Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Have others who have done the upgrade, noticed this as well? The brighter night vision?

z288171 wrote:Sorry, forgot to say that this is a 8906 camera.

One thing I have noticed, is the camera is a lot more sensitive to light at night when the security light comes on.

Will need to play with the settings to get it right.

Ben.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby InTheDark » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:10 pm

An email reply from foscamdigitaltech (the eBay arm of Foscam) indicates that they are now able to make the upgrade corrections to the DSP. They offered to send me cameras that have been upgraded and tested. Just FYI.

jreberry and Don, you have PMs.
InTheDark

Postby jreberry » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

InTheDark, congrats on your response. That is exactly the resolution I originally proposed to Foscam.us. I'm glad you were able to get a reasonable resolution. From your experience, foscamdigitaltech seems to be more accommodating than Foscam.us.
jreberry

Postby z288171 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:31 am

An update this morning (uk time).

The camera stayed on all night without resetting and is still on (13 hours)

Brightness and contrast was set at 6 and 4 and got quite a bit of the foxes setting the light off.

So far so good, will see what happens during the day. Doesn't look like it is going to be a sunny day in London today but it may brighten up later.

Don,

The only thing I could put in the instructions would be the front lens cover when screwing it back on. People need to be careful they don't cross thread it as the aluminium/ aluminum threads are quite small.

Also, it may sound trivial, but test the camera before it is put back where it came from. You don't want to climb up a ladder to reconnect it to find the camera lens is in upside down.

Apart from that, it is pretty straight forward.

The screws that hold it together are not the best quality and to take care unscrewing them.
z288171

Postby bobmoss » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:I have a request for anyone who has successfully connected to the camera with the update cable.

When you connect the camera 3 USB devices are created on your Windows system. Could someone check to see what the USB Device Class Definition for Video Devices are?

Hi Don,

I've just used USBDview from NirSoft to produce a report of the USB devices that were installed. There seems to actually be 4 installed.

The report it in HTML format so I will PM you the file and you can extract what info you need.

Bob.
bobmoss

Postby bobmoss » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:07 am

OK, here is a zip file containing the HTML report.

Hope this helps.

Bob.
bobmoss

Postby nagnal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:17 am

Could you send me a link thru PM? Thanks.
nagnal

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:01 am

z288171 wrote:An update this morning (uk time).

The camera stayed on all night without resetting and is still on (13 hours)

Brightness and contrast was set at 6 and 4 and got quite a bit of the foxes setting the light off.

So far so good, will see what happens during the day. Doesn't look like it is going to be a sunny day in London today but it may brighten up later.

Don,

The only thing I could put in the instructions would be the front lens cover when screwing it back on. People need to be careful they don't cross thread it as the aluminium/ aluminum threads are quite small.

Also, it may sound trivial, but test the camera before it is put back where it came from. You don't want to climb up a ladder to reconnect it to find the camera lens is in upside down.

Apart from that, it is pretty straight forward.

The screws that hold it together are not the best quality and to take care unscrewing them.

Created a new copy of the instructions with your comments included.

Sent it via PM.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:04 am

nagnal wrote:Could you send me a link thru PM? Thanks.

You are very welcome.

Sent via PM.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:14 am

bobmoss wrote:
TheUberOverLord wrote:I have a request for anyone who has successfully connected to the camera with the update cable.

When you connect the camera 3 USB devices are created on your Windows system. Could someone check to see what the USB Device Class Definition for Video Devices are?

Hi Don,

I've just used USBDview from NirSoft to produce a report of the USB devices that were installed. There seems to actually be 4 installed.

The report it in HTML format so I will PM you the file and you can extract what info you need.

Bob.

Thanks so much Bob.

What perplexed me about this is that everyone is referencing this DSP chip name as a V399. Including Foscam. There is no such DSP chip with a name of "V399" worldwide, that I can find or locate a reference to.

The USB Video devices that are added when you connect the USB update cable. Are confirming, that in fact this is a :

ARK3399 - Made by Arkmicro Technologies Inc.

USB 2.0 PC Camera Controller. Contains everything, DSP, USB Interface, OV7740 camera sensor. Basically everything on one PCB ("Printed Circuit Board").

For those that care. Links about this USB camera controller:

Specs Translated from Chinese using Google Translate:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://wenku.baidu.com/view/fd9d887ef46527d3240ce078.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522ARK3399%2522%26start%3D10%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D599

Someone selling these standalone camera modules in China, Chinese translated as well:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://detail.1688.com/offer/1166729971.html&act=url

Code: Select all
Product: USB2.0 PC CAMERA
Manufacturer: ARKMICRO
uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device USB2.0 PC CAMERA (18ec:3399)

I will do some searching and see if I can locate any instructions that might be able to be executed to the camera using .cgi commands to see if there is any way to query what the current DSP firmware version level is. So that it might be possible to determine if your camera may need to be upgraded or to at least confirm that your camera with this issue should be upgraded.

There also is a box computer called ARK-3399 which makes searching for this chip, more complex then it might have been, without that box computer. Having a similar name.

Don
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support