Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

IP Camera Tool cannot find FI8910W

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

IP Camera Tool cannot find FI8910W

Postby woodardhsd » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:47 am

I just got my FI8910W camera and couldn't wait to get it set up. I installed the software according to the manual and restarted. I made sure the shortcut on the desktop pointed to the correct location. I connected the camera up according to the instructions as well, but the camera tool cannot find the camera. The red power stays on, and the green light above it flashes regularly. The lights above the ethernet jack do nothing with the cable plugged in I checked my router to make sure DHPC was enabled, and it was. Mac filtering is turned off(my router calls it wireless card access). I made sure the firewall was not blocking the camera or software.

The camera tool just sits there with a empty white screen. It does not close by itself after a minute like the manual says it should if it cannot find a camera. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the software or the camera.

Camera is FI8910W
Computer is running Win7 74-bit
Router is a Netgear WGR614v10

Thanks,
Mike
woodardhsd

Re: IP Camera Tool cannot find FI8910W

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 am

woodardhsd wrote:I just got my FI8910W camera and couldn't wait to get it set up. I installed the software according to the manual and restarted. I made sure the shortcut on the desktop pointed to the correct location. I connected the camera up according to the instructions as well, but the camera tool cannot find the camera. The red power stays on, and the green light above it flashes regularly. The lights above the ethernet jack do nothing with the cable plugged in I checked my router to make sure DHPC was enabled, and it was. Mac filtering is turned off(my router calls it wireless card access). I made sure the firewall was not blocking the camera or software.

The camera tool just sits there with a empty white screen. It does not close by itself after a minute like the manual says it should if it cannot find a camera. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the software or the camera.

Camera is FI8910W
Computer is running Win7 74-bit
Router is a Netgear WGR614v10

Thanks,
Mike

From your Router/AP do you see that DHCP has assigned an IP address to the camera?

Don
:?: Click on these quick links for HELP with your cameras: :!:
View Cameras On ANY Device: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Wireless Camera Setup Test and Tweak Camera Setup
About Me All of the above tools are FREE! :shock:
TheUberOverLord

Postby woodardhsd » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:30 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:
From your Router/AP do you see that DHCP has assigned an IP address to the camera?

Don

No, I can see my other devices, but not the camera.
woodardhsd

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:34 am

woodardhsd wrote:
TheUberOverLord wrote:

Don

Most likely, something is causing the Router/AP not to assign a IP address.

With the camera powered down, can you power down/up your Router/AP, then wait for it to initialize, then power up the camera and see if the Router/AP now assigned a IP address to the camera?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby woodardhsd » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:40 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:
woodardhsd wrote:
TheUberOverLord wrote:

Don

With the camera powered down, can you power down/up your Router/AP, then wait for it to initialize, then power up the camera and see if the Router/AP now assigned a IP address to the camera?

Don

I will try this at lunch and report back.

Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but the desktop that I am trying to set this up on is connected to the router via wireless connection. The camera was connected via wired connection.
woodardhsd

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:48 am

No, I can see my other devices, but not the camera.[/quote]

Don[/quote]

I will try this at lunch and report back.

Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but the desktop that I am trying to set this up on is connected to the router via wireless connection. The camera was connected via wired connection.[/quote]

That should not make a difference ("unless") the desktop you are connected to, is on another Subnet Mask or not using the Router/AP as the Gateway or DNS or it using another Router/AP.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby woodardhsd » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:58 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:
That should not make a difference ("unless") the desktop you are connected to, is on another Subnet Mask or not using the Router/AP as the Gateway or DNS or it using another Router/AP.

Don

Not sure how to check the first two items, but I only have one router in the house.
woodardhsd

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:10 am

woodardhsd wrote:
TheUberOverLord wrote:

Don

Not sure how to check the first two items, but I only have one router in the house.

Does your router/AP have lights that show if any activity is taking place from the camera that is connected to the port on the Router/AP?

In your case, you may wish to do this while the camera is powered on and connected to the Router/AP. There is a small reset button on the camera bottom, please hold that down for 15 seconds, then release it.

You can use something like a bent paper-clip to do this, but please make sure that you are actually pressing the button, when doing so.

Any change?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby woodardhsd » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:35 am

Yes, it does. I think they'll light up solid if a device is connected, and flash if data is is being transmitted.
woodardhsd

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:41 am

woodardhsd wrote:Yes, it does. I think they'll light up solid if a device is connected, and flash if data is is being transmitted.

Have you tried to do a reset on the camera, using the instructions in my prior post here?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Next

Return to Technical Support