Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

MJPEG Cameras hanging/rebooting based on image data?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: 8910w hanging / rebooting based on image data?

Postby mciaio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:09 pm

DAMN! I don't have female jumpers, so I back probed the connector with my male jumpers. It powers up the whole camera and has a flaky connection to the USB. Keeps loading and unloading drivers. Back to looking for a connection around the house.
mciaio

Postby happyheart » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:47 pm

I just upgraded two 8910W cameras. But it is night here so still can not tell it fixed the problem or not. Should be a sunny day tomorrow, will report it back.

Yes, Pin1 and at the left side as shown in the picture.
happyheart

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:58 pm

happyheart wrote:I just upgraded two 8910W cameras. But it is night here so still can not tell it fixed the problem or not. Should be a sunny day tomorrow, will report it back.

Yes, Pin1 and at the left side as shown in the picture.

Do you notice any higher quality night vision or brighter?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby mciaio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Here's the down, dirty and risky way to do it on a 8910W. It worked fine. I do not see a difference in night vision. The hot spot might be a little bit less, but that could just be me.

2013-09-19 20.39.30.jpg

2013-09-19 20.38.55.jpg
mciaio

Postby z288171 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:22 am

Quick 8906 update.

Camera did go off yesterday 14:00 but that may be due to wireless box.

Been on since, have had some sunny spells and I have increased the settings and still working OK.

Stayed on all night and got some more footage of those pesky foxes!

Ben.
z288171

Postby echudoba » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:26 am

IMAG1673.jpg
Update:

After the update all well with standard settings on two 8910w's. I don't see any difference in picture quality, could be me. But the picture looks great with contrast and brightness set correct. I had to refocus them but I think it was from wrestling the sensor out of the housing could have moved something.

Not sure why my first computer kept getting a program stopped responding during the update. Could have been a timing issue, its a very fast computer with a ssd drive. At least you can re-flash it again if it crashes.

One positive is you can get these open box real cheap and fix them yourself. That was the case with the one I got from MobilePC. The other was from Home Depot and would have been pain to try a RMA or return.

Here are a few more pictures.

Thank you Don and everyone else who made this happen.

Ed
echudoba

Postby mciaio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:25 am

This is the picture that crashed my camera yesterday morning. This morning after the update, it is working fine. So the update works. I'm going to do my other 2 eventually, and maybe I will try to find some cheap open box returns. Anyone have any site to get cheap open boxes?

Untitled.jpg
mciaio

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:31 am

mciaio wrote:This is the picture that crashed my camera yesterday morning. This morning after the update, it is working fine. So the update works. I'm going to do my other 2 eventually, and maybe I will try to find some cheap open box returns. Anyone have any site to get cheap open boxes?

Untitled.jpg

Just a warning. While you could get lucky that the cameras were returned due to this issue. Something else could also have caused the camera to be returned.

I think Walmart and for sure Home Depot sell these. Target at one time did and so did Sears. Maybe others know some other stores not mentioned.

That said. It would be funny to walk into one of these stores with a laptop with the IP Camera Tool on and it and a short Ethernet cable and then test all the open box cameras found, on the spot, in that store and then say. "I want this one, that one and.."

For the brave and/or the experimentally minded. I have also created instructions on how to create a serial interface to these cameras to try and determine what maybe wrong with them. In the event they have other problems, not related to this issue:

http://www.openipcam.com/forum/index.php/topic,473.0.html

Please note. That I have no idea if the serial pin outs for a specific Foscam MJPEG camera model are the same as the example above. However, all MJPEG based Foscam camera models. Both Indoor and Outdoor support these serial interface methods. Actually even the H.264 based Foscam camera models do as well. But, they have a different Operating System and chipsets. I have also created serial interfaces, for the FI9821W both V1 and V2 and the FI9805W.

These methods can help isolate if any hardware component is failing in the camera at boot or during camera operations or to query firmware files or re-install firmware that somehow became corrupted, causing the camera to fail at boot, due to software issues.

Just wanted to mention this here. Since this forum thread includes DIY ("Do it yourself") methods.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby Doober » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:23 am

Hello,

I currently have one FI8906W and two of the FI8910W model cameras.
The FI8906W is experiencing the bright image reboot hang issues. However the FI8910W cameras have not had any problems.

I am interested in fixing this issue myself and have had no luck in finding the detailed documentation to do so.

Will someone please point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks in advance.
Doober

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 am

Doober wrote:Hello,

I currently have one FI8906W and two of the FI8910W model cameras.
The FI8906W is experiencing the bright image reboot hang issues. However the FI8910W cameras have not had any problems.

I am interested in fixing this issue myself and have had no luck in finding the detailed documentation to do so.

Will someone please point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks in advance.

You are very welcome.

Sent you the link to the detailed instructions via a PM ("Private Message") here in the forum.

Don
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support