Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Postby TXOgre » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:15 am

Making this cable looks very simple and straight forward to me. I've made thousands of similar cables in the past as a part of my work duties, and I also work on electronics and computers as a hobby.

Unfortunately I don't have a crimper for this type of connector, so I'll have to buy one.

I've just priced out the pins, connectors, tools, and cable for this. I'm willing to make some extra cables to recover the cost of the crimper, supplies, and my time.

Does $10 per cable + shipping costs sound reasonable?

Assuming there is some interest, and holiday shipping traffic doesn't ruin things, I'll order the parts and have them in sometime next week. I have some time off between Christmas and New Year, so I should be able to have parts out via USPS sometime during the first part of January.

I'm looking at getting enough parts to build five 3 foot cables right now, I'll hold off to see if anyone else wants some before I order.
TXOgre

Postby TXOgre » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:41 am

I realized that some people might want to send me a message offline or PM and may not have an account here, and I don't really want to keep checking in here either. farkinogre at gmail dot com will reach me if you're interested in a cable.
TXOgre

Postby redcaesar » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Hey Don have one of my flashed cameras acting up with new input. Not rebooting or full pink screen but half the screen looks scrambled with pointing at snow with above mid level contrast and brightness setting. Again this camera has the new code. Just started past couple of days.

Any ideas?
redcaesar

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:33 pm

redcaesar wrote:Hey Don have one of my flashed cameras acting up with new input. Not rebooting or full pink screen but half the screen looks scrambled with pointing at snow with above mid level contrast and brightness setting. Again this camera has the new code. Just started past couple of days.

Any ideas?

What camera model?

Did you check what the DSP chip was? Prior to doing the update?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby redcaesar » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:51 pm

TheUberOverLord wrote:
redcaesar wrote:Hey Don have one of my flashed cameras acting up with new input. Not rebooting or full pink screen but half the screen looks scrambled with pointing at snow with above mid level contrast and brightness setting. Again this camera has the new code. Just started past couple of days.

Any ideas?

What camera model?

Don

Its the 8905E POE outdoor and had the same DSP chip as others.
redcaesar

Postby hilamno » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Got the 8910W from Amazon and it seems to be rebooting when pointed outside sometimes. Manufacturer date June 2013. Has anyone tried contacting Amazon about this? I know they'd send me a new one, but it seems likely that it would have the same problem. Is there a specific manufacturer date after which works properly? Has Amazon fixed anyone's camera like Foscam says the "retailer should"? Thanks.
hilamno

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:58 pm

redcaesar wrote:
TheUberOverLord wrote:

Any ideas?

What camera model?

Don

Its the 8905E POE outdoor and had the same DSP chip as others.

Meaning?

If you mean that the DSP chip is in fact the V399 DSP Chip? I would attempt to re-flash the DSP. I would also, as the instructions state. Make sure that the camera is not plugged into the cameras adapter and outlet, when doing so.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:06 pm

hilamno wrote:Got the 8910W from Amazon and it seems to be rebooting when pointed outside sometimes. Manufacturer date June 2013. Has anyone tried contacting Amazon about this? I know they'd send me a new one, but it seems likely that it would have the same problem. Is there a specific manufacturer date after which works properly? Has Amazon fixed anyone's camera like Foscam says the "retailer should"? Thanks.

Please see BOTH of these:

http://foscam.us/forum/mjpeg-cameras-hanging-rebooting-based-on-image-data-t5769-910.html?hilit=December%202012#p37353

http://foscam.us/forum/mjpeg-cameras-hanging-rebooting-based-on-image-data-t5769-910.html?hilit=December%202012#p37391

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby herpdeladerp » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:58 pm

I flashed my camera today and it works perfectly now. Thanks for the information needed to do it.

Just out of curiosity, what is the "correct" way to attach wires to the tin pins securely? I was able to get it done by squeezing hard with needlenose pliers, shoving them into the holes on the molex connector, inserting the connector into the camera's board, then inspecting very carefully to make sure there were no shorts before plugging it into the computer. It was pretty hinky, but it worked, but I had to hold it very carefully to make sure it didn't short while it was flashing.
herpdeladerp

Postby wildbilll » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:40 pm

The "correct" way would be to purchase the connector with the wires already attached, then splice the USB cable to it.
wildbilll

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support