Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:41 pm

decmo wrote:Hello Don,

I received a FI8910W last week from Foscam.us with the DSP problem. The circular date code on the bottom shows a date of 4th month of 2013.
The box and parts did not look like they had been opened before so most likely an unopened unit in stock.
Thanks for your extensive investigation and excellent posts.
Please send the DIY fix instructions to me.

decmo

Please see the first post in this thread. That information is now located there:

http://foscam.us/forum/mjpeg-cameras-hanging-rebooting-based-on-image-data-t5769.html

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby mattdmellor » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:31 am

Hi Don,

Would you please send me the instructions as I have the same issue on 12 cameras.

Many thanks!

Matt :)
mattdmellor

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:49 am

mattdmellor wrote:Hi Don,

Would you please send me the instructions as I have the same issue on 12 cameras.

Many thanks!

Matt :)

Please see the first post in this thread. That information is now located there:

http://foscam.us/forum/mjpeg-cameras-hanging-rebooting-based-on-image-data-t5769.html

Don
TheUberOverLord

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby MV10 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:14 pm

eangler wrote:It appears that some folks have successfully gone through Foscam for a fix. If anyone cares to share their experience I would appreciate hearing it.

I have now worked with two different support guys by email (via sales@foscam.us) and talked to a third by phone and they were all aware of the issue and "admitted" to it openly.

I'm told a guy there named Zachary is the one who handles all the DSP-fix-related flashing, and was told to put my most recent return packages to his attention.
MV10

Postby herpdeladerp » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi again folks,

I just received my unit from the eBay Adorama Black Friday special price. I've pointed it at the most "complicated" stuff in my house, and at a television screen playing a very fast-moving high definition movie. So far, no crash, but I guess I won't know for sure until daylight.

Are there any other clues to be found in the serial number, date code, firmware revision, that might indicate if I have a good or bad one?

Firmware version: 11.37.2.51
Embedded web UI version: 2.0.10.5
"Main" model number: FI8910W
Serial number on lower left sticker starts with: 910WB1307......
Lower right sticker model number: FR402A2
Lower right sticker serial number starts with: 230421....
herpdeladerp

Postby freddyso » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:39 am

@Don

can you send me the instructions for updating my two FI8904W with the problem.

I tried to send you a PM but it tells me that I have just recorded will write to ..

greetings
freddyso

Postby jreberry » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:59 am

Updated numbers. This covers all posts up until this point. Big thanks to Don for posting the instructions and download links on the front page; I know that a lot of users have been requesting a more streamlined delivery mechanism. Since requests for the instructions are no longer required, posts on this thread will likely slow down dramatically and this may be the final camera tally.

Camera’s reported with this problem: 423
Models reported: 8904, 8905, 8906, 8910, 8916, 8919
Forum Views: 59,725
Official* responses from Foscam: 0

----RMA exchanges have shown a >91% failure rate. The recommended resolution is either a reseller repair or the DIY repair.----

----*Foscam has confirmed this problem in private emails/calls to myself and other users, but no public confirmation of this problem (such as a response in this thread) has been made.----
jreberry

Postby herpdeladerp » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:45 pm

It's daylight, and I've determined that I got one of the dud cameras. :(
herpdeladerp

Postby herpdeladerp » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:47 pm

May I suggest a cable exchange program, where someone with a cable mails to the next person who needs it, who mails it to the next person, and so on?

Failing that, I have no problem with PayPaling someone a few bucks to buy a cable rather than have to fool around with making it myself.

Edit: I just realized that instructions include links to buying the stuff you need for around $6. :-)
herpdeladerp

Postby decmo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:54 am

How do I use private messaging on this forum?
I thought about contacting a few users about specific issues and observations, but when I try to go to private messaging I get the following:

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.

Thanks,
decmo
decmo

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support