Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

loose all settings when change motion detection via cgi

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

loose all settings when change motion detection via cgi

Postby petrho » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Why will all settings (area and schedule etc) be deleted when I enable/disable the motion detection via cgi?

I have a FI9805W...
petrho

Re: loose all settings when change motion detection via cgi

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:52 pm

petrho wrote:Why will all settings (area and schedule etc) be deleted when I enable/disable the motion detection via cgi?

I have a FI9805W...

You need to include ALL the parameters with the cgi command.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby petrho » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:35 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:
petrho wrote:Why will all settings (area and schedule etc) be deleted when I enable/disable the motion detection via cgi?

I have a FI9805W...

Don

yes but that seems to be a very hard thing. why can't it just delta update the settings?
petrho

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:41 am

petrho wrote:
TheUberOverLord wrote:

I have a FI9805W...

Don

yes but that seems to be a very hard thing. why can't it just delta update the settings?

Because that's the way it was designed and currently works. While this might change in the future. That's the way it works today.

If you are going to be working with the cgi interface. Besides reviewing the CGI SDK. I suggest unpacking the firmware and reviewing this folder to see how the standard camera interface is dealing with saving information. You can use tools like IZArc to do this:

http://www.izarc.org/

Example using FI9821W V1 firmware version .13, Note: The cgi commands are currently the same as the FI9805W:

Code: Select all
FI9821W-1.1.1.13-20130606\Firmware\FI9821W_app_ver1.1.1.13\FI9821W_app_ver1.1.1\app.tar\app\app\www.tar\www\html\cfg

In your case. You would look at the alarm.js file to see how this is being properly done using the setMotionDetectConfig cgi command:

Example of enabling motion detection with all the proper values being present. With only all of Wednesday being set to enabled for the schedule.

Code: Select all
http://192.168.1.130:92/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?usr=admin&pwd=password&cmd=setMotionDetectConfig&isEnable=1&snapInterval=5&sensitivity=0&linkage=7&triggerInterval=5&schedule0=0&schedule1=0&schedule2=281474976710655&schedule3=0&schedule4=0&schedule5=0&schedule6=0&area0=1023&area1=1023&area2=1023&area3=1023&area4=1023&area5=1023&area6=1023&area7=1023&area8=1023&area9=1023

If you do a getMotionDetectConfig cgi command first. You will have any values you need besides the ones you wish to change for the setMotionDetectConfig cgi command.

You can also use utilities like Fiddler2 to capture the http traffic between your system and the camera to analyze what the standard camera interface generates for cgi commands between your system and the camera as well. So that if you encounter issues. You can see how the standard camera interface is doing the same things:

http://fiddler2.com/

Don
TheUberOverLord

Return to Technical Support