat73 wrote::lol: UN
BE
LEAVE
ABLE.
FOSCAM ROCKS LOL
WE BUY WHAT ON THE SURFACE LOOKS TO BE QUALITY
MERCHANDISE,ONLY TO END UP HERE HAGLING DIRECT X ISSUES?
I MEAN REALLY?! :evil:

Some of these issues are caused by Windows ActiveX default security settings, which can vary by the OEM equipment manufacturer, when they configure the computers they sell.

Example: I have 2 Vista systems, one worked fine, the other required manual changes for this ActiveX interface to work properly.

Don.
TheUberOverLord

Postby Stryker412 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:09 pm

For now use Firefox, but I agree I hope Foscam fixes this.
Stryker412

Postby delpuech » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:53 am

Hello, i am going to use your technique to install ocx (ie by regsrv32).

I need first to download ocx by using in a browser : "http://cam-ip:port/codebase/DVM_IPCam2.ocx"; what means cam-ip:port ?

Thanks in advance, i just bought a FI8910W.

alain
delpuech

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:11 am

TheUberOverLord

Postby alimara » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Make sure your are not running 64 bit IE under Win7. Then change settings and all works fine.
alimara

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:54 pm

alimara wrote:Make sure your are not running 64 bit IE under Win7. Then change settings and all works fine.

It will run on Win7 64 bit.

The issue with 64 bit based Windows systems is that IF you are using any version of IE ("Internet Explorer") less then version 10. Then you must use the 32 bit version of IE on 64 bit based systems when accessing the cameras.

Both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions are installed on ALL 64 bit based Windows systems. Microsoft as of IE version 10 no longer has a 32 and 64 bit version of IE. There is only one version of IE as of version 10 for both 32 and 64 bit based systems.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby ercomp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Windows 7 64bit and IE 9:

I just recently installed an Swan ADS 440.

The "fix" was copying the dvm_ipcam2.ocx to c:\windows\syswow64 directory instead of c:\windows or c:\windows\system32.

I ran CMD as admin, then changed to the syswow64 and used regsvr32 to register the ocx file. Then I added the camera to trusted sites and worked flawless.

Hope this helps someone else, and thanks for posting the original as it was a great leap into troubleshooting!

I have updated to reflect the IE version. We have apps that will not run in higher versions of IE and GPO's and internal WSUS server prevent going to a higher version. I hope I have added enough info to help others who are not upgrading the IE versions.
Last edited by ercomp on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ercomp

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support