Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby mciaio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:51 pm

I would like the software and instructions PM to me please. I just got three 8910 delivered yesterday from Foscam eBay that are rebooting in bright sunlight. Rather frustrating. They were shipped from Texas, so you would think they were the latest and greatest. I updated firmware to .51 so they are at least that old.
mciaio

Postby spd2612 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:03 pm

I have one coming back from Foscam that has the DSP flash done by RMA ,they did send me a shipping label but I had already sent it in.
I should receive it back on Tuesday I will then give a update

I have a older 905 that I will flash myself, should have the plug on Monday
spd2612

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:08 pm

mciaio wrote:I would like the software and instructions PM to me please. I just got three 8910 delivered yesterday from Foscam eBay that are rebooting in bright sunlight. Rather frustrating. They were shipped from Texas, so you would think they were the latest and greatest. I updated firmware to .51 so they are at least that old.

Sent via PM.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby mciaio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks,

What is VBUS?
mciaio

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:55 pm

mciaio wrote:Thanks,

What is VBUS?

You are very welcome.

VBUS, in this case, carries a nominal +5V DC supply, from whatever device the USB cable is actually connect to. Such as a Windows system. Basically it's the power for the camera controller board in this case.

When you do the upgrade. The cameras power supply, should NOT be connected. So, in order to flash the DSP firmware. The board needs some form of power to communicate with the Windows system it's connected to. Normally, that power would be provided to the camera controlled board, by the camera itself. When the normal connector in the camera is connected to it.

As stated here before, by Bob. While the USB update cable is connected. You can actually use the camera, as if it was a USB webcam. This is because the camera really does use a USB webcam camera board for the cameras images/video. So while the rest of the camera is not powered up. Everything to use the camera as a USB webcam is.

I joked about this here earlier:

LOL. We may get secondary benefits out of all of this, such as:

"How to turn your broken MJPEG IP Camera into a USB Webcam for your PC vs. using it as a paperweight"

Can you imagine someone you never met before seeing an Outdoor IP Camera mounted on your desk someway, which is pointing toward an empty chair in front of a computer on that desk asking "What's That For?" and you respond "It's my custom USB PC webcam, with night vision as well!".

Kind of would make some think that maybe webcams were around since the 1980's that even had night vision and that they just never knew it and that you have one, that's still working.

OldCellPhone.jpg

Then to really stop their heart. You could pull out one of theses and make a phone call.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby happyheart » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Could you PM the updated link?
I have cable just made and will try tonight.

For 7 pin connector on 8910W and PIN 1 is as the same as 5 Pin?
happyheart

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:21 pm

happyheart wrote:Could you PM the updated link?
I have cable just made and will try tonight.

For 7 pin connector on 8910W and PIN 1 is as the same as 5 Pin?

Sent via PM.

No. Pin 5 is not even used for the USB update cable for Indoor cameras. Please see the picture of the Indoor camera 7 pin USB cable wiring which is located in the detailed documentation I just sent you.

One thing you should be aware of is that currently. There are no pictures of the Indoor camera board and connectors as there are for Outdoor camera models. This is because no Indoor camera owner has posted them yet. So please make sure you know were pin 1 is on the cameras board.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Also. If you ("Or anyone") are able to take pictures of the Indoor camera. Like the three pictures shown below, that are for the Outdoor cameras, while you do this. It would really be helpful and I will add them to the detailed documentation:

http://foscam.us/forum/8910w-hanging-rebooting-based-on-image-data-t5769-400.html#p33974

As is stands now. I don't have any insight as to where pin 1 is located on the cameras connector actually on the camera. Whereas I do have that information for the Outdoor cameras.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby mciaio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:37 pm

I did see that Don. I would be like a futuristic interrogation chair!
mciaio

Postby echudoba » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm

I just did the first of my two 8910W's. Here is a picture of the cable. I was able to use the sensor as a camera and the USB drivers did install. The program kept showing 20% bars and then not responding (crashed). This made my sensor inoperable. After many tries and different grounding nothing worked. I then went to a 32 bit older W7 computer and did the upgrade successfully. I still have to put the camera back together and test it. It does work as a USB camera now.

I am not sure the picture uploaded, I tried two times

Ed
echudoba

Postby mciaio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Well that's encouraging; a failed upload didn't brick it. Seems you can bring it back to life.
mciaio

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support