Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:26 pm

eangler wrote:I have two of these cameras. Purchased in September and got around to installing them last week. Constant reboots and freezing in the sheltered outdoor location I have for them. Too late to return to Amazon. Browsing this site I got a chat invite from Tech service which started well but after I described my issue the line of communication went immediately dead. Thanks to the review on Amazon I was able to find this thread. Foscam really should be doing the reflash for everyone and I will push to get mine done that way but just in case, Don, I would greatly appreciate the instructions for the DIY fix.

It appears that some folks have successfully gone through Foscam for a fix. If anyone cares to share their experience I would appreciate hearing it.

Do any other Foscam products have this affliction? Though I hesitate to buy another Foscam right now I have a need while these get reporgrammed. Up to now Foscam products have been a good fit.

Best regards,
eangler

Sent via PM ("Private Message") in the Forum.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby gkt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:11 pm

TheUberOverLord wrote:
redcaesar wrote:Anyone know if foscam is shipping fixed units yet? Just got another one and want to just flash it cause will be installed in hard to reach location and don't want to have to pull it down if it starts having issues.

Sigh!

What's potentially, even a worse scenario, is that cameras have a newer version of DSP software, at some point. So, I would NOT assume, or flash a camera, as in EVER, as some pro-active method to avoid this issue.

It's virtually IMPOSSIBLE to say, as one example. That a returned camera, which COULD pass ALL tests, will NOT be, re-injected into camera inventory. Because of this. I am not sure, there will EVER be and end-date on IF you could get a camera. With this issue. For some time. Say, one year from now.

So. If this was me? I would try to expose my camera, to what can cause this issue and only then, decide, if I was safe or should flash the DSP.

Maybe others have their suggestions about this?

Don
[/quote]

You are very welcome.

As an Example. If your firmware level. For your hardware version of your MJPEG based camera, is a X.22.x.x or lower. It would NOT be possible, that your camera. Could be exposed to this issue.

Based on what I am aware of. To date. The firmware for your MJPEG camera, would need to be equal to or greater then, X.35.x.x, to be capable of possibly. Being exposed, to this issue.

Don[/quote]

Thanks Don. Your posts are always very helpful and much appreciated. New to both forum and cams. Just read your embedded section, in this post, regarding possible DSP issue even with current 8910w units so if I order a couple, I will need to test for ththis issue. Although I will "probably" send the camera(s) back if it needs servicing, would you kindly send me the flash update info? Also, do you know if the Foscam "fix" for this DPS issue changes the picture quality? Thanks
gkt

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:38 pm

gkt wrote:
TheUberOverLord wrote:
redcaesar wrote:Anyone know if foscam is shipping fixed units yet? Just got another one and want to just flash it cause will be installed in hard to reach location and don't want to have to pull it down if it starts having issues.

Sigh!

What's potentially, even a worse scenario, is that cameras have a newer version of DSP software, at some point. So, I would NOT assume, or flash a camera, as in EVER, as some pro-active method to avoid this issue.

It's virtually IMPOSSIBLE to say, as one example. That a returned camera, which COULD pass ALL tests, will NOT be, re-injected into camera inventory. Because of this. I am not sure, there will EVER be and end-date on IF you could get a camera. With this issue. For some time. Say, one year from now.

So. If this was me? I would try to expose my camera, to what can cause this issue and only then, decide, if I was safe or should flash the DSP.

Maybe others have their suggestions about this?

Don

You are very welcome.

As an Example. If your firmware level. For your hardware version of your MJPEG based camera, is a X.22.x.x or lower. It would NOT be possible, that your camera. Could be exposed to this issue.

Based on what I am aware of. To date. The firmware for your MJPEG camera, would need to be equal to or greater then, X.35.x.x, to be capable of possibly. Being exposed, to this issue.

Don[/quote]

Thanks Don. Your posts are always very helpful and much appreciated. New to both forum and cams. Just read your embedded section, in this post, regarding possible DSP issue even with current 8910w units so if I order a couple, I will need to test for ththis issue. Although I will "probably" send the camera(s) back if it needs servicing, would you kindly send me the flash update info? Also, do you know if the Foscam "fix" for this DPS issue changes the picture quality? Thanks[/quote]

Don
TheUberOverLord

Re: MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Postby F841 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:19 pm

May I please have the instructions for the fix?
F841

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:24 pm

F841 wrote:May I please have the instructions for the fix?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby garfield659 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:15 pm

I have the Foscam FI8910E (not W) which also has the bright image reboot problem. Does this use the same fix? If so could you please send the DSP update to me as well? Thank you.
garfield659

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:18 pm

garfield659 wrote:I have the Foscam FI8910E (not W) which also has the bright image reboot problem. Does this use the same fix? If so could you please send the DSP update to me as well? Thank you.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby jubahn » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:54 pm

So is there a fix that I can do without sending the camera? Let me know, thanks.

Juba
jubahn

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:01 am

jubahn wrote:So is there a fix that I can do without sending the camera? Let me know, thanks.

Juba

Yes. Please read the first post in this thread.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby decmo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:20 am

Hello Don,

I received a FI8910W last week from Foscam.us with the DSP problem. The circular date code on the bottom shows a date of 4th month of 2013.
The box and parts did not look like they had been opened before so most likely an unopened unit in stock.
Thanks for your extensive investigation and excellent posts.
Please send the DIY fix instructions to me.

decmo
decmo

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support