Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Incorrect user name and password

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Incorrect user name and password

Postby memison » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:52 pm

I purchased a foscam model F18918W a few months ago, and it worked great. I recently changed internet providers, routers, and installed a new hard drive. Since reinstalling the software on my new hard drive, I have been unable to successfully setup the camera.
The issue is when I open the IP camera tool, it says subnet does not match, dclick to change. I have tried all of the online suggestions, and it does not work. I get the error message that says user or password ( Iam entering admin and leaving password blank).
I cannot figure out what to do to access the camera. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
memison

Re: Incorrect user name and password

Postby theboogieman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Question? Did you have your Camera statically assigned before? The reason I ask is because if you had your camera set to the 192.168.1.x scheme and now you have switched service providers and they use the 10.0.0.x scheme I don't believe you would be able to get into it. Just guessing here.
theboogieman

Postby memison » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did have a static IP before, but I do not believe that the new internet provider has a different scheme. I believe both were 192.168, but I will double check.
memison

Postby memison » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:14 pm

I checked, and the internet service provider scheme did not change. Any other ideas on how I can get my camera to work? Still shows incorrect user or password.
memison

Postby Alice » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:09 am

Hi,

if you are facing this issue after trying all steps mentioned above,please resetting the camera, you can see a small reset button upside down ,you can press and hold this button for at least 35 seconds with the help of a small pin.

Then,open the ip camera tool window,then click on network configuration by right clicking on the "Subnet does not match" after highlighting this option.

On that window,you can assign a port number,for eg:8090 .

Then,try login to the camera page by using the default ip address of the camera by http://192.168.x.x:8090
The default username is admin and the password is blank.
You can use the first LOGIN if you are using Internet Explorer.

Thanks.
Alice

Return to General Discussion