Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

How to turn off the camera?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: How to turn off the camera?

Postby agh42 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:14 am

Great post!! Unfortunately, the scheduling feature does not seem to be available on Foscam's H.264 models such as the FI 8608 W.
I didn't find a way to turn those cameras off.

Instead, I now simply use PT-control to turn them all the way up towards the ceiling and the wall when they are not in use. When I turn them back "on", they swivel baqck into their planned positions.

This is easy to do calling preset positions from a shell script and it helps because people do not feel monitored when the cameras are turned away.

It also helped me with a problem I had with the cameras audibly clicking the IR filter back and forth when I was watching TV.

Details here: http://tencopies.blogspot.de/2012/11/foscam-cklicking-noise-turning-camera.html
agh42

Postby kit-mario » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Incredible information. It works great on my FI8910W camera. Between this post and the posts on configuring the wireless and port forwarding, that's the only way I made it all work. The directions are quite difficult to follow. Thanks again for sharing this great information.
kit-mario

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:40 am

kit-mario wrote:Incredible information. It works great on my FI8910W camera. Between this post and the posts on configuring the wireless and port forwarding, that's the only way I made it all work. The directions are quite difficult to follow. Thanks again for sharing this great information.

You are very welcome. Glad to help.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:52 pm

poleg wrote:Is there an equivalent set_forbidden.cgi for 9821?
Didn't find in latest CGI User Guide.

I turn off image this way:

Those commands make picture from the camera in black color:
/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setContrast&constrast=0
/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSaturation&saturation=0

This command restores picture to normal:
/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=resetImageSetting

Currently no.

There is nothing which is automatic which can disable this camera model on specific days and times.

You could manually do this by using the firewall feature of this camera model using the standard camera interface that comes with the camera or by using .cgi commands. Restricting access to specific IP Addresses, as needed and then removing those restrictions as needed.

While you are trying to turn the camera off by lowering the brightness and contrast so low as to make the images and video from the camera not viewable. Using your methods. It still would be possible to hear audio from the camera, is someone had a password to the camera.

Example: http://foscam.us/forum/how-to-use-rtsp-and-https-for-hd-cameras-t4926.html#p23464

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby MikaZ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks Don. It works great on my FI8910W camera. Shortcuts are simple to use.
Still anywhere or anyone do not have better (same kind as FI8910W) turn on/off solution for FI9821W V2 camera ?? Or some software can do this?
I mean better and easiest than firewall feature or moving feature by agh42.

BR.

Mika
MikaZ

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:55 am

MikaZ wrote:Thanks Don. It works great on my FI8910W camera. Shortcuts are simple to use.
Still anywhere or anyone do not have better (same kind as FI8910W) turn on/off solution for FI9821W V2 camera ?? Or some software can do this?

BR.

Mika

You are very welcome.

Currently no. Hopefully this feature will be added to H.264 based camera models in future firmware releases.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby MikaZ » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi Don,

is there anything new on this issue?

Thanks

-mika
MikaZ

Postby meddem » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 pm

is there a way to do this on the Foscam C1 Camera? i tried this but it does not work. Basically i am looking for a way to turn off video stream when i am at home.
meddem

Postby Avivhod » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:21 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:
MikaZ wrote:Thanks Don. It works great on my FI8910W camera. Shortcuts are simple to use.

BR.

Mika

You are very welcome.

Currently no. Hopefully this feature will be added to H.264 based camera models in future firmware releases.

Don

Dear All, and specifically TheUberOverlord
Your schedule option is great (even if I got to it 4 years after original post).
Is there any way to mix Schedule=0 and schedule=1 in one command line?
I mean, I just want it to be available at certain days and hours but disabled at others.
I tried mixing the command line, but to no success.

Thanks for any response

Aviv
Avivhod

Previous

Return to Technical Support