Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

We, Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies), are an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. However, we are deeply saddened to report that, even after all of this, our overseas suppliers have decided to undercut us and supply to our major customers directly. For this reason, we have no choice but to suspend telephone support for all Foscam branded products. If you have purchased a Foscam camera directly from us or from one of our authorized retailers, technical support is still available via email at support@foscam.us.

For customers who have not purchased from us directly, we advise you to please contact Foscam Shenzhen or the distributor which you have purchased from. In the meantime, we have launched our own new brand of IP cameras called Amcrest, which has superior quality products and full telephone technical support 7 days per week. We hope you can support us in our new venture. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com.

Incorrect user name and password

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Incorrect user name and password

Postby memison » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:52 pm

I purchased a foscam model F18918W a few months ago, and it worked great. I recently changed internet providers, routers, and installed a new hard drive. Since reinstalling the software on my new hard drive, I have been unable to successfully setup the camera.
The issue is when I open the IP camera tool, it says subnet does not match, dclick to change. I have tried all of the online suggestions, and it does not work. I get the error message that says user or password ( Iam entering admin and leaving password blank).
I cannot figure out what to do to access the camera. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
memison

Re: Incorrect user name and password

Postby theboogieman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Question? Did you have your Camera statically assigned before? The reason I ask is because if you had your camera set to the 192.168.1.x scheme and now you have switched service providers and they use the 10.0.0.x scheme I don't believe you would be able to get into it. Just guessing here.
theboogieman

Postby memison » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did have a static IP before, but I do not believe that the new internet provider has a different scheme. I believe both were 192.168, but I will double check.
memison

Postby memison » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:14 pm

I checked, and the internet service provider scheme did not change. Any other ideas on how I can get my camera to work? Still shows incorrect user or password.
memison

Postby Alice » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:09 am

Hi,

if you are facing this issue after trying all steps mentioned above,please resetting the camera, you can see a small reset button upside down ,you can press and hold this button for at least 35 seconds with the help of a small pin.

Then,open the ip camera tool window,then click on network configuration by right clicking on the "Subnet does not match" after highlighting this option.

On that window,you can assign a port number,for eg:8090 .

Then,try login to the camera page by using the default ip address of the camera by http://192.168.x.x:8090
The default username is admin and the password is blank.
You can use the first LOGIN if you are using Internet Explorer.

Thanks.
Alice

Return to General Discussion