Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

[Tutorial] How to solve ActiveX install issue

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: [Tutorial] How to solve ActiveX install issue

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:19 pm

ercomp wrote:Windows 7 64bit

I just recently installed an Swan ADS 440.

The "fix" was copying the dvm_ipcam2.ocx to c:\windows\syswow64 directory instead of c:\windows or c:\windows\system32.

I ran CMD as admin, then changed to the syswow64 and used regsvr32 to register the ocx file. Then I added the camera to trusted sites and worked flawless.

Hope this helps someone else, and thanks for posting the original as it was a great leap into troubleshooting!

Please note that as of IE ("Internet Explorer") version 10. There is no need to do this because even 64 bit based Windows have one version of IE vs. a 32 and 64 bit version of IE as they required in older versions of IE on 64 bit based Windows systems.

So. If you have the current version of IE installed on your Windows system. There is no longer an issue or anything required to make the ocx install properly.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby mikibenx » Tue May 26, 2015 11:35 am

i have a problem to use ocx in vb.net
visual basic say that is not assigned
thank you
mikibenx

Postby teknostar » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:46 am

hello, recently I'having problems with IE and some of my foscam cam.
first in order you must know that I'm coming from 2 entire days that I spent in reinstalling my entire OS cause my hard disk have been definitely broken.
My OS is Windows 7 x64 ultimate, mainboard ASUS P5Q-E, cpu Intel Quad 9400.
second in order, I have many foscam models: 8904w, 9818w, 9831w.
All was proceeding right until the updating of IE8 to IE11.
After installing IE11, I see that I still can regularly connect to all my foscams 9804w and 9831w, but suddenly I can't connect anymore to my foscam 9818w.
really I can't understand what's the reason and the problem seems to be singular: before, when I was connecting to my 9818W cameras It was appearing the username/password window, then the browsers-choice window, and then the camera's main page; now instead after written the ip address of the cam (already I tried it for all my three 9818w), IE directly point to the browsers-choice windows (activeX mode/server push mode/mobile phone) without asking username and password, and then once clicked on activeX mode, it point to the camera main page where the live video frame is completely black.
Moreover, when the browser reached the camera mainpage, sometimes it crashes and a little error window appears saying about a DVM_IPCAM2.ocx error (look at the captures below).

before writing here I tried to search a solution surfing on the web but I surfed for 7 hours at least, until I found this thread.
So I tried to follow the mai post suggestions:
Download the file:

http://cam-ip:port/codebase/DVM_IPCam2.ocx

and copy "DVM_IPCam2.ocx" in "C:\Windows\".

Run a "Command Prompt" (DOS) as administator (for Windows Vista and Seven: right clic on "Command Prompt" and "Run as administrator").

In the "black" box, type this command:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\DVM_IPCam2.ocx

and validate.

Now the ActiveX is installed and all is working under IE

but the problem haven't been solved.

Then I downgraded IE to IE8 but the problem still persist

then I upgraded IE to IE10 but the problem still persist

Now I hope to find here many people (much expert than me) who will read my post and will give me the right solution.

thanks in advance.

p.s.: after running the command "regsvr32 C:\Windows\DVM_IPCam2.ocx" (this one have been succesfully executed) i tried to type the command "validate" as written in the first post but the dos prompt have given an error message, saying that "validate" isn't a recognizable internal or external command, an executable file or a batch file.

where I was wrong?
teknostar

Postby teknostar » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:37 am

teknostar wrote:hello, recently I'having problems with IE and some of my foscam cam.
first in order you must know that I'm coming from 2 entire days that I spent in reinstalling my entire OS cause my hard disk have been definitely broken.
My OS is Windows 7 x64 ultimate, mainboard ASUS P5Q-E, cpu Intel Quad 9400.
second in order, I have many foscam models: 8904w, 9818w, 9831w.
All was proceeding right until the updating of IE8 to IE11.
After installing IE11, I see that I still can regularly connect to all my foscams 9804w and 9831w, but suddenly I can't connect anymore to my foscam 9818w.
really I can't understand what's the reason and the problem seems to be singular: before, when I was connecting to my 9818W cameras It was appearing the username/password window, then the browsers-choice window, and then the camera's main page; now instead after written the ip address of the cam (already I tried it for all my three 9818w), IE directly point to the browsers-choice windows (activeX mode/server push mode/mobile phone) without asking username and password, and then once clicked on activeX mode, it point to the camera main page where the live video frame is completely black.
Moreover, when the browser reached the camera mainpage, sometimes it crashes and a little error window appears saying about a DVM_IPCAM2.ocx error (look at the captures below).

before writing here I tried to search a solution surfing on the web but I surfed for 7 hours at least, until I found this thread.
So I tried to follow the mai post suggestions:
Download the file:

Run a "Command Prompt" (DOS) as administator (for Windows Vista and Seven: right clic on "Command Prompt" and "Run as administrator").

and validate.

Now the ActiveX is installed and all is working under IE

but the problem haven't been solved.

Then I downgraded IE to IE8 but the problem still persist

then I upgraded IE to IE10 but the problem still persist

Now I hope to find here many people (much expert than me) who will read my post and will give me the right solution.

thanks in advance.

p.s.: after running the command "regsvr32 C:\Windows\DVM_IPCam2.ocx" (this one have been succesfully executed) i tried to type the command "validate" as written in the first post but the dos prompt have given an error message, saying that "validate" isn't a recognizable internal or external command, an executable file or a batch file.

where I was wrong?

Hello everyone again,
I'm just writing to tell everyone that I solved the problem by following the steps below:

(Please remember that the following solution was tested on a computer with the following software:
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Professional
Internet Explorer Version: 10.0.9200.17457
Foscam Model: FI8918W
Device Firmware Version: 11.35.2.48
Device Embeded Web UI Version: 2.4.20.2)

Please remember that You must be running the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer. You can find it the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

1. Launch Internet Explorer (32-bit) as Administrator. This is done by right clicking on the icon as selecting the run as administrator option

2. Go to Internet Options->Advanced and press the Reset button

3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box select Reset

4. Once it is done clearing everything select close

5. Close Internet Explorer fully

6. Relaunch Internet Explorer (32-bit) again as Administrator

7. Open your Foscam’s Control Panel page

8. Enter your login credentials in the ActiveX Mode (For IE Browser) section and then press the corresponding Login button

9. At the bottom of your screen you will see the following message: “This webpage wants to run the following add-on: ‘DVM_IPCam2 ActiveX Control Module’ from ShenZhen Foscam Intelligent Technology Co., LTd.”. Select Allow

10. Once again enter your login credentials and login as you did above

11. You will then see a dialog box that says Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer? Program Name: DVM_IPCam2 ActiveX Control Module. Select Yes

12. Refresh your browser and then re-login. You should now be able to see your live video feed!

Note: Once you have it working you should not have to launch Internet Explorer as administrator anymore for it to work.

I'm not a windows expert and obviously I find this solution on a blog. I'm not sure if I could publish here the link, so if is there someone that need it, please write me in PM
teknostar

Postby CamUser » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Rico wrote:Download the file:

and validate.

Now the ActiveX is installed and all is working under IE.

Appears to have worked for me in Win7 HP 64Bit and IE11

Does that file need to stay in that location or can it be deleted?
CamUser

Previous

Return to Technical Support